"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:21:36, Nov 30th 2015 - Andy Wolter - Hey ol' neighbor! Apparently the FCJ doesn't archive your columns; I ca ... [Read More]
- 4:58:14, Nov 30th 2015 - doc - I ordered a California burger for take out. It was a really tasty burger and it ... [Read More]
- 9:41:05, Nov 27th 2015 - WoW - As a long time reader of your paper I think it should stay how it is. It's a ch ... [Read More]
- 1:35:05, Nov 26th 2015 - consaredumb - The most vocal people are always the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 2:58:00, Nov 25th 2015 - James1952 - The word on the street is that the folks who own the land above the schoo ... [Read More]
- 10:17:32, Nov 25th 2015 - - Yes it does take money to operate schools and keep buildings open. If the high s ... [Read More]
- 9:09:47, Nov 25th 2015 - @Says - Bottom line... it takes money to operate & keep open school buildings. Yes, I ... [Read More]
- 7:57:56, Nov 25th 2015 - nature man - I think y'all are in denial. Atrazine in all your well, shallow aquifer ... [Read More]
- 10:20:12, Nov 24th 2015 - - It's about the money? What an ignorant comment. Is that what you teach your kid ... [Read More]
- 9:20:20, Nov 24th 2015 - reader - What an inspiring message! Thank you! ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce E. Redalen, 77, of rural Fountain, died December 25, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital following a short illness. She had been a patient there since Sunday.
Joyce E. Grindland was born Sept. 6, 1925, in rural Rushford. In 1943, she graduated from Chatfield High School. On Oct. 25, 1943, she married Elton Redalen in Minneapolis. Mr. Redalen was a Minnesota state representative and, later, commissioner of agriculture. Mrs. Redalen was a homemaker. She lived in rural Rushford, rural Preston, rural Chatfield and since 1946, in rural Fountain. She was an active member of Root Prairie Lutheran Church and a member of the Fountain American Legion Auxiliary. She enjoyed writing and wrote the history of the Redalen and Kinneberg families. Survivors include five sons, Craig (Susan) of Northfield, Minn., Steven (Peggi) of Neenah, Wis., and Gary (Beth), Donald (Penny) and Jeffrey (Michelle), all of Fountain; two daughters, Sharon (Donald) Asleson of Fountain and Jane (Joe) O'Koren of Chatfield; 16 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. Two brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. The funeral was held December 29, 2002 at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Fountain, with the Rev. Kieran Darcy officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.