"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Cyrus B. Shaw, 84, of Yuma, Ariz., formerly of Preston, died Nov. 30, 2002 at Yuma Regional Medical Center.
He was born April 16, 1918, in Sumner Township, Fillmore County, and was a farm laborer before joining the Army during World War II. He received the Purple Heart. On July 18, 1949, he married Lorene Fokken, and they lived in Preston. She died in 1977. He and Sybil Klaes were married July 6, 1985, and they lived in Preston until moving to Yuma in 1998. He worked at the Preston Creamery for 18 years and was a member of St. Columban Catholic Church and the Preston VFW. His interests included feeding birds, cutting wood and dancing. Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Phyllis Duryee of Owatonna and Sharon (Dennis) Rose of Withee, Wis.; two sons, Cyrus "Dean" and John, both of Blooming Prairie; 13 grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; a brother, Roger of Madill, Okla.; and a sister, Jean Henke of Preston. Three brothers and two sisters preceded him in death. The funeral for Cyrus B. Shaw was Dec 7, 2002 at St. Columban Catholic Church in Preston, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.