"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Bernice A. Scheevel, 74, of 2623 Pearl Court S.E., a retired day care provider, died January 28, 2003 at Seasons Hospice.
Bernice A. Grabau was born March 16, 1928, in Forestville Township, Fillmore County. She grew up in Fillmore County and graduated from Wykoff High School. On Nov. 4, 1950, she married Donald Scheevel in Wykoff. They lived in Minneapolis for a couple of years before moving to Rochester. She had worked at Libby's and Waters Instruments, and was a day care provider in her home for many years. Her husband was a representative for Viking Food Service. He died in 1992. Mrs. Scheevel was a member of Redeemer Lutheran Church and the ladies aid of Christ Lutheran Church where she was a former member. Survivors include two sons, Rick (Cindy) of Brooklyn Park, Minn., and Mark (Barb) of Byron; two daughters, Diana (Larry) Stoen and Sherry (Curt) Haugen, both of Rochester; 11 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; nine brothers, Elden (Evelyn) Grabau and Reuben (Ruth) Grabau, both of Spring Valley, Arlow (Bette) Grabau, Gerhardt (Mildred) Grabau, Raymond (Mildred) Grabau, Elmer (Leona) Grabau and Gerald (Amelia) Grabau, all of Wykoff, Curt (Elaine) Grabau of Rochester and Lyndon (Helen) Grabau of Austin; and a sister, Eunice (Harlan) Thompson of Wykoff. The funeral was held Jan.31, 2003 at Redeemer Lutheran Church, with the Rev. John Schleicher officiating. Burial was in Grandview Memorial Gardens.