"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marcella M. Ellestad, age 96, of Mabel, Minn. died Dec. 20, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Marcella was born Oct. 17, 1906 in Preble Township, Fillmore County, Minn. to Edward and Marie (Haugen) Elefson. When she was two years old she moved into Mabel and was confirmed on May 2, 1920 in Riceford, Minn. She attended rural schools and also the Mabel High School. On September 1, 1926 she married James Ellestad in Mabel. The couple farmed in Preble Township until retiring to Mabel in 1972. James later died in January, 1987. She was a member of the Mabel First Lutheran Church in Mabel and WELCA. Marcella is survived by several cousins. She was preceded in death by her husband, her parents, and a sister. Funeral services were Dec. 23, 2002 at the Mabel First Lutheran Church in Mabel with the Reverend Stephen Fiksdal officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.