"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, December 4th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:06:21, Dec 3rd 2016 - SV85 - Well, well, Hawkeye63 now seems to think he is a Biblical scholar---typical ri ... [Read More]
- 1:12:44, Dec 3rd 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Hawkeye63 I am curious if you would mind going through the list of c ... [Read More]
- 6:41:53, Dec 2nd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Condolences Herb. The Cretin and his deplorable supporters prevailed and y ... [Read More]
- 11:36:58, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr Swartzentruber, not to worry much about the rambings of SV85. No cred ... [Read More]
- 7:24:13, Nov 30th 2016 - kingslandGrad95 - Valerie, if the issuer of stock is still in business, then Yes, the ... [Read More]
- 6:18:02, Nov 30th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - What ? Back up the bus. America is a beacon of freedom in the world. As a ... [Read More]
- 11:00:19, Nov 29th 2016 - valeriejbf - I looking thro some old papers and found a certificate for 1 share of c ... [Read More]
- 6:13:52, Nov 29th 2016 - Kyle - Great post! I took some piano lessons when I was young, and always wanted to ... [Read More]
- 7:52:32, Nov 28th 2016 - Mario Bruneau - Jonathan made a wise decision to learn piano tuning as it is a field ... [Read More]
- 6:01:39, Nov 22nd 2016 - Al-Hajji Frederick H Minshall - "Barn cats" are an absolutely HORRIBLE idea: Every ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Gladys C. Seem, 94, of Harmony, formerly of Lanesboro, died Dec. 7, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester, where she had been a patient since Nov. 29.
Gladys C. Lawstuen was born Aug. 3, 1908, in rural Lanesboro, graduated from Lanesboro High School in 1925 and, after attending normal training in Winona, taught in area grade schools. On June 16, 1931, she married Alfred Seem at the Highland Prairie church parsonage. She had lived in Harmony, later in rural Lanesboro and in Minneapolis before returning to Lanesboro. She was a bookkeeper at Lanesboro Co-op, and she and her husband owned and operated Knotty Pine Cabins. Mr. Seem died March 16, 1999. She entered the care center in Harmony in August 2002. She was a member of Elstad Lutheran Church where she taught Sunday school and was church treasurer and active in WELCA. Survivors include a daughter, Dorothy Ann Ettinger of Minnetonka, Minn.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. Two brothers and a sister preceded her in death. The funeral for Gladys C. Seem was Dec. 13, 2002 at Elstad Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro, with the Rev. Wade E. Davick officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Johnson-Riley Funeral Home in Lanesboro was in charge of arrangements.