"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
- 3:11:22, Sep 28th 2014 - - Who is this person ... [Read More]
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 2:10:21, Sep 19th 2014 - Barb Jeffers - The additional photos of the Dogpatch are now on the Fillmore County J ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James R. Meyer, 74, died January 23, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
He was born Dec. 30, 1928, in Frederic, Wis., where he lived until age 19. He worked for the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. He moved to St. Paul and was an agent for Metropolitan Life. On June 16, 1951, he married Margaret Dabruzzi in Hudson, Wis. He served in the U.S. Army from 1954 to 1956 and, after his discharge, resumed insurance work in New Richmond, Wis. He later moved to St. Paul Park, Minn., and in December 1962, began working for American Family Insurance, where he worked until 1991, when he retired. During that time, he became a district manager of sales in Rochester and moved to Chatfield in 1968. He is survived by his wife; two sons, James (Chris) of Eden Prairie and Steve (Christa) of Prior Lake; two daughters, Betty (Greg) Gossman of Spring Valley and Marilyn (Rick) Haskovec of Preston; eight grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; one brother, Willard (Beverly) of Grantsburg, Wis.; and two sisters, Lucille (Ed) Durand of Shell Lake, Wis., and Mary Marquardt of Fond du Lac, Wis. The funeral was held Jan. 27, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.