"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, November 27th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:03:53, Nov 24th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Doc, Why do people like you have to turn stories that don't have ... [Read More]
- 7:13:36, Nov 21st 2014 - FountainFarmer - doc, why do people like you think that every story needs a sense ... [Read More]
- 3:50:54, Nov 21st 2014 - Frank Wright - Does the author of this article realize it is not April 1st? ... [Read More]
- 3:03:32, Nov 21st 2014 - Roberto - That IS a stereotype on Libertarians from extreme right-wingers BTW. See ... [Read More]
- 5:10:46, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - I'm surprised conservatives aren't picketing there for their war on women. ... [Read More]
- 5:09:30, Nov 17th 2014 - doc - Is it illegal to push THEIR snow into the street though? ... [Read More]
- 4:16:40, Nov 15th 2014 - Gudrun - Ralph's burial at Arlington National Cemetery is scheduled for February 12, ... [Read More]
- 4:47:53, Nov 7th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Hey winters coming, why don't you take your concerns to that of the ... [Read More]
- 6:43:44, Nov 6th 2014 - winters coming - Tell Fillmore central in harmony that it is against the law to push t ... [Read More]
- 11:34:53, Nov 3rd 2014 - Tom Kaase - First of all, thank you again to Editor Jason Sethre for allowing people ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Olaf Gerhard Hove, 88, of Chatfield, died January 23, 2003 at his home from complications caused by colon cancer.
He was born Jan. 28, 1914, in Spring Valley and attended schools in Leader, Minn. He worked at creameries in several Minnesota cities -- Leader, St. Charles, New Ulm and New Holland -- and was a creamery manager and buttermaker at two others, in Elizabeth and Eyota. On June 12, 1935, he married Blanche Sowers in Pequot Lakes, Minn. After many moves, the couple moved to Chatfield in 1950, where they owned and operated the Chatfield Dairy and Farm. They sold the business in 1979 but continued to live on the farm. Blanche died June 13, 1996. Mr. Hove was a board member at Rochester Dairy and AMPI for 13 years. He was a member of the American Dairy Association, Farm Bureau, Chatfield Lutheran Church and Olmsted and Fillmore County foster care. Survivors include two sons, Lorin (Janet) of Spring Valley and Dennis (Ann) of Elk River, Minn.; two daughters, Vandys Hove of Chatfield and Doris (Bud) Frey of Byron; six foster sons, Tim, Lloyd, Lyle, William, David and Scott; six grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; two step-great-grandchildren; and one sister, Ruby Deline of Mount Vernon, Wash. He was preceded in death by his wife, one son, one foster son, five sisters and four brothers. The funeral service was held Jan. 28, 2003 at Chatfield Lutheran Church with the Rev. Chris Finsand officiating. Burial was in St. Paul Lutheran Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.