"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 22nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:56:30, May 22nd 2015 - Shame on you - "A gun is an instrument of death. It is designed for one purpose, to k ... [Read More]
- 1:35:20, May 22nd 2015 - Michael - As a Navy veteran I salute Ron Scheevel for his service and sacrifice in Vi ... [Read More]
- 12:48:16, May 22nd 2015 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of points in response. the NRA has had a long history in gu ... [Read More]
- 11:57:35, May 22nd 2015 - RogerClegg - Re felon voting: Glad this bill failed. If you aren’t willing to fo ... [Read More]
- 12:15:00, May 20th 2015 - Shorty - Makes me feel pretty old when I read about people I knew. I would like to ... [Read More]
- 11:34:36, May 20th 2015 - SV80 - To Future: I can empathize with your regarding Hawkeye63. He exhibits all t ... [Read More]
- 12:49:06, May 19th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 My entire argument has been based on legal civil rights argument ... [Read More]
- 7:22:50, May 19th 2015 - hawkeye63 - There you have it fellow citizens, I sure hope America is paying attentio ... [Read More]
- 6:06:44, May 18th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Thank you for a great read. Like an addicting mini-series, I could not ... [Read More]
- 7:26:03, May 17th 2015 - future - @Hawkeye63 I'm going to address your post per sentence to make it clearer ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce E. Redalen, 77, of rural Fountain, died December 25, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital following a short illness. She had been a patient there since Sunday.
Joyce E. Grindland was born Sept. 6, 1925, in rural Rushford. In 1943, she graduated from Chatfield High School. On Oct. 25, 1943, she married Elton Redalen in Minneapolis. Mr. Redalen was a Minnesota state representative and, later, commissioner of agriculture. Mrs. Redalen was a homemaker. She lived in rural Rushford, rural Preston, rural Chatfield and since 1946, in rural Fountain. She was an active member of Root Prairie Lutheran Church and a member of the Fountain American Legion Auxiliary. She enjoyed writing and wrote the history of the Redalen and Kinneberg families. Survivors include five sons, Craig (Susan) of Northfield, Minn., Steven (Peggi) of Neenah, Wis., and Gary (Beth), Donald (Penny) and Jeffrey (Michelle), all of Fountain; two daughters, Sharon (Donald) Asleson of Fountain and Jane (Joe) O'Koren of Chatfield; 16 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. Two brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. The funeral was held December 29, 2002 at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Fountain, with the Rev. Kieran Darcy officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.