"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, February 8th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:15:57, Feb 8th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - . SV 85, all your insults are for nothing. My skin is too thick to worry a ... [Read More]
- 7:28:40, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out for ... [Read More]
- 5:30:25, Feb 8th 2016 - wow - About time u r thinking of a parking lot! and another thing. U CAN'T reserve par ... [Read More]
- 12:45:22, Feb 8th 2016 - - In response to the free lifejackets. That would mean you are offering a way out fo ... [Read More]
- 12:37:07, Feb 8th 2016 - understanding - It is easy for someone to say yes! Especially when they are on the re ... [Read More]
- 7:41:46, Feb 7th 2016 - DeerHunterguy - @Terbeest Calling someone who supports Obama like "a follower of Nazi ... [Read More]
- 6:58:19, Feb 7th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Another angry, rambling rant from a bitter right wingnut. Who is this guy? ... [Read More]
- 12:35:24, Feb 7th 2016 - Slate7 - Looks like the flood destroyed Rushford after all. What happened to the stro ... [Read More]
- 5:15:31, Feb 6th 2016 - @respect - "They don't go out of their way to disrespect until disrespect is thrown at ... [Read More]
- 3:28:56, Feb 6th 2016 - Farmer - WOW! Hope you have more life jackets because now that you have actually put y ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marcella M. Ellestad, age 96, of Mabel, Minn. died Dec. 20, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Marcella was born Oct. 17, 1906 in Preble Township, Fillmore County, Minn. to Edward and Marie (Haugen) Elefson. When she was two years old she moved into Mabel and was confirmed on May 2, 1920 in Riceford, Minn. She attended rural schools and also the Mabel High School. On September 1, 1926 she married James Ellestad in Mabel. The couple farmed in Preble Township until retiring to Mabel in 1972. James later died in January, 1987. She was a member of the Mabel First Lutheran Church in Mabel and WELCA. Marcella is survived by several cousins. She was preceded in death by her husband, her parents, and a sister. Funeral services were Dec. 23, 2002 at the Mabel First Lutheran Church in Mabel with the Reverend Stephen Fiksdal officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.