"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, October 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:58:02, Oct 19th 2014 - - F.Y.I--Passed, not pasted ... [Read More]
- 4:32:49, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 4:19:23, Oct 19th 2014 - Facts - Read these commentaries and then actually call the district and get the true ... [Read More]
- 4:11:10, Oct 19th 2014 - RFDVOLUNTEER - To "the truth hurts and "loud interruption" I am for the school, but ... [Read More]
- 9:46:48, Oct 19th 2014 - greatquestion - You ask a very good question. Mr. Ehler or Board Chair Mr. Linder wo ... [Read More]
- 11:22:49, Oct 18th 2014 - agree - Fact says has a great point. Money is at the root of the problems in high sc ... [Read More]
- 5:24:15, Oct 17th 2014 - FC concern - To FC Nobody: Just means you have smart bullies. Take your blinders of ... [Read More]
- 7:09:36, Oct 17th 2014 - - There was no flood water in the Rushford school . ... [Read More]
- 7:02:40, Oct 17th 2014 - fact - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not ... [Read More]
- 6:56:33, Oct 17th 2014 - - This is a great place to voice your opinion! Going to a school board will not help ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold M. Belverud, age 86, of rural Mabel, Minnesota died November 26, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Arnold was born May 31, 1916 in Rice County, Minnesota to Albert and Minda (Westgard) Belverud. He attended country schools in Dodge County, Minnesota. During World War II he served in the United States Army and then married Louise Myhre in Des Moines, Iowa. Arnold farmed in the Winona, Caledonia, Kenyon, Eitzen, and Dorchester areas, and had run a nightclub in Mazeppa, a hotel in Minnesota City, and the Whispering Pines Supper Club near Mabel. Louise passed away in June, 1989. Arnold is survived by four sons John of Mabel, Gary (Tammy) of Decorah, Iowa, and Mark (Lisa) of Dorchester, Iowa, and; a daughter Marlys Koster of Owatonna, Minnesota; a step-daughter Gladys (Robert) Brodrick of Northfield, Minnesota; a step-son Richard Clausen of California: 19 grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren; two brothers Lloyd of Kenyon, and Harold (Florence) of West Concord, Minnesota; and two sisters Clara Watermolen, and Lillian (Dick) Dunlop both of Faribault, Minnesota. He was preceded in death by his wife; a son; a daughter; his parents; and three brothers and sisters. Funeral services were held November 30, 2002 at the Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel with the Rev. Paul Burgess from the St. Johns United Church of Christ in New Albin, Iowa, officiating. Burial was in the Meadow Ridge Memorial Park in Faribault, Minnesota. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.