"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, October 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 2:27:07, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Has anyone running gone out to publicly say all your guns are going to ... [Read More]
- 2:23:57, Oct 24th 2016 - Kingsland parent - They should be discontinuing the football program. The Kingsland s ... [Read More]
- 2:19:33, Oct 24th 2016 - Thomas E.H. - Coincidentally enough, I don't find much difference between Thomas Treh ... [Read More]
- 4:40:26, Oct 21st 2016 - Thomas E. H. - @What? On the contrary, it does take commitment to undermine legisl ... [Read More]
- 6:58:41, Oct 21st 2016 - LOLZ - I know, let's worry about coal miners jobs. To hell with the rest of the world ... [Read More]
- 1:03:04, Oct 20th 2016 - Tuner - Davids working to lower health care prices is a joke... He is working in inte ... [Read More]
- 11:04:10, Oct 19th 2016 - - weird, he is concerned about the budget but two members of the council tried nume ... [Read More]
- 3:15:21, Oct 19th 2016 - Please not again! - I wish he would have said how he spent all of the First Responder ... [Read More]
- 3:09:30, Oct 19th 2016 - What? - I don't think anyone needs to be committed to undermine MNsure. It is a joke ... [Read More]
- 1:50:43, Oct 19th 2016 - Turner - A reminder: Jesus hung out with and accepted prostitutes and thieves. Discr ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary C. Hosting, 75, lifelong resident of Canton, Minnesota died suddenly January 23, 2003 in Lanesboro.
Mary was born October 7, 1927 in Canton to Vane, Sr. and Anne (Carmody) Snyder. She graduated from the Canton High School in 1945 and the College of St. Teresa in Winona, Minnesota in 1949. On October 8, 1949 she married Cletus R. Hosting in Canton. They farmed and resided in Canton their entire married lives. Mary worked as a substitute elementary teacher for the Mabel-Canton Schools and volunteered at the Harmony Nursing Home. She was the keeper of the records for the Canton High School. She was a member of the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton and the Altar Society. She enjoyed sewing, quilting, flowers and gardening. Mary is survived by her husband Cletus of Canton; three daughters JoAnne Hosting of Martinez, California, Pat (Russ) Paulson of Winona, and Mary Liz Hosting of Rochester; two sons Mike of Queen Creek, Arizona, and Larry (Renee) of Canton; seven grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and a sister Betty Luzum of Marion, Iowa. She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother; and her twin sister. Funeral Mass was January 27, 2003 at the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton, with Father Steven Peterson officiating. Burial was in the Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.