"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Malinda (Lindy) Gilbert died Nov. 19, 2002 at the Chosen Valley Care Center, Chatfield, MN, where she resided at the time of her death. She had also lived in Whalan and at Sylvan Manor Apartments in Lanesboro.
Malinda was born September 11, 1906, in Clinton, IA, to Herman and Marie Hoffman Jahn. She married Orville R. Gilbert on March 3, 1933. Orville died in 1959. Mrs. Gilbert was a former member of the Zion Lutheran Church, Clinton, IA, Trinity Lutheran Church in Rhinelander, WI, and Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan, MN. Survivors include daughters, Elaine Mayer of Cedar Rapids, IA and Diane Knight of Whalan; and sons, Leon of Santa Rosa, CA, and Ivan of St Paul, MN. A memorial service for Malinda (Lindy) Gilbert will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, December 14, at Whalan Lutheran Church. The service will be followed by coffee and fellowship at the church. Burial was in Clinton, Iowa.