"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 29th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:59:03, Aug 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - A couple of things if I may. The first paragraph states that if ... [Read More]
- 10:35:10, Aug 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @future- not sure what polls you refer to, some polls actually show ... [Read More]
- 9:22:11, Aug 25th 2016 - future - "Both, party officials and "former" establishment members, republicans, were ... [Read More]
- 1:30:00, Aug 25th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - a couple of things:1) your first paragraph I agree with...the whole ... [Read More]
- 1:16:22, Aug 22nd 2016 - Susan@batterysolutions.com - Although alkaline batteries are allowed in the trash in ... [Read More]
- 6:31:22, Aug 21st 2016 - Boo hoo hoo! - People who can't string two words together that make sense should at l ... [Read More]
- 8:53:13, Aug 20th 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - Why does God need to be brought in to understand this conce ... [Read More]
- 12:40:36, Aug 16th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @WTH There's no need for me to mention facts that have already been cle ... [Read More]
- 4:24:11, Aug 15th 2016 - future - I'm more pointing out the logical connection an always intervening, all know ... [Read More]
- 10:05:38, Aug 14th 2016 - WTH - @ vikefan name one fact you brought to this table. As usual you are a day late ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Stella Miranda Stensgard, 88, of Harmony, a homemaker, died Jan. 12, 2003 at Regional Health Services in Cresco, Iowa.
Stella Hoff was born May 1, 1914, in rural Fillmore County and to Lars and Olena Hoff. She attended rural school in Newburg and Spring Grove High School. On June 6, 1936, she married Elmer Stensgard. They farmed in the Yucatan-Peterson area, and Mrs. Stensgard also was a nursing assistant for many years. She moved to Harmony following her husband's death in 1985. She was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony and enjoyed sewing and restoring old dolls. Survivors include two sons, Ellsworth (Ruth Ann) of Houston and Wayne (Marian) of Harmony; two daughters, Tish (Phil) Burkholder of Harmony and Norine (Mike) Ask of Lanesboro; 12 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Milton Hoff of Hartford, Conn. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a great-granddaughter, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Stella Miranda Stensgard was Jan 15, 2003 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Henrytown Lutheran Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.