"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 6th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold M. Belverud, age 86, of rural Mabel, Minnesota died November 26, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Arnold was born May 31, 1916 in Rice County, Minnesota to Albert and Minda (Westgard) Belverud. He attended country schools in Dodge County, Minnesota. During World War II he served in the United States Army and then married Louise Myhre in Des Moines, Iowa. Arnold farmed in the Winona, Caledonia, Kenyon, Eitzen, and Dorchester areas, and had run a nightclub in Mazeppa, a hotel in Minnesota City, and the Whispering Pines Supper Club near Mabel. Louise passed away in June, 1989. Arnold is survived by four sons John of Mabel, Gary (Tammy) of Decorah, Iowa, and Mark (Lisa) of Dorchester, Iowa, and; a daughter Marlys Koster of Owatonna, Minnesota; a step-daughter Gladys (Robert) Brodrick of Northfield, Minnesota; a step-son Richard Clausen of California: 19 grandchildren; 11 great grandchildren; two brothers Lloyd of Kenyon, and Harold (Florence) of West Concord, Minnesota; and two sisters Clara Watermolen, and Lillian (Dick) Dunlop both of Faribault, Minnesota. He was preceded in death by his wife; a son; a daughter; his parents; and three brothers and sisters. Funeral services were held November 30, 2002 at the Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel with the Rev. Paul Burgess from the St. Johns United Church of Christ in New Albin, Iowa, officiating. Burial was in the Meadow Ridge Memorial Park in Faribault, Minnesota. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.