"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 10th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:41:33, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV 85, I'm still waiting for a reply! Don't tell me you decided to take ... [Read More]
- 8:27:28, Dec 10th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Greetings Mark, I agree with much of your analysis, but to me it's reall ... [Read More]
- 11:49:51, Dec 9th 2016 - Mark Kottman - Conservative or liberal, both sides agree that some changes are needed ... [Read More]
- 6:43:37, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Jen, you really feel that way? Why? You must feel he accomplished somethi ... [Read More]
- 6:32:12, Dec 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @Thomas, It is. I''ll reserve judjement and keep watching. ... [Read More]
- 3:54:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - 1. I support the facts. I don't support a party for party's sake. I su ... [Read More]
- 3:01:14, Dec 8th 2016 - Jen - He will be missed and I am grateful that we had him for eight years. And I'm ho ... [Read More]
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna Ann King, 87, of Spring Valley, a former business owner, died Dec. 11, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Edna Ann Linnemeyer was born June 26, 1915, in Wykoff and attended St. John's Parochial School. On Sept. 12, 1935, she married David King in Wykoff. They farmed and raised turkeys in the Wykoff, Plainview and Spring Valley areas. In 1946 they built and operated a neighborhood store, Hilltop Grocery, in Spring Valley. After selling the store in 1951 they owned and operated King's School Bus Service, and Mrs. King drove a van transporting students. Her husband died in 1999. She was an active member of First English Lutheran Church and held offices in its mission guild. Survivors include two daughters, Eloise "Lala" (Ron) Neis of Spring Valley and Shelva (Tom) Giordano of Stewartville; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Ida Bray of Austin and Louise (Victor) LeFevere of Spring Valley. Three brothers and six sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Edna Ann King was Dec. 13, 2002 at First English Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Robert Burmeister officiating. Burial was in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery in Wykoff. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.