"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
- 1:51:24, Oct 21st 2014 - ivoteyes - Ms. Machutt, please do not speak on behalf of the entire community by sayi ... [Read More]
- 1:13:23, Oct 21st 2014 - truth - And I am sure you will be all for footing the bill to put a band-aid (10 mill ... [Read More]
- 12:21:32, Oct 21st 2014 - Anthony's Wood-Fired Pizza - Thank you for the article Karen! We did in fact find a ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Brian LeRoy Gathje, 31, of Chatfield, superintendent of public works for the city of Eyota, died January 29, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester of complications of surgery. He had been hospitalized since Jan. 9.
Born July 28, 1971, in Rochester, he grew up in Chatfield and continued to live in Chatfield after graduating from Chatfield High School in 1989. On July 26, 1997, he married Nadine Ann Horsman at North Prairie Lutheran Church in rural Lanesboro. Mr. Gathje had worked for the city of Chatfield for 12 years before becoming employed by the city of Eyota. He enjoyed hunting and fishing. Survivors include his wife; two sons, Trenton and Reed, both at home; his mother, Norma Gathje of Chatfield; his father, Marvin (Donna) Gathje of Kellogg; two sisters, Wanda Gathje of West Carrollton, Ohio, and Debra Gathje of Chatfield; and his paternal grandmother, Helen Gathje of Chatfield. His paternal grandfather and maternal grandparents preceded him in death. The funeral was held Feb. 3, 2002 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Chatfield, with the Revs. Gerald Melby and Mark Woodward co-officiating. Burial was in Washington Cemetery in Spring Valley. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.