"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, March 8th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - email@example.com - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold Rudolph Erickson, 89, of Harmony, died from complications of Alzheimer's disease Dec. 24, 2002 at Harmony Health Care Center.
He was born Aug. 23, 1913, in Ramsey County, N.D. His family moved to a farm near Henrytown, Minn., and he attended Henrytown School and graduated from Canton Public School in 1931. He worked for Pederson Brothers for several years before joining the Army Air Forces in 1942. He served as a gunnery and hydraulic specialist and was an instructor at Barksdale Air Field in Shreveport, La. In 1943, he married Nellie Hahn in Preston. He was discharged in 1946 and returned to Harmony. He bought the Bergey Trucking business and was manager of the Harmony Shipping Association until retiring in 1981. Earlier this year the couple moved into assisted living in LeRoy and later in Harmony until he entered the Harmony Health Care Center. He was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church and Legion Post No. 81. He enjoyed hunting and traveling and was an ardent baseball and football fan and enjoyed trips to the Metrodome. Survivors include his wife; a son, Arnold; three brothers, Hanford (Kathryn) of Isalia, Calif., Melvin (Lucy) of Park Ridge, Ill., and Roy (Violet) of Harmony; a sister, Frances Burmeister of Spring Valley. He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister. The funeral for Arnold Rudolph Erickson was Dec. 27, 2002 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston, with military honors by the Gustav Berg American Legion Post No. 81 of Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.