"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold Rudolph Erickson, 89, of Harmony, died from complications of Alzheimer's disease Dec. 24, 2002 at Harmony Health Care Center.
He was born Aug. 23, 1913, in Ramsey County, N.D. His family moved to a farm near Henrytown, Minn., and he attended Henrytown School and graduated from Canton Public School in 1931. He worked for Pederson Brothers for several years before joining the Army Air Forces in 1942. He served as a gunnery and hydraulic specialist and was an instructor at Barksdale Air Field in Shreveport, La. In 1943, he married Nellie Hahn in Preston. He was discharged in 1946 and returned to Harmony. He bought the Bergey Trucking business and was manager of the Harmony Shipping Association until retiring in 1981. Earlier this year the couple moved into assisted living in LeRoy and later in Harmony until he entered the Harmony Health Care Center. He was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church and Legion Post No. 81. He enjoyed hunting and traveling and was an ardent baseball and football fan and enjoyed trips to the Metrodome. Survivors include his wife; a son, Arnold; three brothers, Hanford (Kathryn) of Isalia, Calif., Melvin (Lucy) of Park Ridge, Ill., and Roy (Violet) of Harmony; a sister, Frances Burmeister of Spring Valley. He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister. The funeral for Arnold Rudolph Erickson was Dec. 27, 2002 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston, with military honors by the Gustav Berg American Legion Post No. 81 of Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.