"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 1st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:09:57, Sep 30th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Ella and family, Sorry for your loss of Roger! You ... [Read More]
- 5:26:29, Sep 27th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @ Kim Wentworth, ^the last post was from me. I just wanted to be c ... [Read More]
- 3:44:00, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Thomas E. H.- the planet's temp changes, goes thru cycles, a tweak u ... [Read More]
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cyrus B. Shaw, 84, of Yuma, Ariz., formerly of Preston, died Nov. 30, 2002 at Yuma Regional Medical Center.
He was born April 16, 1918, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County, and was a farm laborer before joining the Army during World War II. He received the Purple Heart. On July 18, 1949, he married Lorene Fokken, and they lived in Preston. She died in 1977. He and Sybil Klaes were married July 6, 1985, and they lived in Preston until moving to Yuma in 1998. He worked at the Preston Creamery for 18 years and was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church and the Preston VFW. His interests included feeding birds, cutting wood and dancing. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Phyllis Duryee of Owatonna and Sharon (Dennis) Rose of Withee, Wis.; two sons, Cyrus "Dean" and John, both of Blooming Prairie; 13 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; a brother, Roger of Madill, Okla.; and a sister, Jean Henke of Preston. Three brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Cyrus B. Shaw was Dec 7, 2002 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.