"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, November 28th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:03:53, Nov 24th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Doc, Why do people like you have to turn stories that don't have ... [Read More]
- 7:13:36, Nov 21st 2014 - FountainFarmer - doc, why do people like you think that every story needs a sense ... [Read More]
- 3:50:54, Nov 21st 2014 - Frank Wright - Does the author of this article realize it is not April 1st? ... [Read More]
- 3:03:32, Nov 21st 2014 - Roberto - That IS a stereotype on Libertarians from extreme right-wingers BTW. See ... [Read More]
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 4:47:53, Nov 7th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Hey winters coming, why don't you take your concerns to that of the ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Melvin R. Riddle, 79, of Spring Valley, a retired meat cutter, died Jan. 15, 2003 at Spring Valley Care Center.
Melvin was born May 28, 1923, in Wykoff, the son of Alex and Lilly (Lex) Riddle. He attended Wykoff public schools and served in the Army infantry in the European theater during World War II. On July 27, 1958, he married Elizabeth Blair in Miami, where they lived and he was a meat cutter. His wife died April 18, 1985. Mr. Riddle retired in 1988 and moved to Spring Valley in 1993. Survivors include a daughter, Doloris Schultz of Jasper, Ala.; two grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; five sisters, Alice (Fernando) Winslow of Fountain, Edith Christopherson and June (Wayne) Anderson, both of Wykoff, Delores Calhoun of Spring Valley and Harriet (Wiley) Vrieze of Rochester; and two brothers, Raymond of Methuen, Mass., and Merl of Cokato, Minn. A daughter and a brother preceded him in death. The funeral for Melvin R. Riddle was Jan. 18, 2003 at Thauwald Funeral Home in Spring Valley, with the Rev. Dennis Timmerman officiating. Burial was in Woodlawn South Cemetery in Miami.