"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, July 5th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:36:12, Jul 1st 2015 - - And on the News they show the female pitcher hits the girl up at bat. Lol668 ... [Read More]
- 2:59:22, Jun 28th 2015 - livin' the dream - 1. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make reco ... [Read More]
- 9:36:21, Jun 27th 2015 - SV80 - To Jeez: Anybody who denies global warming or any other scientific propositio ... [Read More]
- 5:41:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Remark1976 - Maybe? Do you realize that when a building referendum for a new scho ... [Read More]
- 2:35:48, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 2:33:37, Jun 26th 2015 - Jeez - "Let's say that you receive a diagnosis from nine different oncologists (cance ... [Read More]
- 1:26:30, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ grehl- all you libs talk and talk about gun control and taking and ... [Read More]
- 12:37:22, Jun 26th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @ SV80- 1) the whole idea of a set in stone time table is silly, acc ... [Read More]
- 10:30:23, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Kim Wentworth: Let's take your points one by one. (1) "you set your foreig ... [Read More]
- 9:49:35, Jun 26th 2015 - SV80 - Well said, LOLZ ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 20th, 2002
Posted in Columnists
Posted in Columnists
Ah yes, the time is here again. Christmas. Just the mere mention of that word brings thoughts of warmth and love, doesnít it? For me, I see my family at the table for Christmas dinner, all ten of us now. However, there are many people outside my family and some within that I will not be able to see this Holiday Season, so I beg your indulgence as I give out my Christmas wishes.
First off, to my brother, who is a TV reporter in Eureka California. Merry Christmas, and remember to keep your hair all nice for the cameras. Secondly, To my grandfathers, Melvin and Robert. Merry Christmas. I wish I could have known you two during my lifetime, from what Iíve heard you sound like pretty amazing guys. To my Maternal Grandmother, Marie Groff. Grandma, this will be my first Christmas without you being here. Hope everything is okay, wherever you are. To My Paternal Grandmother Doris and her husband Dale. Merry Christmas. I hope you guys are doing all right. And Dale, keep off the roof. For Peteís sake, youíre ninety-two. To my Uncles and Aunts. Merry Christmas. I know I donít get to see you guys that much, being in Illinois and Wisconsin for the most part, but itís always a joy. To My Uncle Dave, Happy Hanukkah. Because youíre one of the few Jewish People I know. To the 2002 Boys State city of Mankato, Merry Christmas. And Happy Hanukkah to Hy. You guys are the coolest Iíve ever met. I consider myself a better person for being there with you. Katos rule. To the 2002-2003 Minnesota All State Choirs: Mixed, Menís and Womenís. Merry Christmas. Once again, another amazing group of people that showed me it was okay to be me. Thanks a lot. Also, to my neighbor, Herb Haroldson, who passed away in November. Herb, I wish I would have gotten to know you a little better, you were a good man. Merry Christmas Herb, wherever you may be. To all the teachers at Mabel-Canton High School, Merry Christmas. I hope youíre feeling the extra Christmas spirit when you correct my papers. But seriously, thanks for being teachers. The World needs more of you. And finally, to all of those in the world that donít even celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas. No, not the presents and pine tree Christmas, but just the feeling of it all. The warmth, the love, the aura of kindness that surround everything around this time of year. So, wherever you are, regardless of race, age, or most importantly creed, make sure to spread the joy and love of this cherished time of the year. Embrace one another, forget about your petty disagreements, and letís all just have a worldwide Christmas Spirit eruption. Letís have the Koreans sit down with a mug of egg nog with the Germans. Letís have Kenyans sing carols next to Canadians. Why canít we? We are, after all, the most sophisticated beings on this planet, or so we say, so letís start acting like it. "Keep Christmas in your Heart All Year Round" - Charles Dickens. Eric Leitzen is a student at Mabel-Canton High School. The Journal Writing Project focuses on the writing of area young people.