"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 18th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:27:12, Apr 17th 2015 - science guy - To Kim Wentworth: Here's an idea Mr. Smart Alec. Take each of the sc ... [Read More]
- 5:57:59, Apr 17th 2015 - lol - And you all heard the mayor of this town didn't file to run again. He said he f ... [Read More]
- 5:47:24, Apr 17th 2015 - sosad - Well said regrets! Agree with you. If you didn't grow up here they treat u as ... [Read More]
- 7:53:38, Apr 15th 2015 - Listen up puppyboy - Whoever came up with that, that's good! If republicans were as d ... [Read More]
- 6:54:31, Apr 15th 2015 - Livin' the dream - Is it time for a group hug yet? ... [Read More]
- 4:05:24, Apr 15th 2015 - couldn't care less - Dogboy, you don't have the maturity of a man yet, so it's dogboy ... [Read More]
- 3:08:47, Apr 15th 2015 - Jeez - @Dogman Weird, you posted once that the president bailed out GM and Ford, ... [Read More]
- 1:10:08, Apr 15th 2015 - Dogman - You call yourself a left winger? Ha,Ha. You do a heck of a good job making ... [Read More]
- 4:41:42, Apr 14th 2015 - It's true - Vikefan please change your name if you keep commenting, it insults all us ... [Read More]
- 4:20:41, Apr 14th 2015 - oh boy - To Dogman and Vikefan: The garbage you two post is hilarious. Just listing ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lorna Foltz, 81, of Hesper, a retired hairdresser, died Dec. 29, 2002 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Lorna McMillen was born Oct. 4, 1921, in Hesper, to Jesse and Esther (Paulson) McMillen. She attended grade school in Hesper and after graduating from the Mabel High School in 1939, attended Pitzes Beauty College in Waterloo, Iowa. On June 1, 1941, she married Lloyd Foltz at Hesper. They lived in Hesper, where she was a hairdresser for 50 years before retiring in 1999. Mrs. Foltz was a member and longtime choir director at Hesper Lutheran Church and a member of the American Legion and VFW auxiliaries and the Toot and Whistle Club. She enjoyed traveling, music, and playing the piano and organ. Survivors include her husband; a son, Lyle (Judy) of Apple Valley, Minn.; two daughters, Lynn (Dan) Gundlach of La Crosse, Wis., and Luann (Stanley) Vongroven of Canton; 10 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. A son preceded her in death. The funeral for Lorna Foltz was Jan 2, 2003 at Hesper Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Stephen Fiksdal officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.