"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, December 13th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marie M. Hayes, age 87, of Harmony, formerly of Canton, died Dec. 1, 2002 at the Harmony Healthcare Center in Harmony.
Marie was born April 2, 1915 in Elgin, Neb. to Bernard and Elizabeth (Bechler) Ollendick. She attended school in the Elgin area and on November 28, 1940 married Laurence Hayes in Los Angeles, Calif. They lived in Cresco before moving to Canton in 1953. She was a longtime homemaker and had worked at HECO in Harmony and they both had worked at the Fillmore County Nursery. Laurence passed away on March 14, 1977. She was a loving mother and wife. Marie was a member of the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton and enjoyed gardening, canning, quilting, and crocheting. Marie is survived by five daughters, Katherine Thillen of Wabasha, Minn., Linda Bolin of Oronoco, Minn., Mary (Ken) Peters of Rochester, Ann (Roger) Storlie of Wykoff, and Virginia (Carl) Ernst of Canton; three sons, Dale (Barbara) of Rochester, Robert (Julie) of Carpenter, Wyo., and Alan (Stacey) of Canton; daughter-in-law Sharon Hayes of Moorhead; 22 grandchildren; 14 great grandchildren; daughter-in-law Sharon Hayes of Moohead, Minn.; six sisters, Teresa Moser of Tomah, Wis., Louise Smith of Ottumwa, Iowa, Wilhelmina Kalvelage of Cresco, Frances Salber of Browerville, Minn., Dorothy Salber of Marathon, Wis., and Bernadine Sloan of Scottsdale, Ariz.; and four brothers Theodore of Camp Douglas, Wis., Henry of Dubuque, Iowa, Charles of Hills, Iowa, and Donald of Cuba City, Wis. She was preceded in death by her husband; a son Larry; a brother Alfred; and a sister Clara Dorn. Funeral Mass was Dec. 7, 2002 at the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton with Father Steven Peterson, officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.