"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:47:41, Aug 1st 2015 - - That's a great idea. I will do that ... [Read More]
- 5:20:37, Aug 1st 2015 - Bob Burkholder - Guns are not the problem. It is the lack of moral fiber in our societ ... [Read More]
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marcella M. Ellestad, age 96, of Mabel, Minn. died Dec. 20, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Marcella was born Oct. 17, 1906 in Preble Township, Fillmore County, Minn. to Edward and Marie (Haugen) Elefson. When she was two years old she moved into Mabel and was confirmed on May 2, 1920 in Riceford, Minn. She attended rural schools and also the Mabel High School. On September 1, 1926 she married James Ellestad in Mabel. The couple farmed in Preble Township until retiring to Mabel in 1972. James later died in January, 1987. She was a member of the Mabel First Lutheran Church in Mabel and WELCA. Marcella is survived by several cousins. She was preceded in death by her husband, her parents, and a sister. Funeral services were Dec. 23, 2002 at the Mabel First Lutheran Church in Mabel with the Reverend Stephen Fiksdal officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.