"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, May 18th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
- 2:22:20, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, how do you come up with $1.1 billion that trout fishing bri ... [Read More]
- 9:13:07, Apr 30th 2013 - jurban - i will be the first to say that when there is a emergency mnwarn will be hel ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James S. "Jim" Pollema, 96, of Rochester, formerly of Houston, died January 18, 2003 at Whitewater Healthcare Center in St. Charles.
He was born Oct. 2, 1906, in Houston, grew up there and farmed in the Houston area. From April 1941 to September 1949 he served in the Army with overseas duty in France, Africa, Holland and Germany. On June 7, 1955, he married Mechthilda Schoenmeyer in Germany. They lived in Houston and Rochester. Mr. Pollema was a member of Looney Valley Lutheran Church and was involved with moving wild turkeys to southeastern Minnesota from Missouri. He enjoyed music and wildlife. Survivors include nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his wife, two brothers and two sisters. The funeral was held Jan. 22, 2003 at Looney Valley Lutheran Church in rural Houston, with the Rev. Kris Fahey officiating. Burial was in Silver Creek Cemetery in rural Houston. Hoff Funeral Homes-Houston Chapel was in charge of arrangements.