"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, September 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:39:01, Sep 3rd 2015 - hum - Yuck! ... [Read More]
- 1:53:16, Sep 3rd 2015 - LOLZ - I think I hear a four barrel. No, its's just a conservative blockhead still in ... [Read More]
- 1:36:21, Sep 3rd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ sosad- "bullheaded" and "jerk" I almost had my feelings hurt there fo ... [Read More]
- 10:30:02, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - While I'm at it, no, you are not right to assume anything about me. Althoug ... [Read More]
- 10:21:27, Sep 2nd 2015 - So Sad - Here is another word for you, 'bullheaded'. It's an adjective, and means 'o ... [Read More]
- 3:58:17, Sep 2nd 2015 - LOLZ - I rest my case. ... [Read More]
- 1:29:04, Sep 2nd 2015 - Kim Wenworth - @ lolz, so sad- judging from your posts you must be Obama believers, or ... [Read More]
- 8:50:42, Sep 1st 2015 - So Sad - More verbal diarrhea from one of Fillmore County's top ten most ignorant peop ... [Read More]
- 9:55:06, Aug 31st 2015 - LOLZ - Ever notice how the most ignorant people are always the most vocal? ... [Read More]
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
Fri, Dec 27th, 2002
Posted in Columnists
Posted in Columnists
God bless thy year!
Thy coming in, thy going out, Thy rest, thy traveling about, The rough, the smooth, The bright, the dear, God bless thy new year. Here we are almost in a new year. I know we are all thinking and talking war, but a little prayer will help us all. I'm sure we are all making new year resolutions, but seems like we never keep them. Hope everyone can stay healthy and enjoy the new year, 2003. ---- Chuckle A small boy is sent to bed by his father. Five minutes later: "Da-aad," "What?" "I'm thirsty. Can you bring me a drink of water?" "No, you had your chance, lights out." Five minutes later: "Da-aad," "What now," "I'm thirsty again." "I'll have to spank you!" Five minutes later: "Da-aad." "What?" "When you come in to spank me, can you bring me a drink of water?" ---- Ole says that Lena's mother is so fat that she needs "Group" insurance. ---- When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep. ---- A grocery shopping cart uses no gasoline, but it's more expensive to operate than a car. ---- Living within your means is likely to make people wonder if there is anything else peculiar about you. ---- The youth of today are getting so smart, they could almost be our age. ---- When God made the oyster, he guaranteed him economic and social security. He built the oyster a house, a shell to protect him. When hungry, the oyster simply opens his shell and food ushers in. But when God made the eagle, he said, "The blue sky is the limit. Build your own house." So the eagle built on the highest mountain where storms threaten every day. For food he flies through miles of rain and snow and wind. The eagle, "NOT" the oyster is the emblem of America. ---- What's your pet superstition? Will Rogers always knocked on wood before every performance. Winston Churchill scheduled his affairs so he wouldn't have to travel on Friday. During World War II in Hollywood, Lucille Ball came out of a dentist office with some temporary fillings in her teeth and was so astonished to hear them pick up some strange radio broadcasts. They did so repeatedly in one particular area. The language in them seemed oriental, so she reported them. The authorities traced a clandestine Japanese radio station. ---- ~Until next week, Annabelle Super BBQ Spare Ribs 3 lbs pork ribs your favorite BBQ sauce Boil ribs for 2 hours, when done, lay on cookie sheets. Spread BBQ sauce to side of ribs and bake for 30 minutes at 350º, turn ribs, apply sauce to other side of ribs and bake for another 20 minutes. Ribs may be placed in crock pot to eat later.