"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 4th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:06:21, Dec 3rd 2016 - SV85 - Well, well, Hawkeye63 now seems to think he is a Biblical scholar---typical ri ... [Read More]
- 1:12:44, Dec 3rd 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Hawkeye63 I am curious if you would mind going through the list of c ... [Read More]
- 6:41:53, Dec 2nd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Condolences Herb. The Cretin and his deplorable supporters prevailed and y ... [Read More]
- 11:36:58, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr Swartzentruber, not to worry much about the rambings of SV85. No cred ... [Read More]
- 7:24:13, Nov 30th 2016 - kingslandGrad95 - Valerie, if the issuer of stock is still in business, then Yes, the ... [Read More]
- 6:18:02, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - What ? Back up the bus. America is a beacon of freedom in the world. As a ... [Read More]
- 11:00:19, Nov 29th 2016 - valeriejbf - I looking thro some old papers and found a certificate for 1 share of c ... [Read More]
- 6:13:52, Nov 29th 2016 - Kyle - Great post! I took some piano lessons when I was young, and always wanted to ... [Read More]
- 7:52:32, Nov 28th 2016 - Mario Bruneau - Jonathan made a wise decision to learn piano tuning as it is a field ... [Read More]
- 6:01:39, Nov 22nd 2016 - Al-Hajji Frederick H Minshall - "Barn cats" are an absolutely HORRIBLE idea: Every ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cyrus B. Shaw, 84, of Yuma, Ariz., formerly of Preston, died Nov. 30, 2002 at Yuma Regional Medical Center.
He was born April 16, 1918, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County, and was a farm laborer before joining the Army during World War II. He received the Purple Heart. On July 18, 1949, he married Lorene Fokken, and they lived in Preston. She died in 1977. He and Sybil Klaes were married July 6, 1985, and they lived in Preston until moving to Yuma in 1998. He worked at the Preston Creamery for 18 years and was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church and the Preston VFW. His interests included feeding birds, cutting wood and dancing. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Phyllis Duryee of Owatonna and Sharon (Dennis) Rose of Withee, Wis.; two sons, Cyrus "Dean" and John, both of Blooming Prairie; 13 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; a brother, Roger of Madill, Okla.; and a sister, Jean Henke of Preston. Three brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Cyrus B. Shaw was Dec 7, 2002 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.