"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lorna Foltz, 81, of Hesper, a retired hairdresser, died Dec. 29, 2002 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Lorna McMillen was born Oct. 4, 1921, in Hesper, to Jesse and Esther (Paulson) McMillen. She attended grade school in Hesper and after graduating from the Mabel High School in 1939, attended Pitzes Beauty College in Waterloo, Iowa. On June 1, 1941, she married Lloyd Foltz at Hesper. They lived in Hesper, where she was a hairdresser for 50 years before retiring in 1999. Mrs. Foltz was a member and longtime choir director at Hesper Lutheran Church and a member of the American Legion and VFW auxiliaries and the Toot and Whistle Club. She enjoyed traveling, music, and playing the piano and organ. Survivors include her husband; a son, Lyle (Judy) of Apple Valley, Minn.; two daughters, Lynn (Dan) Gundlach of La Crosse, Wis., and Luann (Stanley) Vongroven of Canton; 10 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. A son preceded her in death. The funeral for Lorna Foltz was Jan 2, 2003 at Hesper Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Stephen Fiksdal officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.