"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 20th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dale Cummings, 88, a longtime Fountain-area farmer, died Dec. 12, 2002 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived since Nov. 14.
Born June 12, 1914, in rural Fountain, he graduated from Preston High School in 1932, completed normal training in Preston in 1933, and from 1941 to 1945 served in the Army Air Force with duty in the South Pacific. On Jan. 18, 1943, he married Virginia Murphy in Rochester. She died June 7, 1991. Mr. Cummings lived in rural Fountain all his life until moving to Fountain three years ago and had farmed since 1946. He also worked for the ASC in Preston, was clerk of the Fountain Township Board for 17 years, served on the Carrolton Cemetery Board for more than 50 years and was a member of the Fountain American Legion. Survivors include two sons, Thomas (Nancy) of Edina, Minn., and Michael (Marie) of Winsted, Minn.; a daughter, Teresa (Bruce) Hoff of Stewartville; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister and three brothers. The funeral for Dale Cummings was Dec. 15, 2002 at St. Lawrence O'Toole Catholic Church in Fountain, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Carrolton Cemetery with military graveside rites by the Fountain American Legion. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.