"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, June 1st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:00:37, May 31st 2016 - lolz - As usual, the most vocal are also the most ignorant. ... [Read More]
- 9:21:18, May 30th 2016 - Laughing out loud - To me this sounds like something the school and the grimsrud's co ... [Read More]
- 8:45:45, May 29th 2016 - Paul - Kim, Why do my arguments fall short? Why is the EPA so evil and more important ... [Read More]
- 4:59:09, May 29th 2016 - Redhorse51 - Not the Journals responsibility, but I sure would like to know the whole ... [Read More]
- 9:54:03, May 28th 2016 - what? - I'll be putting my child's name on my house! Problem solved! And I'll do it ... [Read More]
- 9:51:37, May 28th 2016 - wow - I see a guy in a girl's bathroom, well......it will not be good! ... [Read More]
- 3:25:48, May 27th 2016 - Laughing out loud - Grow up, you just proved yourself to be a moron. ... [Read More]
- 3:16:33, May 26th 2016 - SV resident - Wish this report included more of the specifics about what the public h ... [Read More]
- 1:46:00, May 26th 2016 - Livin' The Dream - grow up....Man, your parents were twisted to give you that name. ... [Read More]
- 12:26:28, May 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Paul- I have read through the above commentary and can not find muc ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce E. Redalen, 77, of rural Fountain, died December 25, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital following a short illness. She had been a patient there since Sunday.
Joyce E. Grindland was born Sept. 6, 1925, in rural Rushford. In 1943, she graduated from Chatfield High School. On Oct. 25, 1943, she married Elton Redalen in Minneapolis. Mr. Redalen was a Minnesota state representative and, later, commissioner of agriculture. Mrs. Redalen was a homemaker. She lived in rural Rushford, rural Preston, rural Chatfield and since 1946, in rural Fountain. She was an active member of Root Prairie Lutheran Church and a member of the Fountain American Legion Auxiliary. She enjoyed writing and wrote the history of the Redalen and Kinneberg families. Survivors include five sons, Craig (Susan) of Northfield, Minn., Steven (Peggi) of Neenah, Wis., and Gary (Beth), Donald (Penny) and Jeffrey (Michelle), all of Fountain; two daughters, Sharon (Donald) Asleson of Fountain and Jane (Joe) O'Koren of Chatfield; 16 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. Two brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. The funeral was held December 29, 2002 at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Fountain, with the Rev. Kieran Darcy officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.