"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, September 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Joyce E. Redalen, 77, of rural Fountain, died December 25, 2002 at Rochester Methodist Hospital following a short illness. She had been a patient there since Sunday.
Joyce E. Grindland was born Sept. 6, 1925, in rural Rushford. In 1943, she graduated from Chatfield High School. On Oct. 25, 1943, she married Elton Redalen in Minneapolis. Mr. Redalen was a Minnesota state representative and, later, commissioner of agriculture. Mrs. Redalen was a homemaker. She lived in rural Rushford, rural Preston, rural Chatfield and since 1946, in rural Fountain. She was an active member of Root Prairie Lutheran Church and a member of the Fountain American Legion Auxiliary. She enjoyed writing and wrote the history of the Redalen and Kinneberg families. Survivors include five sons, Craig (Susan) of Northfield, Minn., Steven (Peggi) of Neenah, Wis., and Gary (Beth), Donald (Penny) and Jeffrey (Michelle), all of Fountain; two daughters, Sharon (Donald) Asleson of Fountain and Jane (Joe) O'Koren of Chatfield; 16 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. Two brothers and two sisters preceded her in death. The funeral was held December 29, 2002 at Root Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Fountain, with the Rev. Kieran Darcy officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.