"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:19:22, Oct 29th 2014 - Proud of Jessie Street Java - What a great event, and hats off to Jessie Street Java ... [Read More]
- 5:07:18, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Huh....Kaase's son was a jailer then a part time deputy. If Tom wins i ... [Read More]
- 4:45:54, Oct 29th 2014 - Huh!!! - Bashing Mr. Miner over a failed gas station / grocery business in the little ... [Read More]
- 4:08:48, Oct 29th 2014 - Wykoff Voter - Miner is a decent guy, but he doesn't have what it takes to be Sheriff ... [Read More]
- 11:50:32, Oct 29th 2014 - lets get this straight... - well concerned voter with your logic of thinking I would ... [Read More]
- 12:23:06, Oct 28th 2014 - Concerned Voter - Iknowsemn, you forgot to mention Tom Kasse's time on the Kingsland ... [Read More]
- 6:57:44, Oct 28th 2014 - whatever - So doc.....name them! ... [Read More]
- 9:14:13, Oct 27th 2014 - At remember - Don't worry, I highly doubt people are going to be taking advice from M ... [Read More]
- 1:20:47, Oct 27th 2014 - doc - Now and then I need a good chuckle. 97% of scientists disagree with you and you ... [Read More]
- 2:11:06, Oct 26th 2014 - Becky Hoff - I would just like to clarify that the Harmony Community Garden project ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lorna Foltz, 81, of Hesper, a retired hairdresser, died Dec. 29, 2002 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Lorna McMillen was born Oct. 4, 1921, in Hesper, to Jesse and Esther (Paulson) McMillen. She attended grade school in Hesper and after graduating from the Mabel High School in 1939, attended Pitzes Beauty College in Waterloo, Iowa. On June 1, 1941, she married Lloyd Foltz at Hesper. They lived in Hesper, where she was a hairdresser for 50 years before retiring in 1999. Mrs. Foltz was a member and longtime choir director at Hesper Lutheran Church and a member of the American Legion and VFW auxiliaries and the Toot and Whistle Club. She enjoyed traveling, music, and playing the piano and organ. Survivors include her husband; a son, Lyle (Judy) of Apple Valley, Minn.; two daughters, Lynn (Dan) Gundlach of La Crosse, Wis., and Luann (Stanley) Vongroven of Canton; 10 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. A son preceded her in death. The funeral for Lorna Foltz was Jan 2, 2003 at Hesper Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Stephen Fiksdal officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.