"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 13th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:13:48, Feb 13th 2016 - Billary - This paper is so liberal. Guess they are endorsing Hillary Clinton!!!!!! ... [Read More]
- 9:05:21, Feb 12th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Wentworth Your post contains disconnected ideas and makes little sense. ... [Read More]
- 1:21:44, Feb 12th 2016 - email@example.com - Well said. I cook on wkends too, leftovers during the week a ... [Read More]
- 1:07:17, Feb 12th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85 and vikefan1- the countries I mentioned in my last post are all ... [Read More]
- 8:40:49, Feb 11th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth "Universal health care not covered in the Constitution" ? ... [Read More]
- 1:11:48, Feb 11th 2016 - SV85 - @Wentworth If you will do an unbiased research on the positive features of th ... [Read More]
- 9:43:47, Feb 11th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- exactly what are the benefits of obamacare? the last time I ch ... [Read More]
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary C. Hosting, 75, lifelong resident of Canton, Minnesota died suddenly January 23, 2003 in Lanesboro.
Mary was born October 7, 1927 in Canton to Vane, Sr. and Anne (Carmody) Snyder. She graduated from the Canton High School in 1945 and the College of St. Teresa in Winona, Minnesota in 1949. On October 8, 1949 she married Cletus R. Hosting in Canton. They farmed and resided in Canton their entire married lives. Mary worked as a substitute elementary teacher for the Mabel-Canton Schools and volunteered at the Harmony Nursing Home. She was the keeper of the records for the Canton High School. She was a member of the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton and the Altar Society. She enjoyed sewing, quilting, flowers and gardening. Mary is survived by her husband Cletus of Canton; three daughters JoAnne Hosting of Martinez, California, Pat (Russ) Paulson of Winona, and Mary Liz Hosting of Rochester; two sons Mike of Queen Creek, Arizona, and Larry (Renee) of Canton; seven grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and a sister Betty Luzum of Marion, Iowa. She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother; and her twin sister. Funeral Mass was January 27, 2003 at the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton, with Father Steven Peterson officiating. Burial was in the Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.