"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 7th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna Ann King, 87, of Spring Valley, a former business owner, died Dec. 11, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Edna Ann Linnemeyer was born June 26, 1915, in Wykoff and attended St. John's Parochial School. On Sept. 12, 1935, she married David King in Wykoff. They farmed and raised turkeys in the Wykoff, Plainview and Spring Valley areas. In 1946 they built and operated a neighborhood store, Hilltop Grocery, in Spring Valley. After selling the store in 1951 they owned and operated King's School Bus Service, and Mrs. King drove a van transporting students. Her husband died in 1999. She was an active member of First English Lutheran Church and held offices in its mission guild. Survivors include two daughters, Eloise "Lala" (Ron) Neis of Spring Valley and Shelva (Tom) Giordano of Stewartville; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Ida Bray of Austin and Louise (Victor) LeFevere of Spring Valley. Three brothers and six sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Edna Ann King was Dec. 13, 2002 at First English Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Robert Burmeister officiating. Burial was in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery in Wykoff. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.