"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 6th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:30:33, May 5th 2015 - FountainFarmer - what? you can direct your questions towards Sgt. Christianson at the ... [Read More]
- 12:26:17, May 5th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @Vikefan- lets take your scenario a little further since you seem to ... [Read More]
- 4:31:29, May 5th 2015 - what? - What about electric scooters? There is a grade school kid in harmony riding on ... [Read More]
- 4:24:55, May 5th 2015 - what? - The mayor's in small towns don't wear suits...it's a part time job! They don' ... [Read More]
- 6:54:57, May 4th 2015 - LOLZ - So what's up with the hoodie? Was it casual Friday? ... [Read More]
- 7:42:01, May 4th 2015 - amazed - Many people have detractors who try to make them look foolish in the eyes of ... [Read More]
- 7:34:22, May 4th 2015 - Hawkeye63 - Chemical abuse is bad whatever the substance. The abuser risks the ruin of ... [Read More]
- 11:14:38, May 3rd 2015 - Noodle - If someone is getting high before or while at work, that is just as bad as ... [Read More]
- 7:32:51, May 1st 2015 - Livin' The Dream - Working with alcoholics is way worse than marijuana users in my opi ... [Read More]
- 6:28:53, May 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - Well Herb, if you think I am mistaken in my beliefs, tell us what happened ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 20th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dale Cummings, 88, a longtime Fountain-area farmer, died Dec. 12, 2002 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived since Nov. 14.
Born June 12, 1914, in rural Fountain, he graduated from Preston High School in 1932, completed normal training in Preston in 1933, and from 1941 to 1945 served in the Army Air Force with duty in the South Pacific. On Jan. 18, 1943, he married Virginia Murphy in Rochester. She died June 7, 1991. Mr. Cummings lived in rural Fountain all his life until moving to Fountain three years ago and had farmed since 1946. He also worked for the ASC in Preston, was clerk of the Fountain Township Board for 17 years, served on the Carrolton Cemetery Board for more than 50 years and was a member of the Fountain American Legion. Survivors include two sons, Thomas (Nancy) of Edina, Minn., and Michael (Marie) of Winsted, Minn.; a daughter, Teresa (Bruce) Hoff of Stewartville; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister and three brothers. The funeral for Dale Cummings was Dec. 15, 2002 at St. Lawrence O'Toole Catholic Church in Fountain, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Carrolton Cemetery with military graveside rites by the Fountain American Legion. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.