"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, July 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:01:39, Jul 22nd 2014 - Don K. - My medical premium will go up significantly next year under Obama care. Thi ... [Read More]
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Bernice A. Scheevel, 74, of 2623 Pearl Court S.E., a retired day care provider, died January 28, 2003 at Seasons Hospice.
Bernice A. Grabau was born March 16, 1928, in Forestville Township, Fillmore County. She grew up in Fillmore County and graduated from Wykoff High School. On Nov. 4, 1950, she married Donald Scheevel in Wykoff. They lived in Minneapolis for a couple of years before moving to Rochester. She had worked at Libby's and Waters Instruments, and was a day care provider in her home for many years. Her husband was a representative for Viking Food Service. He died in 1992. Mrs. Scheevel was a member of Redeemer Lutheran Church and the ladies aid of Christ Lutheran Church where she was a former member. Survivors include two sons, Rick (Cindy) of Brooklyn Park, Minn., and Mark (Barb) of Byron; two daughters, Diana (Larry) Stoen and Sherry (Curt) Haugen, both of Rochester; 11 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; nine brothers, Elden (Evelyn) Grabau and Reuben (Ruth) Grabau, both of Spring Valley, Arlow (Bette) Grabau, Gerhardt (Mildred) Grabau, Raymond (Mildred) Grabau, Elmer (Leona) Grabau and Gerald (Amelia) Grabau, all of Wykoff, Curt (Elaine) Grabau of Rochester and Lyndon (Helen) Grabau of Austin; and a sister, Eunice (Harlan) Thompson of Wykoff. The funeral was held Jan.31, 2003 at Redeemer Lutheran Church, with the Rev. John Schleicher officiating. Burial was in Grandview Memorial Gardens.