"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:19:22, Oct 29th 2014 - Proud of Jessie Street Java - What a great event, and hats off to Jessie Street Java ... [Read More]
- 5:07:18, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Huh....Kaase's son was a jailer then a part time deputy. If Tom wins i ... [Read More]
- 4:45:54, Oct 29th 2014 - Huh!!! - Bashing Mr. Miner over a failed gas station / grocery business in the little ... [Read More]
- 4:08:48, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Miner is a decent guy, but he doesn't have what it takes to be Sheriff ... [Read More]
- 11:50:32, Oct 29th 2014 - lets get this straight... - well concerned voter with your logic of thinking I would ... [Read More]
- 12:23:06, Oct 28th 2014 - Concerned Voter - Iknowsemn, you forgot to mention Tom Kasse's time on the Kingsland ... [Read More]
- 6:57:44, Oct 28th 2014 - whatever - So doc.....name them! ... [Read More]
- 9:14:13, Oct 27th 2014 - At remember - Don't worry, I highly doubt people are going to be taking advice from M ... [Read More]
- 1:20:47, Oct 27th 2014 - doc - Now and then I need a good chuckle. 97% of scientists disagree with you and you ... [Read More]
- 2:11:06, Oct 26th 2014 - Becky Hoff - I would just like to clarify that the Harmony Community Garden project ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna Ann King, 87, of Spring Valley, a former business owner, died Dec. 11, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Edna Ann Linnemeyer was born June 26, 1915, in Wykoff and attended St. John's Parochial School. On Sept. 12, 1935, she married David King in Wykoff. They farmed and raised turkeys in the Wykoff, Plainview and Spring Valley areas. In 1946 they built and operated a neighborhood store, Hilltop Grocery, in Spring Valley. After selling the store in 1951 they owned and operated King's School Bus Service, and Mrs. King drove a van transporting students. Her husband died in 1999. She was an active member of First English Lutheran Church and held offices in its mission guild. Survivors include two daughters, Eloise "Lala" (Ron) Neis of Spring Valley and Shelva (Tom) Giordano of Stewartville; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Ida Bray of Austin and Louise (Victor) LeFevere of Spring Valley. Three brothers and six sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Edna Ann King was Dec. 13, 2002 at First English Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Robert Burmeister officiating. Burial was in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery in Wykoff. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.