"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Monday, August 31st, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:03:45, Aug 28th 2015 - millerml - It's wonderful today to see wholesome farm kids raising animals and growin ... [Read More]
- 12:05:42, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - If Concerned is really concerned about public safety in Fountain, why d ... [Read More]
- 11:59:53, Aug 28th 2015 - Remark1976 - to the anonymous poster: There is no limit on how much I or anyone e ... [Read More]
- 10:12:49, Aug 28th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Very nice kids! Good work Mom and Dad. ... [Read More]
- 6:26:59, Aug 24th 2015 - Lmao - Doc........do u even know what that means? U better look it up! ... [Read More]
- 3:35:05, Aug 23rd 2015 - LOLZ - Everyone and their brother has a grey Impala. That's why they are about as int ... [Read More]
- 3:31:31, Aug 23rd 2015 - doc - Agree: Illiterate much? ... [Read More]
- 6:58:24, Aug 23rd 2015 - ? - Just put a lock on it, way cheaper! No brainer! ... [Read More]
- 8:43:20, Aug 21st 2015 - ecomom - Since Laura's father Charles died in 1902, I seriously doubt he helped build ... [Read More]
- 12:50:32, Aug 21st 2015 - Agree - Seen two girls go into school the other day with pants that looked like unde ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alta J. Lafky, 69, of Bird Island, Minn., formerly of Rushford, died Feb. 9, 2003 at Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, Minn.
Alta J. Bellock was born Aug. 16, 1933, in Winona and grew up in the Rushford area. She worked at TRW in Rushford from 1983 to December 2002 and since retiring had lived with a daughter in Bird Island. She was married and later divorced. Survivors include three sons, Ken of Winona, Dennis (Kathy) of Rollingstone and Tom (Trudy) of Elba; two daughters, Tammy Lafky of Bird Island and Betty (Douglas) Woxland of Waupun, Wis.; eight grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; two brothers, Lester (Marlene) Bellock of Rushford and Alfred Bellock of Knoxville, Tenn.; and five sisters, Carol (Ron) Mierau of Rushford, Marion Swenningson of Winona, Ruth Ann (Dick) Lupa of Troy, Mich., Dorothy (John) Wunderlich of Lewiston and Janet Gibbons of Arcadia. Wis. A memorial service for Alta J. Lafky was Feb. 14, 2003 at Hoff Funeral Homes - Rushford Chapel, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Spring burial will be in Frank Hill Cemetery in Wilson.