"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 6th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:32:19, Feb 6th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Mr. Terbeest, You have described the modus operando of the ultra liberal c ... [Read More]
- 8:40:46, Feb 5th 2016 - - Not quite like that, the ship can sail any way it wishes but why am I forced to pay ... [Read More]
- 6:21:28, Feb 5th 2016 - respect - Reply to whocarez: Saying that they can travel to Minneapolis is both disre ... [Read More]
- 3:13:15, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - OK, this is a bizarre situation. You guys are doing exactly what you are a ... [Read More]
- 2:57:00, Feb 5th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Hawkeye 63 Give me the date & year of the FCJ in which your opinion piec ... [Read More]
- 1:49:36, Feb 5th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @vikefan1- so what exactly is the argument? Mr. Erding made no unsuppor ... [Read More]
- 12:18:10, Feb 5th 2016 - future - @says So your recommendation is that all those who disagree with the dir ... [Read More]
- 12:01:52, Feb 5th 2016 - Okayyyy - What happened to your cousin? This is odd to say the least. ... [Read More]
- 10:38:47, Feb 5th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth Oh, horrors! Hawkeye's right wing twin has emerged from his c ... [Read More]
- 10:26:09, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, Your response is puzzling to me. In your latest posts, you have j ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary C. Hosting, 75, lifelong resident of Canton, Minnesota died suddenly January 23, 2003 in Lanesboro.
Mary was born October 7, 1927 in Canton to Vane, Sr. and Anne (Carmody) Snyder. She graduated from the Canton High School in 1945 and the College of St. Teresa in Winona, Minnesota in 1949. On October 8, 1949 she married Cletus R. Hosting in Canton. They farmed and resided in Canton their entire married lives. Mary worked as a substitute elementary teacher for the Mabel-Canton Schools and volunteered at the Harmony Nursing Home. She was the keeper of the records for the Canton High School. She was a member of the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton and the Altar Society. She enjoyed sewing, quilting, flowers and gardening. Mary is survived by her husband Cletus of Canton; three daughters JoAnne Hosting of Martinez, California, Pat (Russ) Paulson of Winona, and Mary Liz Hosting of Rochester; two sons Mike of Queen Creek, Arizona, and Larry (Renee) of Canton; seven grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and a sister Betty Luzum of Marion, Iowa. She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother; and her twin sister. Funeral Mass was January 27, 2003 at the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton, with Father Steven Peterson officiating. Burial was in the Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.