"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 10th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:39:52, Oct 9th 2015 - KingslandGrad95 - As someone who was a student at Kingsland from it's beginning, pare ... [Read More]
- 11:23:47, Oct 9th 2015 - Go Falcons!! - I'd like to give a huge shout out to Fillmore Centrals Volleyball coac ... [Read More]
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lydia Sherwin, 98, of Decorah, Iowa, formerly of Fillmore County, died Dec. 8, 2002 at Aase Haugen Home in Decorah following a short illness.
Lydia Margaret Young was born Sept. 24, 1904, to Jacob and Mary (Barth) Young on a farm near Locust, Iowa. She attended St. John's Lutheran Church in Locust as a child. She married William Sherwin at United Lutheran Church parsonage in Decorah. They farmed in the Locust area until 1943 and then in Fillmore County north of Lime Springs. Her husband died in November 1966. She moved to Decorah in 1970. Survivors include a son, Robert (Joan) of Edina, Minn.; two grandsons; and a sister, Julia Bergsrud of Decorah. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, a half brother, a half sister, a brother and three sisters. A memorial service for Lydia Sherwin was Dec 11, 2002 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Harmony, with the Rev. Lynda Johnson-Prestholt officiating. Burial was in Saetersdal Cemetery. Fjelstul Funeral Home in Decorah was in charge of arrangements.