"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, September 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold M. Belverud, age 86, of rural Mabel, Minnesota died November 26, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Arnold was born May 31, 1916 in Rice County, Minnesota to Albert and Minda (Westgard) Belverud. He attended country schools in Dodge County, Minnesota. During World War II he served in the United States Army and then married Louise Myhre in Des Moines, Iowa. Arnold farmed in the Winona, Caledonia, Kenyon, Eitzen, and Dorchester areas, and had run a nightclub in Mazeppa, a hotel in Minnesota City, and the Whispering Pines Supper Club near Mabel. Louise passed away in June, 1989. Arnold is survived by four sons John of Mabel, Gary (Tammy) of Decorah, Iowa, and Mark (Lisa) of Dorchester, Iowa, and; a daughter Marlys Koster of Owatonna, Minnesota; a step-daughter Gladys (Robert) Brodrick of Northfield, Minnesota; a step-son Richard Clausen of California: 19 grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren; two brothers Lloyd of Kenyon, and Harold (Florence) of West Concord, Minnesota; and two sisters Clara Watermolen, and Lillian (Dick) Dunlop both of Faribault, Minnesota. He was preceded in death by his wife; a son; a daughter; his parents; and three brothers and sisters. Funeral services were held November 30, 2002 at the Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel with the Rev. Paul Burgess from the St. Johns United Church of Christ in New Albin, Iowa, officiating. Burial was in the Meadow Ridge Memorial Park in Faribault, Minnesota. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.