"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marie M. Hayes, age 87, of Harmony, formerly of Canton, died Dec. 1, 2002 at the Harmony Healthcare Center in Harmony.
Marie was born April 2, 1915 in Elgin, Neb. to Bernard and Elizabeth (Bechler) Ollendick. She attended school in the Elgin area and on November 28, 1940 married Laurence Hayes in Los Angeles, Calif. They lived in Cresco before moving to Canton in 1953. She was a longtime homemaker and had worked at HECO in Harmony and they both had worked at the Fillmore County Nursery. Laurence passed away on March 14, 1977. She was a loving mother and wife. Marie was a member of the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton and enjoyed gardening, canning, quilting, and crocheting. Marie is survived by five daughters, Katherine Thillen of Wabasha, Minn., Linda Bolin of Oronoco, Minn., Mary (Ken) Peters of Rochester, Ann (Roger) Storlie of Wykoff, and Virginia (Carl) Ernst of Canton; three sons, Dale (Barbara) of Rochester, Robert (Julie) of Carpenter, Wyo., and Alan (Stacey) of Canton; daughter-in-law Sharon Hayes of Moorhead; 22 grandchildren; 14 great grandchildren; daughter-in-law Sharon Hayes of Moohead, Minn.; six sisters, Teresa Moser of Tomah, Wis., Louise Smith of Ottumwa, Iowa, Wilhelmina Kalvelage of Cresco, Frances Salber of Browerville, Minn., Dorothy Salber of Marathon, Wis., and Bernadine Sloan of Scottsdale, Ariz.; and four brothers Theodore of Camp Douglas, Wis., Henry of Dubuque, Iowa, Charles of Hills, Iowa, and Donald of Cuba City, Wis. She was preceded in death by her husband; a son Larry; a brother Alfred; and a sister Clara Dorn. Funeral Mass was Dec. 7, 2002 at the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton with Father Steven Peterson, officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.