"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, November 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:03:53, Nov 24th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Doc, Why do people like you have to turn stories that don't have ... [Read More]
- 7:13:36, Nov 21st 2014 - FountainFarmer - doc, why do people like you think that every story needs a sense ... [Read More]
- 3:50:54, Nov 21st 2014 - Frank Wright - Does the author of this article realize it is not April 1st? ... [Read More]
- 3:03:32, Nov 21st 2014 - Roberto - That IS a stereotype on Libertarians from extreme right-wingers BTW. See ... [Read More]
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 4:47:53, Nov 7th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Hey winters coming, why don't you take your concerns to that of the ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 3rd, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Lorna Foltz, 81, of Hesper, a retired hairdresser, died Dec. 29, 2002 at Green Lea Manor Nursing Home in Mabel.
Lorna McMillen was born Oct. 4, 1921, in Hesper, to Jesse and Esther (Paulson) McMillen. She attended grade school in Hesper and after graduating from the Mabel High School in 1939, attended Pitzes Beauty College in Waterloo, Iowa. On June 1, 1941, she married Lloyd Foltz at Hesper. They lived in Hesper, where she was a hairdresser for 50 years before retiring in 1999. Mrs. Foltz was a member and longtime choir director at Hesper Lutheran Church and a member of the American Legion and VFW auxiliaries and the Toot and Whistle Club. She enjoyed traveling, music, and playing the piano and organ. Survivors include her husband; a son, Lyle (Judy) of Apple Valley, Minn.; two daughters, Lynn (Dan) Gundlach of La Crosse, Wis., and Luann (Stanley) Vongroven of Canton; 10 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. A son preceded her in death. The funeral for Lorna Foltz was Jan 2, 2003 at Hesper Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Stephen Fiksdal officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.