"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, April 24th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:25:14, Apr 18th 2014 - SignRancher - I can't wait to check it out ! My daughter, who lives in Rushford, can' ... [Read More]
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Ruth Jeanette Elton, 94, of Harmony, died February 3, 2003 at Winneshiek County Memorial Hospital in Decorah, Iowa.
Ruth Jeanette Madson was born in Marshall, N.D. on March 18, 1908, the daughter of Henry and Minnie Kyseth Madson. On April 15, 1925, she married Arnold Elton in Lanesboro. They farmed in rural Harmony and later moved to Harmony. After her husband's death on Sept. 20, 1979, she moved to Harmony Manor and entered Harmony Nursing Home in 1997. During the Depression she was a seamstress and later worked at the Ben Franklin for many years. Mrs. Elton was a longtime member of Greenfield Lutheran Church, WELCA and circle, and she enjoyed crocheting, knitting and sewing. Survivors include six grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; six great-great-grandchildren, a son-in-law, George Michel of Decorah, IA, and a special niece, Marilyn (Donne) Tammel of Preston. She was preceded in death by an infant son, a daughter, a grandson, three sisters and a brother. The funeral was held Feb. 8, 2003 at Greenfield Lutheran Church in Harmony, with the Rev. Jim Radatz officiating. Burial was in Greenfield Cemetery in Harmony. Lindstrom Funeral Home in Harmony was in charge of arrangements.