"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, July 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:40:21, Jul 25th 2016 - former left winger - And now we find out the DNC did everything in their power to ge ... [Read More]
- 10:55:11, Jul 24th 2016 - oof dah - Here we go again in Peterson, don't they know any better! It looks like s ... [Read More]
- 9:14:30, Jul 23rd 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 This discussion was never about my bias, it was about yours, which ... [Read More]
- 1:23:08, Jul 23rd 2016 - Stan Gudmundson - Hillary nearly committed or actually did commit treason. I've had ... [Read More]
- 9:45:34, Jul 22nd 2016 - left luvr - You seem to be missing the point of this discussion, you are not as unbia ... [Read More]
- 12:18:31, Jul 22nd 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I am amazed at your seeming inability (or refusal) to distinguis ... [Read More]
- 9:40:07, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Susan Coleman, Danny Cassoloro, John Wilson, Gandy Baugh, Calvin Wa ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Jul 21st 2016 - Herb - Jason, I feel your pain and disgust. I do this on a regular basis on a highwa ... [Read More]
- 7:26:36, Jul 21st 2016 - SV85 - @left luvr I can't tell you how disppointed I am in your response. In your f ... [Read More]
- 4:06:21, Jul 21st 2016 - left luvr - @sv85 Thank you for you response. I do use email at work that contains se ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Palma J. Dykeman, 97, of Spring Grove, Minnesota, formerly of Hesper, Iowa, died February 1, 2003 at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Palma was born June 11, 1906 in Hesper, Iowa to Ole and Maria (Larson) Peterson. She attended the Hesper Public School and graduated from the Mabel High School in Mabel, Minnesota in 1925. She then attended the Iowa State Teachers College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. On June 1, 1934 she married Donald D. Dykeman at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. They lived in Ossage, Iowa, California, and Waterloo, Iowa before returning to Hesper. She worked as a bookkeeper for many years at the Redwing Brothers Chevrolet in Mabel. Donald passed away in 1954. Palma has been a resident at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove since 1992. She was a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa and WELCA. Palma is survived by a son Loren (Doris) of Ankeny, Iowa; a daughter Kathleen (John) Conner of Chelmsford, Massachusetts; four grandchildren; five great grandchildren; and two nieces. She was preceded in death by her husband; a son Warren; a brothter Orrin Peterson; and a sister Myrtle Peterson. Funeral services were held Feb. 7, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.