"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 13th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Roger James Hovey, 74, of Granger, died Dec. 9, 2002 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
He was born Aug. 24, 1928, in rural Lime Springs, to Eddie and Bertha (Ramaker) Hovey and served in the Army during the Korean War. Survivors include four daughters, Angela (David) Little of St. Paul, Julie Hovey of Preston, Connie Hovey of Madison Lake, Minn., and Joan Hovey (Matthew) McBride of Lake Crystal, Minn.; eight grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and a brother, Tom of Ely, Iowa. He was preceded in death by his wife, the former Theresa O'Connor, an infant son and two brothers. A memorial service for Roger James Hovey was Dec. 13, 2002 at Saetersdal Lutheran Church in rural Lime Springs, with the Rev. Linda Prestholt-Johnson officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Lime Springs was in charge of arrangements.