"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, March 10th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James R. Meyer, 74, died January 23, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
He was born Dec. 30, 1928, in Frederic, Wis., where he lived until age 19. He worked for the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. He moved to St. Paul and was an agent for Metropolitan Life. On June 16, 1951, he married Margaret Dabruzzi in Hudson, Wis. He served in the U.S. Army from 1954 to 1956 and, after his discharge, resumed insurance work in New Richmond, Wis. He later moved to St. Paul Park, Minn., and in December 1962, began working for American Family Insurance, where he worked until 1991, when he retired. During that time, he became a district manager of sales in Rochester and moved to Chatfield in 1968. He is survived by his wife; two sons, James (Chris) of Eden Prairie and Steve (Christa) of Prior Lake; two daughters, Betty (Greg) Gossman of Spring Valley and Marilyn (Rick) Haskovec of Preston; eight grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; one brother, Willard (Beverly) of Grantsburg, Wis.; and two sisters, Lucille (Ed) Durand of Shell Lake, Wis., and Mary Marquardt of Fond du Lac, Wis. The funeral was held Jan. 27, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.