"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:51:48, Mar 27th 2015 - Vikefan 1 - Thanks, Mr. Van Gorp, for speaking out. I'm 100% with you. ... [Read More]
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
- 12:15:11, Mar 25th 2015 - old farmer - Good job Gabrielle, just a couple extra thoughts. Animals deserve our w ... [Read More]
- 9:18:51, Mar 25th 2015 - luver of all thingss laft - Vikean1 dude don't blame them, take some ownership of wat ... [Read More]
- 11:34:43, Mar 24th 2015 - LOOKonTheBrightSide - Cheer up guys, you're all idiots regardless of political party ... [Read More]
- 11:27:21, Mar 24th 2015 - Jaded - Thanks for turning a teenager's journal project as a springboard for your ow ... [Read More]
- 8:41:18, Mar 24th 2015 - tootsie - I enjoyed your story about your great, great grandmothers Norwegian trunk. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Edna Ann King, 87, of Spring Valley, a former business owner, died Dec. 11, 2002 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Edna Ann Linnemeyer was born June 26, 1915, in Wykoff and attended St. John's Parochial School. On Sept. 12, 1935, she married David King in Wykoff. They farmed and raised turkeys in the Wykoff, Plainview and Spring Valley areas. In 1946 they built and operated a neighborhood store, Hilltop Grocery, in Spring Valley. After selling the store in 1951 they owned and operated King's School Bus Service, and Mrs. King drove a van transporting students. Her husband died in 1999. She was an active member of First English Lutheran Church and held offices in its mission guild. Survivors include two daughters, Eloise "Lala" (Ron) Neis of Spring Valley and Shelva (Tom) Giordano of Stewartville; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Ida Bray of Austin and Louise (Victor) LeFevere of Spring Valley. Three brothers and six sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Edna Ann King was Dec. 13, 2002 at First English Lutheran Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Robert Burmeister officiating. Burial was in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery in Wykoff. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.