"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, December 9th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melvin R. Riddle, 79, of Spring Valley, a retired meat cutter, died Jan. 15, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Melvin was born May 28, 1923, in Wykoff, the son of Alex and Lilly (Lex) Riddle. He attended Wykoff public schools and served in the Army infantry in the European theater during World War II. On July 27, 1958, he married Elizabeth Blair in Miami, where they lived and he was a meat cutter. His wife died April 18, 1985. Mr. Riddle retired in 1988 and moved to Spring Valley in 1993. Survivors include a daughter, Doloris Schultz of Jasper, Ala.; two grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; five sisters, Alice (Fernando) Winslow of Fountain, Edith Christopherson and June (Wayne) Anderson, both of Wykoff, Delores Calhoun of Spring Valley and Harriet (Wiley) Vrieze of Rochester; and two brothers, Raymond of Methuen, Mass., and Merl of Cokato, Minn. A daughter and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Melvin R. Riddle was Jan. 18, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Dennis Timmerman officiating. Burial was in Woodlawn South Cemetery in Miami.