"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:44:26, May 21st 2013 - airmaxs52274 - Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your a ... [Read More]
- 5:56:33, May 18th 2013 - modgudur - I guess the child is anti-gun control since Obama went to all that trouble ... [Read More]
- 9:27:41, May 16th 2013 - caal girl - Nice outfit on you. I loved some of the dresses but am holding my breath ... [Read More]
- 2:03:34, May 14th 2013 - - Thanks for sharing the trip with us! ... [Read More]
- 4:12:01, May 9th 2013 - Amanda Ziebell - Wow! Thanks to the Fillmore County Journal for this kind story. For a ... [Read More]
- 11:47:30, May 7th 2013 - EW - ramble.....ramble.....ramble..... ... [Read More]
- 10:25:25, May 7th 2013 - Thunder6 - Great article! I love to see the Youth of Fillmore County receiveing acco ... [Read More]
- 6:52:10, May 6th 2013 - Jason Sethre, Publisher of Fillmore County Journal & Olmsted County Journal - Maryh, ... [Read More]
- 7:29:56, May 5th 2013 - maryh - Where are OCJ's available for pickup...other than at the new office? ... [Read More]
- 2:41:47, May 3rd 2013 - Remark1976 - Mrs. Buckbee, I just looked up Senate File 796 and in it there are said p ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Clarice L. Highum, 81, died January 24, 2003 at the Winona Community Memorial Hospital in Winona, MN.
Clarice Lucille Hanson was born February 21, 1921 in Bratsburg, MN to Oscar and Gena (Dale) Hanson. On February 22, 1941 she married Robert Highum in Peterson, MN. Clarice was a life long homemaker who enjoyed cooking and entertaining family and friends. She was a member of Rushford Lutheran Church where she had served on the church council and was a past president of the Ladies Aid. Clarice was also a member of the Rushford Federated Women’s Club. Clarice is lovingly remembered for her vast interests including playing golf, playing Bridge, gardening flowers and vegetables, traveling, bird watching and being a host family to foreign visitors. Survivors include her husband, Robert; four children, Darrel (Ellen) Highum of Rushford, Joan (Joseph) Francois of LaCrescent, MN, James (Katherine) Highum of Evansville, MN and Karen Highum of Arlington, WA; 8 grandchildren, 8 great grandchildren; two sisters, Betty Rasmussen of Winona, MN and Olive (Don) Leland of Alexandria, MN; and one brother, Eugene (Bernice) Hanson of Peterson, MN. She was preceded in death by her parents, son, John, brother, Gary O. Hanson and sister, Irene Hanson. Funeral services were held January 27, 2003 at Rushford Lutheran Church with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Burial was in the Rushford Lutheran Cemetery. Hoff Funeral Homes – Rushford Chapel were in charge of arrangements.