"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 29th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:21:09, Jul 29th 2016 - Hum - Boy, has harmony changed! It's not like that now! ... [Read More]
- 1:55:04, Jul 27th 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr "Where are you getting this stuff?" Where I told you before----" ... [Read More]
- 12:58:29, Jul 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- meant to type Carol Mosby in my last post. ... [Read More]
- 10:35:15, Jul 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @lolz- Mr. Trump never uttered the "all" when talking about any ethn ... [Read More]
- 8:39:21, Jul 27th 2016 - Middle Man - Trump leaves a lot to be desired, hopefully if elected he surrounds hims ... [Read More]
- 7:13:53, Jul 27th 2016 - Aunt Barb - I am so proud of you, Michael, working to make this world a more peaceful ... [Read More]
- 12:36:54, Jul 27th 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Where are you getting this stuff? One server for classified info a ... [Read More]
- 6:36:59, Jul 26th 2016 - What the ???? - @sv85 Where is this fact vs opinion stuff come from? Left luvr is mak ... [Read More]
- 2:34:51, Jul 26th 2016 - LOLZ - I think someone needs a dictionary or possibly his ears cleaned. 1) Misogyn ... [Read More]
- 1:46:43, Jul 26th 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr "I don't like Hillary because she is incompetent, that is a fact, ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Carrie Minnie Bandel, 76, of Rochester, formerly of rural Chatfield, died Dec. 30, 2002 at Saint Marys Hospital following a short illness. She had been hospitalized the past month.
Carrie Minnie Bernard was born Sept. 4, 1926, in rural Chatfield and graduated from Chatfield High School in 1944. On Sept. 17, 1949, she married Chad Bandel in Chatfield. She lived in rural Chatfield until moving to Rochester three months ago. Bandel was a bookkeeper and did payroll for the Kahler Hotel and Sadler Properties in Rochester. She was a volunteer for Elder Network, had been a member of Cummingsville Presbyterian Church and later Pioneer Presbyterian Church in Chatfield where she was an elder, deacon and secretary of the Session. She enjoyed gardening and watching wildlife. Survivors include her husband; two sons, Bernard (Cindy) and Scott (Marie), both of Chatfield; two daughters, Doris Bandel (Zulu Bell) of St. Paul and Jean (Lynn) Bestrom of Rochester; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; three brothers, Bert (Marjorie) Bernard, Mike Bernard and Frank (Arla) Bernard, all of Chatfield; and two sisters, Elaine Tucker of Kasson and Mary Bernard of Stewartville. Two brothers and three sisters preceded her in death. The funeral for Carrie Minnie Bandel was Jan 3, 2003 in Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield, with the Rev. Glen Bandel officiating. Burial will be in Orion Center Cemetery in rural Chatfield.