"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
- 1:27:17, Jul 27th 2014 - in harmony - Hum...no tickets issued? Thats something I've never heard before. My X g ... [Read More]
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Olaf Gerhard Hove, 88, of Chatfield, died January 23, 2003 at his home from complications caused by colon cancer.
He was born Jan. 28, 1914, in Spring Valley and attended schools in Leader, Minn. He worked at creameries in several Minnesota cities -- Leader, St. Charles, New Ulm and New Holland -- and was a creamery manager and buttermaker at two others, in Elizabeth and Eyota. On June 12, 1935, he married Blanche Sowers in Pequot Lakes, Minn. After many moves, the couple moved to Chatfield in 1950, where they owned and operated the Chatfield Dairy and Farm. They sold the business in 1979 but continued to live on the farm. Blanche died June 13, 1996. Mr. Hove was a board member at Rochester Dairy and AMPI for 13 years. He was a member of the American Dairy Association, Farm Bureau, Chatfield Lutheran Church and Olmsted and Fillmore County foster care. Survivors include two sons, Lorin (Janet) of Spring Valley and Dennis (Ann) of Elk River, Minn.; two daughters, Vandys Hove of Chatfield and Doris (Bud) Frey of Byron; six foster sons, Tim, Lloyd, Lyle, William, David and Scott; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; two step-great-grandchildren; and one sister, Ruby Deline of Mount Vernon, Wash. He was preceded in death by his wife, one son, one foster son, five sisters and four brothers. The funeral service was held Jan. 28, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church with the Rev. Chris Finsand officiating. Burial was in St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.