"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:56:16, Mar 3rd 2015 - Bear - Why does the Journal even print this garbage? I would like to know the drugs t ... [Read More]
- 4:37:50, Mar 3rd 2015 - next - Now let's talk about the idiots who push there snow into the street. Even a 5th ... [Read More]
- 7:24:02, Mar 2nd 2015 - disappointed - I could work from home. But internet is not secure enough ... [Read More]
- 3:43:36, Mar 2nd 2015 - agreed - The cable and internet here is absolutely ridiculous. Harmony residents pay ... [Read More]
- 2:30:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - Be honest - Wood- That is true, but most people won't even spend that. Hopefully, th ... [Read More]
- 10:14:18, Mar 2nd 2015 - Wood - Be Honest, you can ask the Minnesota Information Policy Analysis Division (IPA ... [Read More]
- 6:41:46, Mar 2nd 2015 - gotoutofthere - If the residents would treat the new people with respect maybe they wo ... [Read More]
- 12:48:54, Mar 1st 2015 - Pursuing truth? - By pursuing truth, are you referring to the IRS scandal or the Hold ... [Read More]
- 12:25:29, Mar 1st 2015 - hum - How about something yo do for the youth! These kids have nothing to do in the s ... [Read More]
- 12:16:31, Mar 1st 2015 - Be honest - This is happening more and more in small towns. Attorney's are telling t ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Darlene Fae Hahn, 81, of rural Preston, a farm homemaker, died Jan. 11, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare.
Darlene Fae Scheevel was born Aug. 15, 1921, in York Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Robert and Laura (Ruesink) Scheevel. She attended a country school and then worked on the Hahn family farm. On Nov. 3, 1973, she married Roger Hahn at Root River Church of the Brethren. They farmed on the family farm. Mrs. Hahn was a member of the Preston United Methodist Church and enjoyed reading, bird-watching and baking. Survivors include two sisters, Anna Mae (George) Abers of Zimmerman, Minn., and Arlys (David) McElroy of Brooklyn Center, Minn.; and a brother, Loyal (Donna) Scheevel of Salem, Ore. She was preceded in death by her husband and two brothers. The funeral for Darlene Fae Hahn was Jan. 16, 2003 at the Preston United Methodist Church, with the Revs. Marilyn Loken and Frances Townsend co-officiating. Burial was in Prairie Queen Cemetery in rural Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.