"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
- 6:41:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - gotoutofthere - If the residents would treat the new people with respect maybe they wo ... [Read More]
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
- 12:25:29, Mar 1st 2015 - hum - How about something yo do for the youth! These kids have nothing to do in the s ... [Read More]
- 12:16:31, Mar 1st 2015 - Be honest - This is happening more and more in small towns. Attorney's are telling t ... [Read More]
- 10:52:21, Mar 1st 2015 - doc - Amen! BIG ISSUE ... [Read More]
- 10:13:47, Mar 1st 2015 - hawkeye63 - As usual, Yvonne wants to treat the symptoms rather than address the caus ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Stella Miranda Stensgard, 88, of Harmony, a homemaker, died Jan. 12, 2003 at Regional Health Services in Cresco, Iowa.
Stella Hoff was born May 1, 1914, in rural Fillmore County and to Lars and Olena Hoff. She attended rural school in Newburg and Spring Grove High School. On June 6, 1936, she married Elmer Stensgard. They farmed in the Yucatan-Peterson area, and Mrs. Stensgard also was a nursing assistant for many years. She moved to Harmony following her husband's death in 1985. She was a member of Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony and enjoyed sewing and restoring old dolls. Survivors include two sons, Ellsworth (Ruth Ann) of Houston and Wayne (Marian) of Harmony; two daughters, Tish (Phil) Burkholder of Harmony and Norine (Mike) Ask of Lanesboro; 12 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Milton Hoff of Hartford, Conn. She was preceded in death by a daughter, a great-granddaughter, three brothers and two sisters. The funeral for Stella Miranda Stensgard was Jan 15, 2003 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Henrytown Lutheran Cemetery. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.