"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Do you think that chain stores in small communities undermine the sales of locally owned retailers?
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Stella Miranda Stensgard, 88, of Harmony, a homemaker, died Jan. 12, 2003 at Regional Health Services in Cresco, Iowa.
Stella Hoff was born May 1, 1914, in rural Fillmore County and to Lars and Olena Hoff. She attended rural school in Newburg and Spring Grove High School. On June 6, 1936, she married Elmer Stensgard. They farmed in the Yucatan-Peterson area, and Mrs. Stensgard also was a nursing assistant for many years. She moved to Harmony following her husband's death in 1985. She was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony and enjoyed sewing and restoring old dolls. Survivors include two sons, Ellsworth (Ruth Ann) of Houston and Wayne (Marian) of Harmony; two daughters, Tish (Phil) Burkholder of Harmony and Norine (Mike) Ask of Lanesboro; 12 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Milton Hoff of Hartford, Conn. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a great-granddaughter, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Stella Miranda Stensgard was Jan 15, 2003 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Henrytown Lutheran Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.