"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 20th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Dale Cummings, 88, a longtime Fountain-area farmer, died Dec. 12, 2002 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield, where he had lived since Nov. 14.
Born June 12, 1914, in rural Fountain, he graduated from Preston High School in 1932, completed normal training in Preston in 1933, and from 1941 to 1945 served in the Army Air Force with duty in the South Pacific. On Jan. 18, 1943, he married Virginia Murphy in Rochester. She died June 7, 1991. Mr. Cummings lived in rural Fountain all his life until moving to Fountain three years ago and had farmed since 1946. He also worked for the ASC in Preston, was clerk of the Fountain Township Board for 17 years, served on the Carrolton Cemetery Board for more than 50 years and was a member of the Fountain American Legion. Survivors include two sons, Thomas (Nancy) of Edina, Minn., and Michael (Marie) of Winsted, Minn.; a daughter, Teresa (Bruce) Hoff of Stewartville; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister and three brothers. The funeral for Dale Cummings was Dec. 15, 2002 at St. Lawrence O'Toole Catholic Church in Fountain, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Carrolton Cemetery with military graveside rites by the Fountain American Legion. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.