"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 9th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce E. Redalen, 77, of rural Fountain, died December 25, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital following a short illness. She had been a patient there since Sunday.
Joyce E. Grindland was born Sept. 6, 1925, in rural Rushford. In 1943, she graduated from Chatfield High School. On Oct. 25, 1943, she married Elton Redalen in Minneapolis. Mr. Redalen was a Minnesota state representative and, later, commissioner of agriculture. Mrs. Redalen was a homemaker. She lived in rural Rushford, rural Preston, rural Chatfield and since 1946, in rural Fountain. She was an active member of Root Prairie Lutheran Church and a member of the Fountain American Legion Auxiliary. She enjoyed writing and wrote the history of the Redalen and Kinneberg families. Survivors include five sons, Craig (Susan) of Northfield, Minn., Steven (Peggi) of Neenah, Wis., and Gary (Beth), Donald (Penny) and Jeffrey (Michelle), all of Fountain; two daughters, Sharon (Donald) Asleson of Fountain and Jane (Joe) O'Koren of Chatfield; 16 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. Two brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. The funeral was held December 29, 2002 at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Fountain, with the Rev. Kieran Darcy officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.