"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:43:25, May 24th 2016 - Cervidae - In my husband's defense, he is the most unselfish person I know and anyon ... [Read More]
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
- 11:16:49, May 23rd 2016 - Paul - Well read does not mean only reading books that you find that are in-line wit ... [Read More]
- 9:55:22, May 21st 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - You have said it very well. I, too, believe most of America is ... [Read More]
- 10:47:20, May 18th 2016 - Paul - You ask a legitimate question and one we as a country need to address with ot ... [Read More]
- 12:57:18, May 18th 2016 - Combat Veteran (Derek) - @ Paul: I agree with 100% with what you said there, asking ... [Read More]
- 10:52:23, May 17th 2016 - Paul - Obviously the commandment to love one another is not so straight forward. You ... [Read More]
- 2:59:13, May 17th 2016 - Andy OConnor - @SV Resident...I think you nailed the crux of the situation in a coupl ... [Read More]
- 2:16:26, May 17th 2016 - Corrupt - Amazes me what Wykoff continues to do. Guess who just got hired by the Cit ... [Read More]
- 11:34:56, May 16th 2016 - Paul Little - Derek, Refugees should be vetted properly, the process should take as ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna Ann King, 87, of Spring Valley, a former business owner, died Dec. 11, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Edna Ann Linnemeyer was born June 26, 1915, in Wykoff and attended St. John's Parochial School. On Sept. 12, 1935, she married David King in Wykoff. They farmed and raised turkeys in the Wykoff, Plainview and Spring Valley areas. In 1946 they built and operated a neighborhood store, Hilltop Grocery, in Spring Valley. After selling the store in 1951 they owned and operated King's School Bus Service, and Mrs. King drove a van transporting students. Her husband died in 1999. She was an active member of First English Lutheran Church and held offices in its mission guild. Survivors include two daughters, Eloise "Lala" (Ron) Neis of Spring Valley and Shelva (Tom) Giordano of Stewartville; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Ida Bray of Austin and Louise (Victor) LeFevere of Spring Valley. Three brothers and six sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Edna Ann King was Dec. 13, 2002 at First English Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Robert Burmeister officiating. Burial was in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery in Wykoff. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.