"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 24th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Arnold Rudolph Erickson, 89, of Harmony, died from complications of Alzheimer's disease Dec. 24, 2002 at Harmony Health Care Center.
He was born Aug. 23, 1913, in Ramsey County, N.D. His family moved to a farm near Henrytown, Minn., and he attended Henrytown School and graduated from Canton Public School in 1931. He worked for Pederson Brothers for several years before joining the Army Air Forces in 1942. He served as a gunnery and hydraulic specialist and was an instructor at Barksdale Air Field in Shreveport, La. In 1943, he married Nellie Hahn in Preston. He was discharged in 1946 and returned to Harmony. He bought the Bergey Trucking business and was manager of the Harmony Shipping Association until retiring in 1981. Earlier this year the couple moved into assisted living in LeRoy and later in Harmony until he entered the Harmony Health Care Center. He was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church and Legion Post No. 81. He enjoyed hunting and traveling and was an ardent baseball and football fan and enjoyed trips to the Metrodome. Survivors include his wife; a son, Arnold; three brothers, Hanford (Kathryn) of Isalia, Calif., Melvin (Lucy) of Park Ridge, Ill., and Roy (Violet) of Harmony; a sister, Frances Burmeister of Spring Valley. He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister. The funeral for Arnold Rudolph Erickson was Dec. 27, 2002 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Crown Hill Cemetery in Preston, with military honors by the Gustav Berg American Legion Post No. 81 of Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.