"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, December 4th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - firstname.lastname@example.org - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Carrie Minnie Bandel, 76, of Rochester, formerly of rural Chatfield, died Dec. 30, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital following a short illness. She had been hospitalized the past month.
Carrie Minnie Bernard was born Sept. 4, 1926, in rural Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1944. On Sept. 17, 1949, she married Chad Bandel in Chatfield. She lived in rural Chatfield until moving to Rochester three months ago. Bandel was a bookkeeper and did payroll for the Kahler Hotel and Sadler Properties in Rochester. She was a volunteer for Elder Network, had been a member of Cummingsville Presbyterian Church and later Pioneer Presbyterian Church in Chatfield where she was an elder, deacon and secretary of the Session. She enjoyed gardening and watching wildlife. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Bernard (Cindy) and Scott (Marie), both of Chatfield; two daughters, Doris Bandel (Zulu Bell) of St. Paul and Jean (Lynn) Bestrom of Rochester; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; three brothers, Bert (Marjorie) Bernard, Mike Bernard and Frank (Arla) Bernard, all of Chatfield; and two sisters, Elaine Tucker of Kasson and Mary Bernard of Stewartville. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Carrie Minnie Bandel was Jan 3, 2003 in Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Glen Bandel officiating. Burial will be in Orion Center Cemetery in rural Chatfield.