"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alice Amelia Davis Parry, 99, died Dec. 18, 2002 at the Good Samaritan Care Center in Preston, Minn.
The granddaughter of Welsh and Norwegian immigrants, Mrs. Parry was born on April 29, 1903, in Lime Springs, Iowa, to Hayes Benjamin Davis and Nellie Dahly Davis. After attending the Kahler School of Nursing in Rochester, Mrs. Parry worked for the Mayo brothers and later served as a private nurse for various families on the west coast. Alice Parry was a witty, generous, high-spirited, progressive person who squandered nothing and appreciated the simplest gifts of life, even when her life took harsh turns. Those of us who knew her are fortunate indeed. Mrs. Parry is survived by a brother, George Watts of Springfield, Missouri; four granddaughters: Nikki Dowd of Morrisville, North Carolina; Paula Mara and Wendy Savage of Grapevine, Texas; and Amy Root of Austin, Texas; ten great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband, Robert William Parry; their daughter, Gwen Anne Hoffman Root; a brother, Myron; as well as three sisters: Katherine, Verna Mae, and Jessie. A memorial service in Preston will be announced next spring.