"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:15:19, Dec 28th 2014 - country girl - Right on! ... [Read More]
- 5:30:05, Dec 28th 2014 - not happy - Nope ... [Read More]
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lydia Sherwin, 98, of Decorah, Iowa, formerly of Fillmore County, died Dec. 8, 2002 at Aase Haugen Home in Decorah following a short illness.
Lydia Margaret Young was born Sept. 24, 1904, to Jacob and Mary (Barth) Young on a farm near Locust, Iowa. She attended St. John's Lutheran Church in Locust as a child. She married William Sherwin at United Lutheran Church parsonage in Decorah. They farmed in the Locust area until 1943 and then in Fillmore County north of Lime Springs. Her husband died in November 1966. She moved to Decorah in 1970. Survivors include a son, Robert (Joan) of Edina, Minn.; two grandsons; and a sister, Julia Bergsrud of Decorah. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, a half brother, a half sister, a brother and three sisters. A memorial service for Lydia Sherwin was Dec 11, 2002 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Harmony, with the Rev. Lynda Johnson-Prestholt officiating. Burial was in Saetersdal Cemetery. Fjelstul Funeral Home in Decorah was in charge of arrangements.