"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:33:17, May 3rd 2016 - :) - :) ... [Read More]
- 9:15:44, May 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Put that into in your pipe and smoke it, Paul!! ... [Read More]
- 10:57:13, May 2nd 2016 - Happy! - The softball girls are soooo relieved! ... [Read More]
- 12:47:26, Apr 30th 2016 - LOLZ - Boy, I'm glad I don't live in SEMEN. ... [Read More]
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alice Amelia Davis Parry, 99, died Dec. 18, 2002 at the Good Samaritan Care Center in Preston, Minn.
The granddaughter of Welsh and Norwegian immigrants, Mrs. Parry was born on April 29, 1903, in Lime Springs, Iowa, to Hayes Benjamin Davis and Nellie Dahly Davis. After attending the Kahler School of Nursing in Rochester, Mrs. Parry worked for the Mayo brothers and later served as a private nurse for various families on the west coast. Alice Parry was a witty, generous, high-spirited, progressive person who squandered nothing and appreciated the simplest gifts of life, even when her life took harsh turns. Those of us who knew her are fortunate indeed. Mrs. Parry is survived by a brother, George Watts of Springfield, Missouri; four granddaughters: Nikki Dowd of Morrisville, North Carolina; Paula Mara and Wendy Savage of Grapevine, Texas; and Amy Root of Austin, Texas; ten great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband, Robert William Parry; their daughter, Gwen Anne Hoffman Root; a brother, Myron; as well as three sisters: Katherine, Verna Mae, and Jessie. A memorial service in Preston will be announced next spring.