"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:57:39, May 4th 2016 - Paul - Liberal rants are just as worthless as your rightwing rants. Thank you for your ... [Read More]
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cyrus B. Shaw, 84, of Yuma, Ariz., formerly of Preston, died Nov. 30, 2002 at Yuma Regional Medical Center.
He was born April 16, 1918, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County, and was a farm laborer before joining the Army during World War II. He received the Purple Heart. On July 18, 1949, he married Lorene Fokken, and they lived in Preston. She died in 1977. He and Sybil Klaes were married July 6, 1985, and they lived in Preston until moving to Yuma in 1998. He worked at the Preston Creamery for 18 years and was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church and the Preston VFW. His interests included feeding birds, cutting wood and dancing. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Phyllis Duryee of Owatonna and Sharon (Dennis) Rose of Withee, Wis.; two sons, Cyrus "Dean" and John, both of Blooming Prairie; 13 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; a brother, Roger of Madill, Okla.; and a sister, Jean Henke of Preston. Three brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Cyrus B. Shaw was Dec 7, 2002 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.