"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, September 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marie M. Hayes, age 87, of Harmony, formerly of Canton, died Dec. 1, 2002 at the Harmony Healthcare Center in Harmony.
Marie was born April 2, 1915 in Elgin, Neb. to Bernard and Elizabeth (Bechler) Ollendick. She attended school in the Elgin area and on November 28, 1940 married Laurence Hayes in Los Angeles, Calif. They lived in Cresco before moving to Canton in 1953. She was a longtime homemaker and had worked at HECO in Harmony and they both had worked at the Fillmore County Nursery. Laurence passed away on March 14, 1977. She was a loving mother and wife. Marie was a member of the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton and enjoyed gardening, canning, quilting, and crocheting. Marie is survived by five daughters, Katherine Thillen of Wabasha, Minn., Linda Bolin of Oronoco, Minn., Mary (Ken) Peters of Rochester, Ann (Roger) Storlie of Wykoff, and Virginia (Carl) Ernst of Canton; three sons, Dale (Barbara) of Rochester, Robert (Julie) of Carpenter, Wyo., and Alan (Stacey) of Canton; daughter-in-law Sharon Hayes of Moorhead; 22 grandchildren; 14 great grandchildren; daughter-in-law Sharon Hayes of Moohead, Minn.; six sisters, Teresa Moser of Tomah, Wis., Louise Smith of Ottumwa, Iowa, Wilhelmina Kalvelage of Cresco, Frances Salber of Browerville, Minn., Dorothy Salber of Marathon, Wis., and Bernadine Sloan of Scottsdale, Ariz.; and four brothers Theodore of Camp Douglas, Wis., Henry of Dubuque, Iowa, Charles of Hills, Iowa, and Donald of Cuba City, Wis. She was preceded in death by her husband; a son Larry; a brother Alfred; and a sister Clara Dorn. Funeral Mass was Dec. 7, 2002 at the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton with Father Steven Peterson, officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.