"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, October 25th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:43:52, Oct 25th 2014 - wow - SMDH....JUST WOW.....if the kids r trespassing go shead and spray them!! Spray ... [Read More]
- 8:55:22, Oct 24th 2014 - yup - I just got a bill for the 1st ave road construction $4,539.61 Omg really. I hav ... [Read More]
- 3:58:48, Oct 24th 2014 - Remember - Please remember this Wykoff voters. You may also be interested in knowing ... [Read More]
- 1:07:20, Oct 24th 2014 - Goodness1 - What do people in harmony need a community garden for? Everyone has spa ... [Read More]
- 12:52:15, Oct 24th 2014 - Michele Ekern - My only comment is that THERE WAS FLOOD WATER IN RUSHFORD SCHOOL!!! ... [Read More]
- 10:50:58, Oct 24th 2014 - SMDH - Another rambling, crazy rant from Stan. Stick to shouting conspiracies from ... [Read More]
- 7:16:15, Oct 24th 2014 - 1st ave resident - People really need to respect the law and stop blocking our drivew ... [Read More]
- 7:10:43, Oct 24th 2014 - whatever - Good luck with the gardens! The food will be stole! Maybe then they will s ... [Read More]
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Palma J. Dykeman, 97, of Spring Grove, Minnesota, formerly of Hesper, Iowa, died February 1, 2003 at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Palma was born June 11, 1906 in Hesper, Iowa to Ole and Maria (Larson) Peterson. She attended the Hesper Public School and graduated from the Mabel High School in Mabel, Minnesota in 1925. She then attended the Iowa State Teachers College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. On June 1, 1934 she married Donald D. Dykeman at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. They lived in Ossage, Iowa, California, and Waterloo, Iowa before returning to Hesper. She worked as a bookkeeper for many years at the Redwing Brothers Chevrolet in Mabel. Donald passed away in 1954. Palma has been a resident at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove since 1992. She was a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa and WELCA. Palma is survived by a son Loren (Doris) of Ankeny, Iowa; a daughter Kathleen (John) Conner of Chelmsford, Massachusetts; four grandchildren; five great grandchildren; and two nieces. She was preceded in death by her husband; a son Warren; a brothter Orrin Peterson; and a sister Myrtle Peterson. Funeral services were held Feb. 7, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.