"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, August 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
- 12:47:28, Aug 21st 2015 - - Remark 1976 seems to know about everything that posted in the journal. Lmfao...i ... [Read More]
- 10:14:08, Aug 21st 2015 - Remark1976 - Concerned, the Fountain police chief can only issue speeding ticket ... [Read More]
- 8:01:44, Aug 21st 2015 - Skeptical - I think the DNR doesn't tell us everything they're up to. I've heard th ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Olaf Gerhard Hove, 88, of Chatfield, died January 23, 2003 at his home from complications caused by colon cancer.
He was born Jan. 28, 1914, in Spring Valley and attended schools in Leader, Minn. He worked at creameries in several Minnesota cities -- Leader, St. Charles, New Ulm and New Holland -- and was a creamery manager and buttermaker at two others, in Elizabeth and Eyota. On June 12, 1935, he married Blanche Sowers in Pequot Lakes, Minn. After many moves, the couple moved to Chatfield in 1950, where they owned and operated the Chatfield Dairy and Farm. They sold the business in 1979 but continued to live on the farm. Blanche died June 13, 1996. Mr. Hove was a board member at Rochester Dairy and AMPI for 13 years. He was a member of the American Dairy Association, Farm Bureau, Chatfield Lutheran Church and Olmsted and Fillmore County foster care. Survivors include two sons, Lorin (Janet) of Spring Valley and Dennis (Ann) of Elk River, Minn.; two daughters, Vandys Hove of Chatfield and Doris (Bud) Frey of Byron; six foster sons, Tim, Lloyd, Lyle, William, David and Scott; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; two step-great-grandchildren; and one sister, Ruby Deline of Mount Vernon, Wash. He was preceded in death by his wife, one son, one foster son, five sisters and four brothers. The funeral service was held Jan. 28, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church with the Rev. Chris Finsand officiating. Burial was in St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.