"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, May 24th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 24th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Helen Harriet Douglas, 91, of Spring Valley, a homemaker, died January 19, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Helen H. Bateman was born July 3, 1911, in Frankford Township, Mower County to Howard and Gertrude (Loucks) Bateman. On Sept. 3, 1929, she married Harold Douglas at her parents' home in Frankford Township. The couple farmed in the area. She was active in Sunshine Club, was a project leader for the Frankford 4-H Club and a charter member of Frankford Grange. Mrs. Douglas was a member of Frankford Cemetery Association, Frankford Cemetery Floral Club, BI Club, Racine Social Club, Frankford Project Group, Golden Girls, Faith United Methodist Church and its Ruth Circle, Hamilton Birthday Club and Methodist Singles Club. She enjoyed wood carving, playing cards and games, dancing, traveling, the outdoors and yard work. Survivors include a daughter, Shirley (Lester) Hyland of Spring Valley; a son, Howard "Butch" (Judy) of Spring Valley; 10 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; two great-great-granddaughters; a sister, Arlene Firschweike of La Crosse, Wis.; and a brother, Lyle Bateman of Stewartville. She was preceded in death by her husband, a daughter, a sister and a brother. The funeral was held Jan. 22, 2003 at the Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial will be in Frankford Cemetery at a later date. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.