"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, December 11th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Marcella M. Ellestad, age 96, of Mabel, Minn. died Dec. 20, 2002 at the Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Marcella was born Oct. 17, 1906 in Preble Township, Fillmore County, Minn. to Edward and Marie (Haugen) Elefson. When she was two years old she moved into Mabel and was confirmed on May 2, 1920 in Riceford, Minn. She attended rural schools and also the Mabel High School. On September 1, 1926 she married James Ellestad in Mabel. The couple farmed in Preble Township until retiring to Mabel in 1972. James later died in January, 1987. She was a member of the Mabel First Lutheran Church in Mabel and WELCA. Marcella is survived by several cousins. She was preceded in death by her husband, her parents, and a sister. Funeral services were Dec. 23, 2002 at the Mabel First Lutheran Church in Mabel with the Reverend Stephen Fiksdal officiating. Burial was in the Mabel Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.