"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:44:17, Mar 7th 2014 - Robert - Fossil fuels are damaging are resources, polluting are air & water and destr ... [Read More]
- 12:32:02, Mar 7th 2014 - - "Turks suffered at the hands of Greece, Bulgaria, and Serbia. Hundreds of thousand ... [Read More]
- 7:38:38, Mar 5th 2014 - bootscoot21 - Thank you Dr. Van Gorp for this complete look at what our generation is ... [Read More]
- 8:39:53, Mar 4th 2014 - email@example.com - Excellent commentary, very thoughtful. Although quite len ... [Read More]
- 9:54:09, Mar 1st 2014 - - We have lost a good friend from Harmony High school class of 1970. I have many goo ... [Read More]
- 9:48:08, Mar 1st 2014 - - Rest in Peace Loenard ... [Read More]
- 9:14:19, Feb 25th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Eric, I don't know if you remember me but I am Erik Paulsen's M ... [Read More]
- 8:58:12, Feb 25th 2014 - jjoyengel - You are both wonderful people! You have and are doing something not just ... [Read More]
- 3:16:25, Feb 24th 2014 - TY - THANK YOU FCJ! I am not sure any of this would have happened without the excelle ... [Read More]
- 6:29:53, Feb 23rd 2014 - Proud family member - Thank you for this wonderful article about my nephew and his fa ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alta J. Lafky, 69, of Bird Island, Minn., formerly of Rushford, died Feb. 9, 2003 at Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, Minn.
Alta J. Bellock was born Aug. 16, 1933, in Winona and grew up in the Rushford area. She worked at TRW in Rushford from 1983 to December 2002 and since retiring had lived with a daughter in Bird Island. She was married and later divorced. Survivors include three sons, Ken of Winona, Dennis (Kathy) of Rollingstone and Tom (Trudy) of Elba; two daughters, Tammy Lafky of Bird Island and Betty (Douglas) Woxland of Waupun, Wis.; eight grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; two brothers, Lester (Marlene) Bellock of Rushford and Alfred Bellock of Knoxville, Tenn.; and five sisters, Carol (Ron) Mierau of Rushford, Marion Swenningson of Winona, Ruth Ann (Dick) Lupa of Troy, Mich., Dorothy (John) Wunderlich of Lewiston and Janet Gibbons of Arcadia. Wis. A memorial service for Alta J. Lafky was Feb. 14, 2003 at Hoff Funeral Homes - Rushford Chapel, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Spring burial will be in Frank Hill Cemetery in Wilson.