"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold M. Belverud, age 86, of rural Mabel, Minnesota died November 26, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Arnold was born May 31, 1916 in Rice County, Minnesota to Albert and Minda (Westgard) Belverud. He attended country schools in Dodge County, Minnesota. During World War II he served in the United States Army and then married Louise Myhre in Des Moines, Iowa. Arnold farmed in the Winona, Caledonia, Kenyon, Eitzen, and Dorchester areas, and had run a nightclub in Mazeppa, a hotel in Minnesota City, and the Whispering Pines Supper Club near Mabel. Louise passed away in June, 1989. Arnold is survived by four sons John of Mabel, Gary (Tammy) of Decorah, Iowa, and Mark (Lisa) of Dorchester, Iowa, and; a daughter Marlys Koster of Owatonna, Minnesota; a step-daughter Gladys (Robert) Brodrick of Northfield, Minnesota; a step-son Richard Clausen of California: 19 grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren; two brothers Lloyd of Kenyon, and Harold (Florence) of West Concord, Minnesota; and two sisters Clara Watermolen, and Lillian (Dick) Dunlop both of Faribault, Minnesota. He was preceded in death by his wife; a son; a daughter; his parents; and three brothers and sisters. Funeral services were held November 30, 2002 at the Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel with the Rev. Paul Burgess from the St. Johns United Church of Christ in New Albin, Iowa, officiating. Burial was in the Meadow Ridge Memorial Park in Faribault, Minnesota. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.