"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
- 4:42:50, Oct 4th 2015 - Claudia Larson - What they passed was not Comprehensive Immigration as there wasn't on ... [Read More]
- 5:19:12, Oct 4th 2015 - Commonsense - And people on bikes, moterized scooters need to stay off the sidewalks ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marie M. Hayes, age 87, of Harmony, formerly of Canton, died Dec. 1, 2002 at the Harmony Healthcare Center in Harmony.
Marie was born April 2, 1915 in Elgin, Neb. to Bernard and Elizabeth (Bechler) Ollendick. She attended school in the Elgin area and on November 28, 1940 married Laurence Hayes in Los Angeles, Calif. They lived in Cresco before moving to Canton in 1953. She was a longtime homemaker and had worked at HECO in Harmony and they both had worked at the Fillmore County Nursery. Laurence passed away on March 14, 1977. She was a loving mother and wife. Marie was a member of the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton and enjoyed gardening, canning, quilting, and crocheting. Marie is survived by five daughters, Katherine Thillen of Wabasha, Minn., Linda Bolin of Oronoco, Minn., Mary (Ken) Peters of Rochester, Ann (Roger) Storlie of Wykoff, and Virginia (Carl) Ernst of Canton; three sons, Dale (Barbara) of Rochester, Robert (Julie) of Carpenter, Wyo., and Alan (Stacey) of Canton; daughter-in-law Sharon Hayes of Moorhead; 22 grandchildren; 14 great grandchildren; daughter-in-law Sharon Hayes of Moohead, Minn.; six sisters, Teresa Moser of Tomah, Wis., Louise Smith of Ottumwa, Iowa, Wilhelmina Kalvelage of Cresco, Frances Salber of Browerville, Minn., Dorothy Salber of Marathon, Wis., and Bernadine Sloan of Scottsdale, Ariz.; and four brothers Theodore of Camp Douglas, Wis., Henry of Dubuque, Iowa, Charles of Hills, Iowa, and Donald of Cuba City, Wis. She was preceded in death by her husband; a son Larry; a brother Alfred; and a sister Clara Dorn. Funeral Mass was Dec. 7, 2002 at the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton with Father Steven Peterson, officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.