"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Carrie Minnie Bandel, 76, of Rochester, formerly of rural Chatfield, died Dec. 30, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital following a short illness. She had been hospitalized the past month.
Carrie Minnie Bernard was born Sept. 4, 1926, in rural Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1944. On Sept. 17, 1949, she married Chad Bandel in Chatfield. She lived in rural Chatfield until moving to Rochester three months ago. Bandel was a bookkeeper and did payroll for the Kahler Hotel and Sadler Properties in Rochester. She was a volunteer for Elder Network, had been a member of Cummingsville Presbyterian Church and later Pioneer Presbyterian Church in Chatfield where she was an elder, deacon and secretary of the Session. She enjoyed gardening and watching wildlife. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Bernard (Cindy) and Scott (Marie), both of Chatfield; two daughters, Doris Bandel (Zulu Bell) of St. Paul and Jean (Lynn) Bestrom of Rochester; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; three brothers, Bert (Marjorie) Bernard, Mike Bernard and Frank (Arla) Bernard, all of Chatfield; and two sisters, Elaine Tucker of Kasson and Mary Bernard of Stewartville. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Carrie Minnie Bandel was Jan 3, 2003 in Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Glen Bandel officiating. Burial will be in Orion Center Cemetery in rural Chatfield.