"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, April 30th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:37:45, Apr 29th 2016 - SEMN - Really you don't own that sign in! Grow up! I can't stop laughing! Last time I ... [Read More]
- 3:52:31, Apr 29th 2016 - Combat Veteran - @Paul- Where is your "you're a racist, warmongering, hateful, bigot" ... [Read More]
- 8:54:50, Apr 28th 2016 - LOLZ - Some dough head is using my name. I couldn't care less about the school, my ki ... [Read More]
- 2:10:13, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - What are you going to do about it SEMN? Last time I checked you didn't own the ... [Read More]
- 8:02:21, Apr 28th 2016 - SEMN - So who's the clown that is using my sign in, grow up. ... [Read More]
- 5:54:17, Apr 28th 2016 - Lala - Look the bully FC girl switched sports! ... [Read More]
- 5:53:10, Apr 28th 2016 - Semn - LOLZ, your the troll! ... [Read More]
- 10:18:05, Apr 27th 2016 - Paul - Not sure either party can say their system is perfect. Remember about throwin ... [Read More]
- 6:54:34, Apr 26th 2016 - Paul - Hawkeye, I've missed your out-of-touch "I'm right, you're wrong" rants. Glad ... [Read More]
- 11:59:13, Apr 26th 2016 - LOLZ - Trolling is a disease. Just like square dancing. ... [Read More]
Fri, Jan 31st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
James R. Meyer, 74, died January 23, 2003 at Chosen Valley Care Center in Chatfield.
He was born Dec. 30, 1928, in Frederic, Wis., where he lived until age 19. He worked for the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. He moved to St. Paul and was an agent for Metropolitan Life. On June 16, 1951, he married Margaret Dabruzzi in Hudson, Wis. He served in the U.S. Army from 1954 to 1956 and, after his discharge, resumed insurance work in New Richmond, Wis. He later moved to St. Paul Park, Minn., and in December 1962, began working for American Family Insurance, where he worked until 1991, when he retired. During that time, he became a district manager of sales in Rochester and moved to Chatfield in 1968. He is survived by his wife; two sons, James (Chris) of Eden Prairie and Steve (Christa) of Prior Lake; two daughters, Betty (Greg) Gossman of Spring Valley and Marilyn (Rick) Haskovec of Preston; eight grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; one brother, Willard (Beverly) of Grantsburg, Wis.; and two sisters, Lucille (Ed) Durand of Shell Lake, Wis., and Mary Marquardt of Fond du Lac, Wis. The funeral was held Jan. 27, 2003 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Rev. Thomas Loomis officiating. Burial was in Calvary Cemetery in Chatfield. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.