"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, June 19th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:58:04, Jun 18th 2013 - cabraden1 - I salute you Colonel Overland. Your were my c.o. at Rockville Naval Air ... [Read More]
- 7:10:46, Jun 13th 2013 - chipperlee - Seems to be a well written article, except maybe Silica Sand is used in ... [Read More]
- 12:02:15, Jun 9th 2013 - getthefacts - The problem here lies in the fact that girls were repeatedly told "if y ... [Read More]
- 10:45:32, Jun 7th 2013 - Jo mom for 6yrs - Mr. Ehler hit the nail on the head. I agree with the religious con ... [Read More]
- 2:47:58, Jun 7th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 9:06:21, Jun 6th 2013 - hello - Hello, it's time you wake up. There isn't a community nearby that doesn't offe ... [Read More]
- 2:05:29, Jun 6th 2013 - Kim Wentworth - The number one rule in a debate: 1) if the person from the opposite si ... [Read More]
- 12:42:18, Jun 4th 2013 - EW - For someone that is always spouting religious rhetoric, you try to come off as a ... [Read More]
- 11:32:18, May 31st 2013 - JO PLAYER - This is unfair to us girls. Morrie Miller is not getting canceled but J ... [Read More]
- 8:25:34, May 29th 2013 - RP - Why is Mr. Ehler involving himself with non-school activities? Is he going after ... [Read More]
Do you think the use of all fireworks should be legal in the state of Minnesota for all consumers?
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Bernice A. Scheevel, 74, of 2623 Pearl Court S.E., a retired day care provider, died January 28, 2003 at Seasons Hospice.
Bernice A. Grabau was born March 16, 1928, in Forestville Township, Fillmore County. She grew up in Fillmore County and graduated from Wykoff High School. On Nov. 4, 1950, she married Donald Scheevel in Wykoff. They lived in Minneapolis for a couple of years before moving to Rochester. She had worked at Libby's and Waters Instruments, and was a day care provider in her home for many years. Her husband was a representative for Viking Food Service. He died in 1992. Mrs. Scheevel was a member of Redeemer Lutheran Church and the ladies aid of Christ Lutheran Church where she was a former member. Survivors include two sons, Rick (Cindy) of Brooklyn Park, Minn., and Mark (Barb) of Byron; two daughters, Diana (Larry) Stoen and Sherry (Curt) Haugen, both of Rochester; 11 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; nine brothers, Elden (Evelyn) Grabau and Reuben (Ruth) Grabau, both of Spring Valley, Arlow (Bette) Grabau, Gerhardt (Mildred) Grabau, Raymond (Mildred) Grabau, Elmer (Leona) Grabau and Gerald (Amelia) Grabau, all of Wykoff, Curt (Elaine) Grabau of Rochester and Lyndon (Helen) Grabau of Austin; and a sister, Eunice (Harlan) Thompson of Wykoff. The funeral was held Jan.31, 2003 at Redeemer Lutheran Church, with the Rev. John Schleicher officiating. Burial was in Grandview Memorial Gardens.