"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Mary C. Hosting, 75, lifelong resident of Canton, Minnesota died suddenly January 23, 2003 in Lanesboro.
Mary was born October 7, 1927 in Canton to Vane, Sr. and Anne (Carmody) Snyder. She graduated from the Canton High School in 1945 and the College of St. Teresa in Winona, Minnesota in 1949. On October 8, 1949 she married Cletus R. Hosting in Canton. They farmed and resided in Canton their entire married lives. Mary worked as a substitute elementary teacher for the Mabel-Canton Schools and volunteered at the Harmony Nursing Home. She was the keeper of the records for the Canton High School. She was a member of the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton and the Altar Society. She enjoyed sewing, quilting, flowers and gardening. Mary is survived by her husband Cletus of Canton; three daughters JoAnne Hosting of Martinez, California, Pat (Russ) Paulson of Winona, and Mary Liz Hosting of Rochester; two sons Mike of Queen Creek, Arizona, and Larry (Renee) of Canton; seven grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and a sister Betty Luzum of Marion, Iowa. She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother; and her twin sister. Funeral Mass was January 27, 2003 at the Assumption Catholic Church in Canton, with Father Steven Peterson officiating. Burial was in the Calvary Cemetery in Canton. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.