"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold Rudolph Erickson, 89, of Harmony, died from complications of Alzheimer's disease Dec. 24, 2002 at Harmony Health Care Center.
He was born Aug. 23, 1913, in Ramsey County, N.D. His family moved to a farm near Henrytown, Minn., and he attended Henrytown School and graduated from Canton Public School in 1931. He worked for Pederson Brothers for several years before joining the Army Air Forces in 1942. He served as a gunnery and hydraulic specialist and was an instructor at Barksdale Air Field in Shreveport, La. In 1943, he married Nellie Hahn in Preston. He was discharged in 1946 and returned to Harmony. He bought the Bergey Trucking business and was manager of the Harmony Shipping Association until retiring in 1981. Earlier this year the couple moved into assisted living in LeRoy and later in Harmony until he entered the Harmony Health Care Center. He was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church and Legion Post No. 81. He enjoyed hunting and traveling and was an ardent baseball and football fan and enjoyed trips to the Metrodome. Survivors include his wife; a son, Arnold; three brothers, Hanford (Kathryn) of Isalia, Calif., Melvin (Lucy) of Park Ridge, Ill., and Roy (Violet) of Harmony; a sister, Frances Burmeister of Spring Valley. He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister. The funeral for Arnold Rudolph Erickson was Dec. 27, 2002 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston, with military honors by the Gustav Berg American Legion Post No. 81 of Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.