"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:58:02, Sep 27th 2016 - @ Kim Wentworth - That previous post was directed to Mr. Schwartzentruber. If you ha ... [Read More]
- 10:10:34, Sep 27th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - @ Thomas E. H.- I will have to rely on you to tell me if you are jok ... [Read More]
- 9:15:13, Sep 26th 2016 - Patriot - Hello Hum. I disagree with your view on running K9 officers by vehicles in ... [Read More]
- 2:44:07, Sep 26th 2016 - Thomas E. H. - I would like to thank Mr. Schwartzentruber for illuminating Agenda 21. ... [Read More]
- 2:06:32, Sep 26th 2016 - Aaron Bishop - @ Kim Wentworth, Thank you for your comment. I did indeed mull that ... [Read More]
- 1:26:51, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - From the top: while neither side is perfect in the area of "facts" fo ... [Read More]
- 1:08:55, Sep 26th 2016 - Kim Wentworth - I think in the beginning you should have used the words "democrat" an ... [Read More]
- 12:45:42, Sep 26th 2016 - Hey Hum... - Is it rummer or rumor? ... [Read More]
- 12:42:02, Sep 26th 2016 - Uh huh - Yes, let's turn Harmony into a police state because you heard a 'rummer'. ... [Read More]
- 10:33:12, Sep 23rd 2016 - Hum - Heard a rummer that the kids r saying," if we park in the school parking lot ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Olaf Gerhard Hove, 88, of Chatfield, died January 23, 2003 at his home from complications caused by colon cancer.
He was born Jan. 28, 1914, in Spring Valley and attended schools in Leader, Minn. He worked at creameries in several Minnesota cities -- Leader, St. Charles, New Ulm and New Holland -- and was a creamery manager and buttermaker at two others, in Elizabeth and Eyota. On June 12, 1935, he married Blanche Sowers in Pequot Lakes, Minn. After many moves, the couple moved to Chatfield in 1950, where they owned and operated the Chatfield Dairy and Farm. They sold the business in 1979 but continued to live on the farm. Blanche died June 13, 1996. Mr. Hove was a board member at Rochester Dairy and AMPI for 13 years. He was a member of the American Dairy Association, Farm Bureau, Chatfield Lutheran Church and Olmsted and Fillmore County foster care. Survivors include two sons, Lorin (Janet) of Spring Valley and Dennis (Ann) of Elk River, Minn.; two daughters, Vandys Hove of Chatfield and Doris (Bud) Frey of Byron; six foster sons, Tim, Lloyd, Lyle, William, David and Scott; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; two step-great-grandchildren; and one sister, Ruby Deline of Mount Vernon, Wash. He was preceded in death by his wife, one son, one foster son, five sisters and four brothers. The funeral service was held Jan. 28, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church with the Rev. Chris Finsand officiating. Burial was in St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.