"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, November 30th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:58:14, Nov 30th 2015 - doc - I ordered a California burger for take out. It was a really tasty burger and it ... [Read More]
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
- 8:07:37, Nov 24th 2015 - Stan Gudmundson - I've never responded to any comments made about anything I've writt ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 20th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Armin G. Korthauer, 74, of Houston, died Dec. 15, 2002 at St. Anne Extended Care in Winona.
He was born March 20, 1928, in Verdi, Minn. At the age of eight, he and his family moved to Caledonia. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean Conflict. On Sept. 8, 1956, he married Donna Allen at Lewis Valley Lutheran Church in Holmen, Wis. Mr. Korthauer was a farmer and was also employed at CBS Homes in La Crescent, Minn., and in Gundersen Lutheran Hospital's maintenance department in La Crosse, Wis. He was a member of Cross of Christ Lutheran Church, where he had done maintenance work for the last 13 years. He enjoyed caring for his tree farm. Survivors include his wife; three sons, Richard (Margaret) of Mondovi, Wis., Dale (Carol Rae) of Hayfield, Gary (Karen) of Savage, Minn.; two daughters, Janet (Tom) Freudenstein of Shakopee, Minn., and Carol (Mark) Polodna of Winona; 12 grandchildren; one brother, Robert (June) of Rosemount, Minn.; four sisters, Dorothy (Orval) Sorum of Winona, Lora Ann (Art) Kroening of Baldwin, Wis., Mary (Matthew) Wadium of La Crosse, Wis., and Alice (Dewey) Mueller of Grand Island, Fla. One sister preceded him in death. The funeral for Armin G. Korthauer was Dec. 19, 2002 in Cross of Christ Lutheran Church in Houston, with the Rev. Lane Zaffke officiating. Military honors will be presented by the Arnet-Sheldon American Legion Post in Houston. There was a private family burial. Hoff Funeral Homes-Houston Chapel was in charge of arrangements.