"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 26th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:30:00, Aug 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of things:1) your first paragraph I agree with...the whole ... [Read More]
- 1:16:22, Aug 22nd 2016 - Susan@batterysolutions.com - Although alkaline batteries are allowed in the trash in ... [Read More]
- 6:31:22, Aug 21st 2016 - Boo hoo hoo! - People who can't string two words together that make sense should at l ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, Aug 20th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - Why does God need to be brought in to understand this conce ... [Read More]
- 12:40:36, Aug 16th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @WTH There's no need for me to mention facts that have already been cle ... [Read More]
- 4:24:11, Aug 15th 2016 - future - I'm more pointing out the logical connection an always intervening, all know ... [Read More]
- 10:05:38, Aug 14th 2016 - WTH - @ vikefan name one fact you brought to this table. As usual you are a day late ... [Read More]
- 6:10:02, Aug 14th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - So you're accusing me of robbing the due credit from God? I ... [Read More]
- 10:35:00, Aug 12th 2016 - VikeFan 1 - Ha, ha, ha. That's a good one, "left luvr." Whoever heard of using "fa ... [Read More]
- 10:00:45, Aug 12th 2016 - dump the chump - Funny how the ones who talk the most know the least. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Carrie Minnie Bandel, 76, of Rochester, formerly of rural Chatfield, died Dec. 30, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital following a short illness. She had been hospitalized the past month.
Carrie Minnie Bernard was born Sept. 4, 1926, in rural Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1944. On Sept. 17, 1949, she married Chad Bandel in Chatfield. She lived in rural Chatfield until moving to Rochester three months ago. Bandel was a bookkeeper and did payroll for the Kahler Hotel and Sadler Properties in Rochester. She was a volunteer for Elder Network, had been a member of Cummingsville Presbyterian Church and later Pioneer Presbyterian Church in Chatfield where she was an elder, deacon and secretary of the Session. She enjoyed gardening and watching wildlife. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Bernard (Cindy) and Scott (Marie), both of Chatfield; two daughters, Doris Bandel (Zulu Bell) of St. Paul and Jean (Lynn) Bestrom of Rochester; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; three brothers, Bert (Marjorie) Bernard, Mike Bernard and Frank (Arla) Bernard, all of Chatfield; and two sisters, Elaine Tucker of Kasson and Mary Bernard of Stewartville. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Carrie Minnie Bandel was Jan 3, 2003 in Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Glen Bandel officiating. Burial will be in Orion Center Cemetery in rural Chatfield.