"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
- 11:15:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Let's hear them - I would like to know what Kim and mike suggest we do to address t ... [Read More]
- 9:49:05, Oct 21st 2014 - Tom Kaase-Fillmore County Commissioner, 1st District - I appreciate and recognize how ... [Read More]
- 9:33:44, Oct 21st 2014 - Hi - The Newell school district has 108 kids 9-12 and 361 kids pre-k through 12. No ... [Read More]
- 8:51:06, Oct 21st 2014 - apples/oranges - How can you use the dollar figure from your remodel at Newell as a g ... [Read More]
- 8:39:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - So if the referrendum fails then what are your plans? Are we going to try to ... [Read More]
- 8:27:06, Oct 21st 2014 - rippedoffinNewell - Newell, SD school district residents spent 2.8 million on a parti ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary C. Hosting, 75, lifelong resident of Canton, Minnesota died suddenly January 23, 2003 in Lanesboro.
Mary was born October 7, 1927 in Canton to Vane, Sr. and Anne (Carmody) Snyder. She graduated from the Canton High School in 1945 and the College of St. Teresa in Winona, Minnesota in 1949. On October 8, 1949 she married Cletus R. Hosting in Canton. They farmed and resided in Canton their entire married lives. Mary worked as a substitute elementary teacher for the Mabel-Canton Schools and volunteered at the Harmony Nursing Home. She was the keeper of the records for the Canton High School. She was a member of the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton and the Altar Society. She enjoyed sewing, quilting, flowers and gardening. Mary is survived by her husband Cletus of Canton; three daughters JoAnne Hosting of Martinez, California, Pat (Russ) Paulson of Winona, and Mary Liz Hosting of Rochester; two sons Mike of Queen Creek, Arizona, and Larry (Renee) of Canton; seven grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and a sister Betty Luzum of Marion, Iowa. She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother; and her twin sister. Funeral Mass was January 27, 2003 at the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton, with Father Steven Peterson officiating. Burial was in the Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.