"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 28th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:53:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Aspy - It's illegal for the council to give themselves a pay raise after the electi ... [Read More]
- 4:25:39, Oct 25th 2016 - FINALLY - @Hard Truth and @ Another Kingsland parent - AMEN - You hit the nail right ... [Read More]
- 11:11:01, Oct 25th 2016 - SV Grad - The real problem with Kingsland football is not the coach. Declining enr ... [Read More]
- 11:03:42, Oct 25th 2016 - Hard Truth - Kingsland Parent---what's the larger issue you speak of and how would d ... [Read More]
- 10:39:45, Oct 24th 2016 - Another Kingsland parent - I am very proud of the work and commitment of Mr. Stinson ... [Read More]
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Loren Archibald Jorris, 88, of Spring Valley, died Nov. 11, 2002 of complications from a hip infection.
He was born July 24, 1914 in Spring Valley, and grew up there. In 1932 he graduated from Spring Valley High School. Mr. Jorris ran the Jorris Family Funeral Home business in Spring Valley (currently the Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home) from 1954 until the early 1960s. He was focused on family and was helpful to friends and neighbors throughout his life. Survivors include his wife, Maureen, one son, Terry, of Huntington Beach, Calif.; two stepdaughters, Edna Howard Sickle of Huntington Beach, and Rita Howard of southern California; four grandchildren; and one great-grandson. A memorial service for Loren Archibald Jorris was Dec. 7, 2002 in Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery.