"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, December 18th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 4:06:16, Dec 17th 2014 - @SGT Rock - "You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning f ... [Read More]
- 12:59:15, Dec 16th 2014 - SgtRock - You can stop hyperventilating now Jeff, it appears you are auditioning for ... [Read More]
- 6:53:39, Dec 15th 2014 - - Enough with the Liberal bashing!!!! ... [Read More]
- 12:43:11, Dec 9th 2014 - FountainFarmer - Wow! Yes, people are entitled to their opinion anytime they feel fre ... [Read More]
- 5:54:41, Dec 8th 2014 - WoW! - Fountainfarmer no serious Axe to grind and definitely not faceless gossip. Peop ... [Read More]
- 5:17:00, Dec 8th 2014 - Pastor Mark - Sounds like a great trip. Good for you Paul! Hope to see some of your pi ... [Read More]
- 1:58:52, Dec 8th 2014 - FountainFarmer - WoW! You're just commenting on an article that was posted back in Ju ... [Read More]
- 10:19:54, Dec 6th 2014 - WoW! - Sadly The Only Ones That Are Misinformed About Kaase are The Citizens of Fillm ... [Read More]
- 2:56:47, Dec 5th 2014 - annonymous - You should probably do some homework when printing articles like this. W ... [Read More]
- 7:21:03, Nov 30th 2014 - jimmyd - Preston Lions are doing a great job With that Purple Passion to Strengthen ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 7th, 2003
Posted in Columnists
Posted in Columnists
When I read and hear about hip and knee replacements I wonder what they do with all of the hips and knees that have been replaced. Can they be re-cycles or rebuilt? Over the years I have had my cars repaired with re-built alternators, clutches, engines and starters; couldnít the same be done with the human odds and ends that have been replaced by artificial parts?
Well, from what I understand, all of these hips and knees have been replaced because they have worn out from over use. If that is indeed the case, how about tongues? I certainly know of a few people that over use their tongues; why is it that tongues never seem to wear out? Another thing that I think about when I canít get to sleep are all of those political campaign promises that are made before elections. What sort of shape would the country be in if all of those campaign promises were kept? Why couldnít the incumbent simply state that he or she, enjoys his or her job, the pay is good and would we, his or her constituents, kindly keep him or her in office for another term. The opponent could state that the incumbent has had the job long enough and itís time for someone else to get a piece of the pie; and that should be the end of it. When Telemarketers call, why do thy say, ďHello Mr. Flaherty; how are you today?Ē Why just today, donít they care about how I was yesterday? Donít they realize that if I werenít feeling well it is quite likely that I wouldnít be answering the phone? How are you indeed; how am I as compared to what or when? Why donít we gather all of these Telemarketers and send them off to Iraq and see how long they stay in business. ďHello Mr. Hussein and how are you today?Ē Why do business people and advertisers tell me that if I comply with certain conditions, I am entitled to a free gift? Isnít a gift a gift? Why would anyone charge me for a gift? Why would I be dumb enough to accept a gift if I knew that I was going to be billed for it once I accepted it? Then there are those who tell me that if I listen to them or subscribe to a certain periodical I would be informed of the true facts of certain matters. Isnít a fact a fact, isnít a fact a truth? Are there such things as false facts? If there are such things as false facts, I think that they would be rather easy to come by if I listened to campaign speeches. I think that I would be better off if I just quit thinking about things once I get into bed and learned to live with my insomnia. As they say in medical circles, the best cure for insomnia is a good nightís sleep.