"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, April 21st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
- 2:39:36, Apr 20th 2015 - LOLZ - I do agree that "Just Say No" was about the lamest thing ever spoken by Frank ... [Read More]
- 12:12:47, Apr 20th 2015 - Sheriff Tom Kaase - Very well done! ... [Read More]
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
- 6:54:31, Apr 15th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Is it time for a group hug yet? ... [Read More]
- 4:05:24, Apr 15th 2015 - couldn't care less - Dogboy, you don't have the maturity of a man yet, so it's dogboy ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lydia Sherwin, 98, of Decorah, Iowa, formerly of Fillmore County, died Dec. 8, 2002 at Aase Haugen Home in Decorah following a short illness.
Lydia Margaret Young was born Sept. 24, 1904, to Jacob and Mary (Barth) Young on a farm near Locust, Iowa. She attended St. John's Lutheran Church in Locust as a child. She married William Sherwin at United Lutheran Church parsonage in Decorah. They farmed in the Locust area until 1943 and then in Fillmore County north of Lime Springs. Her husband died in November 1966. She moved to Decorah in 1970. Survivors include a son, Robert (Joan) of Edina, Minn.; two grandsons; and a sister, Julia Bergsrud of Decorah. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, a half brother, a half sister, a brother and three sisters. A memorial service for Lydia Sherwin was Dec 11, 2002 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Harmony, with the Rev. Lynda Johnson-Prestholt officiating. Burial was in Saetersdal Cemetery. Fjelstul Funeral Home in Decorah was in charge of arrangements.