"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, July 26th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Olaf Gerhard Hove, 88, of Chatfield, died January 23, 2003 at his home from complications caused by colon cancer.
He was born Jan. 28, 1914, in Spring Valley and attended schools in Leader, Minn. He worked at creameries in several Minnesota cities -- Leader, St. Charles, New Ulm and New Holland -- and was a creamery manager and buttermaker at two others, in Elizabeth and Eyota. On June 12, 1935, he married Blanche Sowers in Pequot Lakes, Minn. After many moves, the couple moved to Chatfield in 1950, where they owned and operated the Chatfield Dairy and Farm. They sold the business in 1979 but continued to live on the farm. Blanche died June 13, 1996. Mr. Hove was a board member at Rochester Dairy and AMPI for 13 years. He was a member of the American Dairy Association, Farm Bureau, Chatfield Lutheran Church and Olmsted and Fillmore County foster care. Survivors include two sons, Lorin (Janet) of Spring Valley and Dennis (Ann) of Elk River, Minn.; two daughters, Vandys Hove of Chatfield and Doris (Bud) Frey of Byron; six foster sons, Tim, Lloyd, Lyle, William, David and Scott; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; two step-great-grandchildren; and one sister, Ruby Deline of Mount Vernon, Wash. He was preceded in death by his wife, one son, one foster son, five sisters and four brothers. The funeral service was held Jan. 28, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church with the Rev. Chris Finsand officiating. Burial was in St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.