"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, March 8th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Columnists
Posted in Columnists
God bless thy year!
Thy coming in, thy going out, Thy rest, thy traveling about, The rough, the smooth, The bright, the dear, God bless thy new year. Here we are almost in a new year. I know we are all thinking and talking war, but a little prayer will help us all. I'm sure we are all making new year resolutions, but seems like we never keep them. Hope everyone can stay healthy and enjoy the new year, 2003. ---- Chuckle A small boy is sent to bed by his father. Five minutes later: "Da-aad," "What?" "I'm thirsty. Can you bring me a drink of water?" "No, you had your chance, lights out." Five minutes later: "Da-aad," "What now," "I'm thirsty again." "I'll have to spank you!" Five minutes later: "Da-aad." "What?" "When you come in to spank me, can you bring me a drink of water?" ---- Ole says that Lena's mother is so fat that she needs "Group" insurance. ---- When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep. ---- A grocery shopping cart uses no gasoline, but it's more expensive to operate than a car. ---- Living within your means is likely to make people wonder if there is anything else peculiar about you. ---- The youth of today are getting so smart, they could almost be our age. ---- When God made the oyster, he guaranteed him economic and social security. He built the oyster a house, a shell to protect him. When hungry, the oyster simply opens his shell and food ushers in. But when God made the eagle, he said, "The blue sky is the limit. Build your own house." So the eagle built on the highest mountain where storms threaten every day. For food he flies through miles of rain and snow and wind. The eagle, "NOT" the oyster is the emblem of America. ---- What's your pet superstition? Will Rogers always knocked on wood before every performance. Winston Churchill scheduled his affairs so he wouldn't have to travel on Friday. During World War II in Hollywood, Lucille Ball came out of a dentist office with some temporary fillings in her teeth and was so astonished to hear them pick up some strange radio broadcasts. They did so repeatedly in one particular area. The language in them seemed oriental, so she reported them. The authorities traced a clandestine Japanese radio station. ---- ~Until next week, Annabelle Super BBQ Spare Ribs 3 lbs pork ribs your favorite BBQ sauce Boil ribs for 2 hours, when done, lay on cookie sheets. Spread BBQ sauce to side of ribs and bake for 30 minutes at 350º, turn ribs, apply sauce to other side of ribs and bake for another 20 minutes. Ribs may be placed in crock pot to eat later.