"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 7th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
- 6:32:58, Feb 22nd 2014 - Journalreader - WOW is what i can say to this WOW. good job journal this is one heck ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cyrus B. Shaw, 84, of Yuma, Ariz., formerly of Preston, died Nov. 30, 2002 at Yuma Regional Medical Center.
He was born April 16, 1918, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County, and was a farm laborer before joining the Army during World War II. He received the Purple Heart. On July 18, 1949, he married Lorene Fokken, and they lived in Preston. She died in 1977. He and Sybil Klaes were married July 6, 1985, and they lived in Preston until moving to Yuma in 1998. He worked at the Preston Creamery for 18 years and was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church and the Preston VFW. His interests included feeding birds, cutting wood and dancing. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Phyllis Duryee of Owatonna and Sharon (Dennis) Rose of Withee, Wis.; two sons, Cyrus "Dean" and John, both of Blooming Prairie; 13 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; a brother, Roger of Madill, Okla.; and a sister, Jean Henke of Preston. Three brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Cyrus B. Shaw was Dec 7, 2002 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.