"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, February 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:18:10, Feb 5th 2016 - future - @says So your recommendation is that all those who disagree with the dir ... [Read More]
- 12:01:52, Feb 5th 2016 - Okayyyy - What happened to your cousin? This is odd to say the least. ... [Read More]
- 10:38:47, Feb 5th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth Oh, horrors! Hawkeye's right wing twin has emerged from his c ... [Read More]
- 10:26:09, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, Your response is puzzling to me. In your latest posts, you have j ... [Read More]
- 11:18:59, Feb 4th 2016 - - As a school "supporter", I propose you put your money where your mouth is. Are you ... [Read More]
- 12:52:27, Feb 4th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- I believe Hawkeye63 has been to the point in his responses to ... [Read More]
- 11:03:59, Feb 4th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 You have several obnoxious flaws, Hawkeye, that make you an undes ... [Read More]
- 4:34:24, Feb 3rd 2016 - whocarez - Forget political correctness, im a Norwegian in Filmore county. I hope we ... [Read More]
- 11:57:40, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, how is my status as a commentary writer germane to the topics of ... [Read More]
- 7:00:13, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Pastor Grandal, your comments are perfectly appropriate for a minister. Ho ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 17th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Darlene Fae Hahn, 81, of rural Preston, a farm homemaker, died Jan. 11, 2003 at Harmony Healthcare.
Darlene Fae Scheevel was born Aug. 15, 1921, in York Township, Fillmore County, the daughter of Robert and Laura (Ruesink) Scheevel. She attended a country school and then worked on the Hahn family farm. On Nov. 3, 1973, she married Roger Hahn at Root River Church of the Brethren. They farmed on the family farm. Mrs. Hahn was a member of the Preston United Methodist Church and enjoyed reading, bird-watching and baking. Survivors include two sisters, Anna Mae (George) Abers of Zimmerman, Minn., and Arlys (David) McElroy of Brooklyn Center, Minn.; and a brother, Loyal (Donna) Scheevel of Salem, Ore. She was preceded in death by her husband and two brothers. The funeral for Darlene Fae Hahn was Jan. 16, 2003 at the Preston United Methodist Church, with the Revs. Marilyn Loken and Frances Townsend co-officiating. Burial was in Prairie Queen Cemetery in rural Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.