"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, April 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:34:51, Apr 1st 2015 - Sad - Average US household income is $53,891. Medicare and Social Security tax= 7.65% ... [Read More]
- 8:57:55, Apr 1st 2015 - Skunkpuppy - @BethShade and @Knewhimforseveralyears No matter what someone has done ... [Read More]
- 3:21:04, Mar 31st 2015 - doc - Not to mention ignoring science yet believing in fairy tales. ... [Read More]
- 12:16:25, Mar 31st 2015 - Vikefan 1 - To Left Winger: You choose to call what Reagan and Bush did as "tweak ... [Read More]
- 9:53:03, Mar 31st 2015 - left winger - vikefan please get you facts straight, What Regan did was a technical c ... [Read More]
- 2:52:28, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - Vikefan, The main difference between me an you is I have my own opinion. ... [Read More]
- 11:09:25, Mar 30th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Typical Obama violating protocol by using executive actions? Do you ... [Read More]
- 8:26:07, Mar 30th 2015 - Typical - "To bypass the President of the United States and invite the leader of a f ... [Read More]
- 6:05:13, Mar 28th 2015 - Fillmore mom - I really enjoyed this article, too bad others used it as their persona ... [Read More]
- 12:29:12, Mar 28th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To Thanks! About blindly following Obama and his governing policies, yo ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Brian LeRoy Gathje, 31, of Chatfield, superintendent of public works for the city of Eyota, died January 29, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester of complications of surgery. He had been hospitalized since Jan. 9.
Born July 28, 1971, in Rochester, he grew up in Chatfield and continued to live in Chatfield after graduating from Chatfield High School in 1989. On July 26, 1997, he married Nadine Ann Horsman at North Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro. Mr. Gathje had worked for the city of Chatfield for 12 years before becoming employed by the city of Eyota. He enjoyed hunting and fishing. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Trenton and Reed, both at home; his mother, Norma Gathje of Chatfield; his father, Marvin (Donna) Gathje of Kellogg; two sisters, Wanda Gathje of West Carrollton, Ohio, and Debra Gathje of Chatfield; and his paternal grandmother, Helen Gathje of Chatfield. His paternal grandfather and maternal grandparents preceded him in death. The funeral was held Feb. 3, 2002 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Revs. Gerald Melby and Mark Woodward co-officiating. Burial was in Washington Cemetery in Spring Valley. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.