"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 8th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:19:20, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ Thomas, someone who tells me he is not affiliated with the Democrat Part ... [Read More]
- 10:48:13, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - Go trump: If you actually worked you would realize that medicare is deducted fr ... [Read More]
- 9:51:57, Dec 8th 2016 - truthsayer - Yes tweakers are low, what's worse? FC LAW "ENFORCEMENT" who are complici ... [Read More]
- 8:54:16, Dec 8th 2016 - AMEN - Amen to that ... [Read More]
- 8:53:38, Dec 8th 2016 - Go Trump - To Doc, I use oil, so take my money for that. It is better than getting ... [Read More]
- 8:43:47, Dec 8th 2016 - doc - As I have said before, the most vocal are also the most ignorant. I'll bet you h ... [Read More]
- 8:39:51, Dec 8th 2016 - two dogs - I just threw up my breakfast reading this. Yvonne, seriously? You need hel ... [Read More]
- 6:10:29, Dec 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - On behalf of all the hard working honest citizens of America, I offer the ... [Read More]
- 8:36:23, Dec 7th 2016 - doc - I'm going to give all of the senile citizens who voted him in the big HOO HA whe ... [Read More]
- 8:32:10, Dec 7th 2016 - doc - Now the republican congress is threatening to shut down the government if Drumpf ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 20th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dale Cummings, 88, a longtime Fountain-area farmer, died Dec. 12, 2002 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived since Nov. 14.
Born June 12, 1914, in rural Fountain, he graduated from Preston High School in 1932, completed normal training in Preston in 1933, and from 1941 to 1945 served in the Army Air Force with duty in the South Pacific. On Jan. 18, 1943, he married Virginia Murphy in Rochester. She died June 7, 1991. Mr. Cummings lived in rural Fountain all his life until moving to Fountain three years ago and had farmed since 1946. He also worked for the ASC in Preston, was clerk of the Fountain Township Board for 17 years, served on the Carrolton Cemetery Board for more than 50 years and was a member of the Fountain American Legion. Survivors include two sons, Thomas (Nancy) of Edina, Minn., and Michael (Marie) of Winsted, Minn.; a daughter, Teresa (Bruce) Hoff of Stewartville; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister and three brothers. The funeral for Dale Cummings was Dec. 15, 2002 at St. Lawrence O'Toole Catholic Church in Fountain, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Carrolton Cemetery with military graveside rites by the Fountain American Legion. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.