"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 1st, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:09:57, Sep 30th 2016 - email@example.com - Ella and family, Sorry for your loss of Roger! You ... [Read More]
- 5:26:29, Sep 27th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @ Kim Wentworth, ^the last post was from me. I just wanted to be c ... [Read More]
- 3:44:00, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @Thomas E. H.- the planet's temp changes, goes thru cycles, a tweak u ... [Read More]
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melvin R. Riddle, 79, of Spring Valley, a retired meat cutter, died Jan. 15, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Melvin was born May 28, 1923, in Wykoff, the son of Alex and Lilly (Lex) Riddle. He attended Wykoff public schools and served in the Army infantry in the European theater during World War II. On July 27, 1958, he married Elizabeth Blair in Miami, where they lived and he was a meat cutter. His wife died April 18, 1985. Mr. Riddle retired in 1988 and moved to Spring Valley in 1993. Survivors include a daughter, Doloris Schultz of Jasper, Ala.; two grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; five sisters, Alice (Fernando) Winslow of Fountain, Edith Christopherson and June (Wayne) Anderson, both of Wykoff, Delores Calhoun of Spring Valley and Harriet (Wiley) Vrieze of Rochester; and two brothers, Raymond of Methuen, Mass., and Merl of Cokato, Minn. A daughter and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Melvin R. Riddle was Jan. 18, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Dennis Timmerman officiating. Burial was in Woodlawn South Cemetery in Miami.