"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:55:44, Aug 1st 2014 - Eagle - I agree with many of the points you have brought up. I do not consider myself ... [Read More]
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold Rudolph Erickson, 89, of Harmony, died from complications of Alzheimer's disease Dec. 24, 2002 at Harmony Health Care Center.
He was born Aug. 23, 1913, in Ramsey County, N.D. His family moved to a farm near Henrytown, Minn., and he attended Henrytown School and graduated from Canton Public School in 1931. He worked for Pederson Brothers for several years before joining the Army Air Forces in 1942. He served as a gunnery and hydraulic specialist and was an instructor at Barksdale Air Field in Shreveport, La. In 1943, he married Nellie Hahn in Preston. He was discharged in 1946 and returned to Harmony. He bought the Bergey Trucking business and was manager of the Harmony Shipping Association until retiring in 1981. Earlier this year the couple moved into assisted living in LeRoy and later in Harmony until he entered the Harmony Health Care Center. He was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church and Legion Post No. 81. He enjoyed hunting and traveling and was an ardent baseball and football fan and enjoyed trips to the Metrodome. Survivors include his wife; a son, Arnold; three brothers, Hanford (Kathryn) of Isalia, Calif., Melvin (Lucy) of Park Ridge, Ill., and Roy (Violet) of Harmony; a sister, Frances Burmeister of Spring Valley. He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister. The funeral for Arnold Rudolph Erickson was Dec. 27, 2002 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston, with military honors by the Gustav Berg American Legion Post No. 81 of Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.