"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Columnists
Posted in Columnists
God bless thy year!
Thy coming in, thy going out, Thy rest, thy traveling about, The rough, the smooth, The bright, the dear, God bless thy new year. Here we are almost in a new year. I know we are all thinking and talking war, but a little prayer will help us all. I'm sure we are all making new year resolutions, but seems like we never keep them. Hope everyone can stay healthy and enjoy the new year, 2003. ---- Chuckle A small boy is sent to bed by his father. Five minutes later: "Da-aad," "What?" "I'm thirsty. Can you bring me a drink of water?" "No, you had your chance, lights out." Five minutes later: "Da-aad," "What now," "I'm thirsty again." "I'll have to spank you!" Five minutes later: "Da-aad." "What?" "When you come in to spank me, can you bring me a drink of water?" ---- Ole says that Lena's mother is so fat that she needs "Group" insurance. ---- When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep. ---- A grocery shopping cart uses no gasoline, but it's more expensive to operate than a car. ---- Living within your means is likely to make people wonder if there is anything else peculiar about you. ---- The youth of today are getting so smart, they could almost be our age. ---- When God made the oyster, he guaranteed him economic and social security. He built the oyster a house, a shell to protect him. When hungry, the oyster simply opens his shell and food ushers in. But when God made the eagle, he said, "The blue sky is the limit. Build your own house." So the eagle built on the highest mountain where storms threaten every day. For food he flies through miles of rain and snow and wind. The eagle, "NOT" the oyster is the emblem of America. ---- What's your pet superstition? Will Rogers always knocked on wood before every performance. Winston Churchill scheduled his affairs so he wouldn't have to travel on Friday. During World War II in Hollywood, Lucille Ball came out of a dentist office with some temporary fillings in her teeth and was so astonished to hear them pick up some strange radio broadcasts. They did so repeatedly in one particular area. The language in them seemed oriental, so she reported them. The authorities traced a clandestine Japanese radio station. ---- ~Until next week, Annabelle Super BBQ Spare Ribs 3 lbs pork ribs your favorite BBQ sauce Boil ribs for 2 hours, when done, lay on cookie sheets. Spread BBQ sauce to side of ribs and bake for 30 minutes at 350º, turn ribs, apply sauce to other side of ribs and bake for another 20 minutes. Ribs may be placed in crock pot to eat later.