"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
- 9:08:48, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - What was the MN unemployment rate when GWB was in office? ... [Read More]
- 10:48:03, Aug 15th 2014 - Retired - A quick google search offers numerous ideas for community education. Knitt ... [Read More]
- 10:44:01, Aug 15th 2014 - tom - I believe that part of what made this country great was the ability to work to ... [Read More]
- 12:31:16, Aug 14th 2014 - Mad Mike - All you liberal's think a like. You read what you want to read and liste ... [Read More]
- 10:28:11, Aug 13th 2014 - Dale Eppen - Herb, I am so happy you like Obama Care. I also assume you like half a ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James R. Meyer, 74, died January 23, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
He was born Dec. 30, 1928, in Frederic, Wis., where he lived until age 19. He worked for the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. He moved to St. Paul and was an agent for Metropolitan Life. On June 16, 1951, he married Margaret Dabruzzi in Hudson, Wis. He served in the U.S. Army from 1954 to 1956 and, after his discharge, resumed insurance work in New Richmond, Wis. He later moved to St. Paul Park, Minn., and in December 1962, began working for American Family Insurance, where he worked until 1991, when he retired. During that time, he became a district manager of sales in Rochester and moved to Chatfield in 1968. He is survived by his wife; two sons, James (Chris) of Eden Prairie and Steve (Christa) of Prior Lake; two daughters, Betty (Greg) Gossman of Spring Valley and Marilyn (Rick) Haskovec of Preston; eight grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; one brother, Willard (Beverly) of Grantsburg, Wis.; and two sisters, Lucille (Ed) Durand of Shell Lake, Wis., and Mary Marquardt of Fond du Lac, Wis. The funeral was held Jan. 27, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.