"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, December 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:37:14, Dec 26th 2014 - FountainFarmer - hey Not Happy, are you the same person complaining about the Fillmor ... [Read More]
- 6:48:54, Dec 24th 2014 - not happy - I think I might make a page showing all these cars parked illegal. Would ... [Read More]
- 4:37:42, Dec 22nd 2014 - Let it Go - http://www.r-pschools.com/sites/rushfordpeterson.new.rschooltoday.com/fil ... [Read More]
- 6:23:44, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Redhorse51 that would be GREAT! ... [Read More]
- 6:22:06, Dec 22nd 2014 - not happy - Maybe I should follow them home and block there driveways! So they can't ... [Read More]
- 11:00:16, Dec 21st 2014 - Harmony Rocks - Not Happy- You tell them Cindy!! ... [Read More]
- 10:14:19, Dec 21st 2014 - JEngdahlJ - The ACA grace period law could have adverse implications for the healthc ... [Read More]
- 8:39:57, Dec 21st 2014 - REDHORSE51 - Maybe the school should just be moved to Preston. ... [Read More]
- 2:56:27, Dec 21st 2014 - not happy - There needs to be police in harmony when they have school activities. Its ... [Read More]
- 2:48:34, Dec 21st 2014 - lol - Fillmore central what a bunch of bullies ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Stella Miranda Stensgard, 88, of Harmony, a homemaker, died Jan. 12, 2003 at Regional Health Services in Cresco, Iowa.
Stella Hoff was born May 1, 1914, in rural Fillmore County and to Lars and Olena Hoff. She attended rural school in Newburg and Spring Grove High School. On June 6, 1936, she married Elmer Stensgard. They farmed in the Yucatan-Peterson area, and Mrs. Stensgard also was a nursing assistant for many years. She moved to Harmony following her husband's death in 1985. She was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony and enjoyed sewing and restoring old dolls. Survivors include two sons, Ellsworth (Ruth Ann) of Houston and Wayne (Marian) of Harmony; two daughters, Tish (Phil) Burkholder of Harmony and Norine (Mike) Ask of Lanesboro; 12 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Milton Hoff of Hartford, Conn. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a great-granddaughter, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Stella Miranda Stensgard was Jan 15, 2003 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Henrytown Lutheran Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.