"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 8th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gladys C. Seem, 94, of Harmony, formerly of Lanesboro, died Dec. 7, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester, where she had been a patient since Nov. 29.
Gladys C. Lawstuen was born Aug. 3, 1908, in rural Lanesboro, graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1925 and, after attending normal training in Winona, taught in area grade schools. On June 16, 1931, she married Alfred Seem at the Highland Prairie church parsonage. She had lived in Harmony, later in rural Lanesboro and in Minneapolis before returning to Lanesboro. She was a bookkeeper at Lanesboro Co-op, and she and her husband owned and operated Knotty Pine Cabins. Mr. Seem died March 16, 1999. She entered the care center in Harmony in August 2002. She was a member of Elstad Lutheran Church where she taught Sunday school and was church treasurer and active in WELCA. Survivors include a daughter, Dorothy Ann Ettinger of Minnetonka, Minn.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. Two brothers and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Gladys C. Seem was Dec. 13, 2002 at Elstad Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Wade E. Davick officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.