"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold M. Belverud, age 86, of rural Mabel, Minnesota died November 26, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Arnold was born May 31, 1916 in Rice County, Minnesota to Albert and Minda (Westgard) Belverud. He attended country schools in Dodge County, Minnesota. During World War II he served in the United States Army and then married Louise Myhre in Des Moines, Iowa. Arnold farmed in the Winona, Caledonia, Kenyon, Eitzen, and Dorchester areas, and had run a nightclub in Mazeppa, a hotel in Minnesota City, and the Whispering Pines Supper Club near Mabel. Louise passed away in June, 1989. Arnold is survived by four sons John of Mabel, Gary (Tammy) of Decorah, Iowa, and Mark (Lisa) of Dorchester, Iowa, and; a daughter Marlys Koster of Owatonna, Minnesota; a step-daughter Gladys (Robert) Brodrick of Northfield, Minnesota; a step-son Richard Clausen of California: 19 grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren; two brothers Lloyd of Kenyon, and Harold (Florence) of West Concord, Minnesota; and two sisters Clara Watermolen, and Lillian (Dick) Dunlop both of Faribault, Minnesota. He was preceded in death by his wife; a son; a daughter; his parents; and three brothers and sisters. Funeral services were held November 30, 2002 at the Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel with the Rev. Paul Burgess from the St. Johns United Church of Christ in New Albin, Iowa, officiating. Burial was in the Meadow Ridge Memorial Park in Faribault, Minnesota. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.