"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, February 11th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
- 1:16:28, Feb 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, You are correct when you state the negative comments were mostly f ... [Read More]
- 11:31:59, Feb 9th 2016 - Rushford Man says - I am willing to pay more taxes for the new school. It will bene ... [Read More]
- 11:16:55, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 I don't know how I can get you to address the main point of the a ... [Read More]
- 10:37:19, Feb 9th 2016 - @says - Quit whining. I would say the value of your farm / land has dramatically inc ... [Read More]
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cyrus B. Shaw, 84, of Yuma, Ariz., formerly of Preston, died Nov. 30, 2002 at Yuma Regional Medical Center.
He was born April 16, 1918, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County, and was a farm laborer before joining the Army during World War II. He received the Purple Heart. On July 18, 1949, he married Lorene Fokken, and they lived in Preston. She died in 1977. He and Sybil Klaes were married July 6, 1985, and they lived in Preston until moving to Yuma in 1998. He worked at the Preston Creamery for 18 years and was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church and the Preston VFW. His interests included feeding birds, cutting wood and dancing. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Phyllis Duryee of Owatonna and Sharon (Dennis) Rose of Withee, Wis.; two sons, Cyrus "Dean" and John, both of Blooming Prairie; 13 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; a brother, Roger of Madill, Okla.; and a sister, Jean Henke of Preston. Three brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Cyrus B. Shaw was Dec 7, 2002 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.