"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lydia Sherwin, 98, of Decorah, Iowa, formerly of Fillmore County, died Dec. 8, 2002 at Aase Haugen Home in Decorah following a short illness.
Lydia Margaret Young was born Sept. 24, 1904, to Jacob and Mary (Barth) Young on a farm near Locust, Iowa. She attended St. John's Lutheran Church in Locust as a child. She married William Sherwin at United Lutheran Church parsonage in Decorah. They farmed in the Locust area until 1943 and then in Fillmore County north of Lime Springs. Her husband died in November 1966. She moved to Decorah in 1970. Survivors include a son, Robert (Joan) of Edina, Minn.; two grandsons; and a sister, Julia Bergsrud of Decorah. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, a half brother, a half sister, a brother and three sisters. A memorial service for Lydia Sherwin was Dec 11, 2002 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Harmony, with the Rev. Lynda Johnson-Prestholt officiating. Burial was in Saetersdal Cemetery. Fjelstul Funeral Home in Decorah was in charge of arrangements.