"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James R. Meyer, 74, died January 23, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
He was born Dec. 30, 1928, in Frederic, Wis., where he lived until age 19. He worked for the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. He moved to St. Paul and was an agent for Metropolitan Life. On June 16, 1951, he married Margaret Dabruzzi in Hudson, Wis. He served in the U.S. Army from 1954 to 1956 and, after his discharge, resumed insurance work in New Richmond, Wis. He later moved to St. Paul Park, Minn., and in December 1962, began working for American Family Insurance, where he worked until 1991, when he retired. During that time, he became a district manager of sales in Rochester and moved to Chatfield in 1968. He is survived by his wife; two sons, James (Chris) of Eden Prairie and Steve (Christa) of Prior Lake; two daughters, Betty (Greg) Gossman of Spring Valley and Marilyn (Rick) Haskovec of Preston; eight grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; one brother, Willard (Beverly) of Grantsburg, Wis.; and two sisters, Lucille (Ed) Durand of Shell Lake, Wis., and Mary Marquardt of Fond du Lac, Wis. The funeral was held Jan. 27, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.