"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Carrie Minnie Bandel, 76, of Rochester, formerly of rural Chatfield, died Dec. 30, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital following a short illness. She had been hospitalized the past month.
Carrie Minnie Bernard was born Sept. 4, 1926, in rural Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1944. On Sept. 17, 1949, she married Chad Bandel in Chatfield. She lived in rural Chatfield until moving to Rochester three months ago. Bandel was a bookkeeper and did payroll for the Kahler Hotel and Sadler Properties in Rochester. She was a volunteer for Elder Network, had been a member of Cummingsville Presbyterian Church and later Pioneer Presbyterian Church in Chatfield where she was an elder, deacon and secretary of the Session. She enjoyed gardening and watching wildlife. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Bernard (Cindy) and Scott (Marie), both of Chatfield; two daughters, Doris Bandel (Zulu Bell) of St. Paul and Jean (Lynn) Bestrom of Rochester; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; three brothers, Bert (Marjorie) Bernard, Mike Bernard and Frank (Arla) Bernard, all of Chatfield; and two sisters, Elaine Tucker of Kasson and Mary Bernard of Stewartville. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Carrie Minnie Bandel was Jan 3, 2003 in Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Glen Bandel officiating. Burial will be in Orion Center Cemetery in rural Chatfield.