"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cyrus B. Shaw, 84, of Yuma, Ariz., formerly of Preston, died Nov. 30, 2002 at Yuma Regional Medical Center.
He was born April 16, 1918, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County, and was a farm laborer before joining the Army during World War II. He received the Purple Heart. On July 18, 1949, he married Lorene Fokken, and they lived in Preston. She died in 1977. He and Sybil Klaes were married July 6, 1985, and they lived in Preston until moving to Yuma in 1998. He worked at the Preston Creamery for 18 years and was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church and the Preston VFW. His interests included feeding birds, cutting wood and dancing. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Phyllis Duryee of Owatonna and Sharon (Dennis) Rose of Withee, Wis.; two sons, Cyrus "Dean" and John, both of Blooming Prairie; 13 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; a brother, Roger of Madill, Okla.; and a sister, Jean Henke of Preston. Three brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Cyrus B. Shaw was Dec 7, 2002 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.