"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 1st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:08:40, Jul 31st 2015 - what? - Gary livingood....lol...U need to check the guy he lives with. Drugs! ... [Read More]
- 6:05:47, Jul 31st 2015 - Haha - Get the girl bully off the FC teams. ... [Read More]
- 12:21:49, Jul 29th 2015 - Wykoff Resident - PLEASE stop behaving like children. This is directed to the counc ... [Read More]
- 6:30:33, Jul 28th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - 999 OUT OF 1,00 TIMES I USUALLY DISAGREE OR FIND FAULT WITH YOUR COMMENT ... [Read More]
- 8:53:21, Jul 28th 2015 - CARON - I wish I would have known Jeanie. I've thought of you and Janet often over t ... [Read More]
- 12:01:31, Jul 27th 2015 - What - "Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the Unit ... [Read More]
- 11:25:05, Jul 27th 2015 - LOLZ - I think we're done here. ... [Read More]
- 9:58:11, Jul 26th 2015 - Paul - Dear Mr. Wentworth, My knowledge also comes from hiking throughout the United ... [Read More]
- 2:04:57, Jul 25th 2015 - chris - Just like they didn't plant cougars, bear, wolves, wild turkeys and who knows ... [Read More]
- 7:20:23, Jul 25th 2015 - LOLZ - Maybe we won't get any snow next winter. Might as well worry about it in July ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Palma J. Dykeman, 97, of Spring Grove, Minnesota, formerly of Hesper, Iowa, died February 1, 2003 at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Palma was born June 11, 1906 in Hesper, Iowa to Ole and Maria (Larson) Peterson. She attended the Hesper Public School and graduated from the Mabel High School in Mabel, Minnesota in 1925. She then attended the Iowa State Teachers College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. On June 1, 1934 she married Donald D. Dykeman at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. They lived in Ossage, Iowa, California, and Waterloo, Iowa before returning to Hesper. She worked as a bookkeeper for many years at the Redwing Brothers Chevrolet in Mabel. Donald passed away in 1954. Palma has been a resident at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove since 1992. She was a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa and WELCA. Palma is survived by a son Loren (Doris) of Ankeny, Iowa; a daughter Kathleen (John) Conner of Chelmsford, Massachusetts; four grandchildren; five great grandchildren; and two nieces. She was preceded in death by her husband; a son Warren; a brothter Orrin Peterson; and a sister Myrtle Peterson. Funeral services were held Feb. 7, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.