"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Stella Miranda Stensgard, 88, of Harmony, a homemaker, died Jan. 12, 2003 at Regional Health Services in Cresco, Iowa.
Stella Hoff was born May 1, 1914, in rural Fillmore County and to Lars and Olena Hoff. She attended rural school in Newburg and Spring Grove High School. On June 6, 1936, she married Elmer Stensgard. They farmed in the Yucatan-Peterson area, and Mrs. Stensgard also was a nursing assistant for many years. She moved to Harmony following her husband's death in 1985. She was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony and enjoyed sewing and restoring old dolls. Survivors include two sons, Ellsworth (Ruth Ann) of Houston and Wayne (Marian) of Harmony; two daughters, Tish (Phil) Burkholder of Harmony and Norine (Mike) Ask of Lanesboro; 12 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Milton Hoff of Hartford, Conn. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a great-granddaughter, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Stella Miranda Stensgard was Jan 15, 2003 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Henrytown Lutheran Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.