"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, May 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:54:03, May 28th 2016 - what? - I'll be putting my child's name on my house! Problem solved! And I'll do it ... [Read More]
- 9:51:37, May 28th 2016 - wow - I see a guy in a girl's bathroom, well......it will not be good! ... [Read More]
- 3:25:48, May 27th 2016 - Laughing out loud - Grow up, you just proved yourself to be a moron. ... [Read More]
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
- 10:51:07, May 26th 2016 - grow up - People that are to afraid to put there name on something they post are not ... [Read More]
- 7:23:26, May 25th 2016 - ### - You want to tell your school putting a handicap sign up on steet that will bloc ... [Read More]
- 12:35:31, May 25th 2016 - Kit Kat Bar - I don't know... Everyone gets awards these days, but that, is ONE HUGE ... [Read More]
- 4:18:09, May 24th 2016 - Give me a break - This paper has officially turned into what every comedy movie think ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 20th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dale Cummings, 88, a longtime Fountain-area farmer, died Dec. 12, 2002 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived since Nov. 14.
Born June 12, 1914, in rural Fountain, he graduated from Preston High School in 1932, completed normal training in Preston in 1933, and from 1941 to 1945 served in the Army Air Force with duty in the South Pacific. On Jan. 18, 1943, he married Virginia Murphy in Rochester. She died June 7, 1991. Mr. Cummings lived in rural Fountain all his life until moving to Fountain three years ago and had farmed since 1946. He also worked for the ASC in Preston, was clerk of the Fountain Township Board for 17 years, served on the Carrolton Cemetery Board for more than 50 years and was a member of the Fountain American Legion. Survivors include two sons, Thomas (Nancy) of Edina, Minn., and Michael (Marie) of Winsted, Minn.; a daughter, Teresa (Bruce) Hoff of Stewartville; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister and three brothers. The funeral for Dale Cummings was Dec. 15, 2002 at St. Lawrence O'Toole Catholic Church in Fountain, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Carrolton Cemetery with military graveside rites by the Fountain American Legion. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.