"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 21st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
- 1:41:12, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - This is spot on. We need new leadership! Leadership that will work for the ... [Read More]
- 9:01:06, Oct 19th 2016 - email@example.com - I just want to thank these wonderful people for coming t ... [Read More]
- 4:22:41, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - I don't see how this view differs from Davids' opponent, Thomas Trehus. ... [Read More]
- 12:59:43, Oct 17th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - Thank you for running Vance. You'll be an excellent commissioner! ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lorna Foltz, 81, of Hesper, a retired hairdresser, died Dec. 29, 2002 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Lorna McMillen was born Oct. 4, 1921, in Hesper, to Jesse and Esther (Paulson) McMillen. She attended grade school in Hesper and after graduating from the Mabel High School in 1939, attended Pitzes Beauty College in Waterloo, Iowa. On June 1, 1941, she married Lloyd Foltz at Hesper. They lived in Hesper, where she was a hairdresser for 50 years before retiring in 1999. Mrs. Foltz was a member and longtime choir director at Hesper Lutheran Church and a member of the American Legion and VFW auxiliaries and the Toot and Whistle Club. She enjoyed traveling, music, and playing the piano and organ. Survivors include her husband; a son, Lyle (Judy) of Apple Valley, Minn.; two daughters, Lynn (Dan) Gundlach of La Crosse, Wis., and Luann (Stanley) Vongroven of Canton; 10 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. A son preceded her in death. The funeral for Lorna Foltz was Jan 2, 2003 at Hesper Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Stephen Fiksdal officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.