"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Palma J. Dykeman, 97, of Spring Grove, Minnesota, formerly of Hesper, Iowa, died February 1, 2003 at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove.
Palma was born June 11, 1906 in Hesper, Iowa to Ole and Maria (Larson) Peterson. She attended the Hesper Public School and graduated from the Mabel High School in Mabel, Minnesota in 1925. She then attended the Iowa State Teachers College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. On June 1, 1934 she married Donald D. Dykeman at the Little Brown Church in Nashua, Iowa. They lived in Ossage, Iowa, California, and Waterloo, Iowa before returning to Hesper. She worked as a bookkeeper for many years at the Redwing Brothers Chevrolet in Mabel. Donald passed away in 1954. Palma has been a resident at the Tweeten Health Services in Spring Grove since 1992. She was a member of the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa and WELCA. Palma is survived by a son Loren (Doris) of Ankeny, Iowa; a daughter Kathleen (John) Conner of Chelmsford, Massachusetts; four grandchildren; five great grandchildren; and two nieces. She was preceded in death by her husband; a son Warren; a brothter Orrin Peterson; and a sister Myrtle Peterson. Funeral services were held Feb. 7, 2003 at the Hesper Lutheran Church in Hesper, Iowa with the Reverend Hans Floan officiating. Burial was in the Hesper Lutheran Cemetery. Mengis Funeral Home in Mabel was in charge of arrangements.