"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lydia Sherwin, 98, of Decorah, Iowa, formerly of Fillmore County, died Dec. 8, 2002 at Aase Haugen Home in Decorah following a short illness.
Lydia Margaret Young was born Sept. 24, 1904, to Jacob and Mary (Barth) Young on a farm near Locust, Iowa. She attended St. John's Lutheran Church in Locust as a child. She married William Sherwin at United Lutheran Church parsonage in Decorah. They farmed in the Locust area until 1943 and then in Fillmore County north of Lime Springs. Her husband died in November 1966. She moved to Decorah in 1970. Survivors include a son, Robert (Joan) of Edina, Minn.; two grandsons; and a sister, Julia Bergsrud of Decorah. She was preceded in death by a son, a grandson, a half brother, a half sister, a brother and three sisters. A memorial service for Lydia Sherwin was Dec 11, 2002 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Harmony, with the Rev. Lynda Johnson-Prestholt officiating. Burial was in Saetersdal Cemetery. Fjelstul Funeral Home in Decorah was in charge of arrangements.