"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, August 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marie M. Hayes, age 87, of Harmony, formerly of Canton, died Dec. 1, 2002 at the Harmony Healthcare Center in Harmony.
Marie was born April 2, 1915 in Elgin, Neb. to Bernard and Elizabeth (Bechler) Ollendick. She attended school in the Elgin area and on November 28, 1940 married Laurence Hayes in Los Angeles, Calif. They lived in Cresco before moving to Canton in 1953. She was a longtime homemaker and had worked at HECO in Harmony and they both had worked at the Fillmore County Nursery. Laurence passed away on March 14, 1977. She was a loving mother and wife. Marie was a member of the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton and enjoyed gardening, canning, quilting, and crocheting. Marie is survived by five daughters, Katherine Thillen of Wabasha, Minn., Linda Bolin of Oronoco, Minn., Mary (Ken) Peters of Rochester, Ann (Roger) Storlie of Wykoff, and Virginia (Carl) Ernst of Canton; three sons, Dale (Barbara) of Rochester, Robert (Julie) of Carpenter, Wyo., and Alan (Stacey) of Canton; daughter-in-law Sharon Hayes of Moorhead; 22 grandchildren; 14 great grandchildren; daughter-in-law Sharon Hayes of Moohead, Minn.; six sisters, Teresa Moser of Tomah, Wis., Louise Smith of Ottumwa, Iowa, Wilhelmina Kalvelage of Cresco, Frances Salber of Browerville, Minn., Dorothy Salber of Marathon, Wis., and Bernadine Sloan of Scottsdale, Ariz.; and four brothers Theodore of Camp Douglas, Wis., Henry of Dubuque, Iowa, Charles of Hills, Iowa, and Donald of Cuba City, Wis. She was preceded in death by her husband; a son Larry; a brother Alfred; and a sister Clara Dorn. Funeral Mass was Dec. 7, 2002 at the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton with Father Steven Peterson, officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.