"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:04:17, Oct 1st 2014 - linda hovland - As Andy Prinsen knows, I research and I go to meetings to get all the ... [Read More]
- 7:44:37, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Palma J. Dykeman, 97, of Spring Grove, Minnesota, formerly of Hesper, Iowa, died February 1, 2003 at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Palma was born June 11, 1906 in Hesper, Iowa to Ole and Maria (Larson) Peterson. She attended the Hesper Public School and graduated from the Mabel High School in Mabel, Minnesota in 1925. She then attended the Iowa State Teachers College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. On June 1, 1934 she married Donald D. Dykeman at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. They lived in Ossage, Iowa, California, and Waterloo, Iowa before returning to Hesper. She worked as a bookkeeper for many years at the Redwing Brothers Chevrolet in Mabel. Donald passed away in 1954. Palma has been a resident at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove since 1992. She was a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa and WELCA. Palma is survived by a son Loren (Doris) of Ankeny, Iowa; a daughter Kathleen (John) Conner of Chelmsford, Massachusetts; four grandchildren; five great grandchildren; and two nieces. She was preceded in death by her husband; a son Warren; a brothter Orrin Peterson; and a sister Myrtle Peterson. Funeral services were held Feb. 7, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.