"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, April 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melvin R. Riddle, 79, of Spring Valley, a retired meat cutter, died Jan. 15, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Melvin was born May 28, 1923, in Wykoff, the son of Alex and Lilly (Lex) Riddle. He attended Wykoff public schools and served in the Army infantry in the European theater during World War II. On July 27, 1958, he married Elizabeth Blair in Miami, where they lived and he was a meat cutter. His wife died April 18, 1985. Mr. Riddle retired in 1988 and moved to Spring Valley in 1993. Survivors include a daughter, Doloris Schultz of Jasper, Ala.; two grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; five sisters, Alice (Fernando) Winslow of Fountain, Edith Christopherson and June (Wayne) Anderson, both of Wykoff, Delores Calhoun of Spring Valley and Harriet (Wiley) Vrieze of Rochester; and two brothers, Raymond of Methuen, Mass., and Merl of Cokato, Minn. A daughter and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Melvin R. Riddle was Jan. 18, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Dennis Timmerman officiating. Burial was in Woodlawn South Cemetery in Miami.