"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, August 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:43:29, Aug 1st 2015 - concerned - Wow...common sense did not prevail here. Please ask the City of Peterson ... [Read More]
- 8:31:54, Aug 1st 2015 - Remark1976 - The summer food program isn't new and Fillmore Central has been serving t ... [Read More]
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Malinda (Lindy) Gilbert died Nov. 19, 2002 at the Chosen Valley Care Center, Chatfield, MN, where she resided at the time of her death. She had also lived in Whalan and at Sylvan Manor Apartments in Lanesboro.
Malinda was born September 11, 1906, in Clinton, IA, to Herman and Marie Hoffman Jahn. She married Orville R. Gilbert on March 3, 1933. Orville died in 1959. Mrs. Gilbert was a former member of the Zion Lutheran Church, Clinton, IA, Trinity Lutheran Church in Rhinelander, WI, and Whalan Lutheran Church in Whalan, MN. Survivors include daughters, Elaine Mayer of Cedar Rapids, IA and Diane Knight of Whalan; and sons, Leon of Santa Rosa, CA, and Ivan of St Paul, MN. A memorial service for Malinda (Lindy) Gilbert will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, December 14, at Whalan Lutheran Church. The service will be followed by coffee and fellowship at the church. Burial was in Clinton, Iowa.