"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Darlene Fae Hahn, 81, of rural Preston, a farm homemaker, died Jan. 11, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare.
Darlene Fae Scheevel was born Aug. 15, 1921, in York Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Robert and Laura (Ruesink) Scheevel. She attended a country school and then worked on the Hahn family farm. On Nov. 3, 1973, she married Roger Hahn at Root River Church of the Brethren. They farmed on the family farm. Mrs. Hahn was a member of the Preston United Methodist Church and enjoyed reading, bird-watching and baking. Survivors include two sisters, Anna Mae (George) Abers of Zimmerman, Minn., and Arlys (David) McElroy of Brooklyn Center, Minn.; and a brother, Loyal (Donna) Scheevel of Salem, Ore. She was preceded in death by her husband and two brothers. The funeral for Darlene Fae Hahn was Jan. 16, 2003 at the Preston United Methodist Church, with the Revs. Marilyn Loken and Frances Townsend co-officiating. Burial was in Prairie Queen Cemetery in rural Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.