"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:23:52, Mar 27th 2015 - Jimbo79 - Sure, small towns have overlapping news. It seems odd that one should foll ... [Read More]
- 5:18:28, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, To expand on my previous post:,Let me ask you a que ... [Read More]
- 4:44:20, Mar 27th 2015 - Thanks! - I have read your articles for quite awhile now, always amazed that you seem ... [Read More]
- 4:26:44, Mar 27th 2015 - FountainFarmer - johnqpublic, So what if the Bluff Valley Reader had an article ... [Read More]
- 3:09:10, Mar 27th 2015 - johnqpublic - This looks familiar...where else have I read this? Just looks so famil ... [Read More]
- 10:51:48, Mar 27th 2015 - Vikefan 1 - Thanks, Mr. Van Gorp, for speaking out. I'm 100% with you. ... [Read More]
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melvin R. Riddle, 79, of Spring Valley, a retired meat cutter, died Jan. 15, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Melvin was born May 28, 1923, in Wykoff, the son of Alex and Lilly (Lex) Riddle. He attended Wykoff public schools and served in the Army infantry in the European theater during World War II. On July 27, 1958, he married Elizabeth Blair in Miami, where they lived and he was a meat cutter. His wife died April 18, 1985. Mr. Riddle retired in 1988 and moved to Spring Valley in 1993. Survivors include a daughter, Doloris Schultz of Jasper, Ala.; two grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; five sisters, Alice (Fernando) Winslow of Fountain, Edith Christopherson and June (Wayne) Anderson, both of Wykoff, Delores Calhoun of Spring Valley and Harriet (Wiley) Vrieze of Rochester; and two brothers, Raymond of Methuen, Mass., and Merl of Cokato, Minn. A daughter and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Melvin R. Riddle was Jan. 18, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Dennis Timmerman officiating. Burial was in Woodlawn South Cemetery in Miami.