"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, January 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
- 1:46:02, Jan 25th 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever and neighbor, what do you think you're trying to accomplish ... [Read More]
- 1:45:40, Jan 24th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - Or MAYBE people should accept the fact that you can't always win ... [Read More]
- 11:30:37, Jan 24th 2015 - neighbor - Fountainfarmer....residents of this street have taken it to the city coun ... [Read More]
- 2:04:25, Jan 23rd 2015 - FountainFarmer - whatever seems like the type of person who will rant and rave on new ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Columnists
Posted in Columnists
The other day I was resting in my car awaiting the end of my lunch hour. As I sat there I was thinking about the things that flustered me that morning and how they carried on to a rather disheartening lunch. I wished I could have moved to Australia. While I pondered my thoughts I listened to the radio. After a while an interesting and amusing tune started to play. Feeling the pulsing beat, I began to tap my hands to it. The song helped to rouse my spirits when it suddenly knocked me out with a lyrical punch. The poetic words "Music is the Great Communicator" filtered through my brain giving them great meaning and a profound impact on the rest of my day.
It all just made so much sense to me. Music really is the great communicator of thoughts, feelings, memories, stories, visions, and experiences. Our minds and bodies can quickly change just by hearing one song. It has the capability to give your body goose bumps, make your spine tingle, and captivate your mind all in one breath. The song I heard really reminded me of all the possibilities a song can create for someone. Itís always great to know that just one song can take your troubles and fade them all away. You are able to form a connection with the song so that you donít feel so alone. Itís almost funny how a song can carry on with you throughout a day coming out through your personality. Not only is one song capable of jumpstarting someoneís day it can pass on a very important message or story. Items of historical importance can also be passed down through a song expressed with emotion. Sometimes it is nice to hear a song from years ago and reflect on the good old times. Bringing back good memories never hurts. A songwriter may also wish to pass on a message and it is easy to do through a song. Putting a catchy sound behind your words can really allow for more people to hear a message. Whether you want peace or job equality music can help people do it. Songs are also the best tone setters we have. When someone is ready to play a big game they often times get pumped up through a song. Movies are also a great example of this. And who throws a party with out good music? So the next time you donít feel quite ready to take on the world, just pop in one of your favorite songs and sing away. If thatís not possible, a small hum and the words in your head should suffice. Jacob Grant is a student at Fillmore Central High School. The Journal Writing Project focuses on the writing of area young people.