"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 23rd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:15:40, Oct 22nd 2014 - wow - Wow! How are we here voting on this again?! Rusfords motto after the flood was ... [Read More]
- 10:08:54, Oct 22nd 2014 - Also an RP Fan - Peterson too. Let's all combine as one city. We could learn a gr ... [Read More]
- 9:18:55, Oct 22nd 2014 - R-P fan - This referendum thing has divided the community. Let's change the subject. ... [Read More]
- 9:25:16, Oct 22nd 2014 - StopTheDeceptionJon - " IT HAS NEVER BEEN STATED THAT THIS AID WOULD BE APPLIED FOR A ... [Read More]
- 7:17:10, Oct 22nd 2014 - Mayo grad - But FC could not beat Mayo. Gooooo Mayo! ... [Read More]
- 11:07:16, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 11:06:26, Oct 21st 2014 - fairy tales can come true - In a December 14th, 2012 letter to the editor in the Fil ... [Read More]
- 9:51:26, Oct 21st 2014 - Anti-conspiracy - #5. RP schools has passed every audit with flying colors. #6. ... [Read More]
- 4:43:44, Oct 21st 2014 - omg - Maybe the several individuals that CAN afford and WANT the new school, should j ... [Read More]
- 2:54:11, Oct 21st 2014 - Vote NO - I don't understand the rationale behind spending $38M on a school for a dis ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Alta J. Lafky, 69, of Bird Island, Minn., formerly of Rushford, died Feb. 9, 2003 at Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, Minn.
Alta J. Bellock was born Aug. 16, 1933, in Winona and grew up in the Rushford area. She worked at TRW in Rushford from 1983 to December 2002 and since retiring had lived with a daughter in Bird Island. She was married and later divorced. Survivors include three sons, Ken of Winona, Dennis (Kathy) of Rollingstone and Tom (Trudy) of Elba; two daughters, Tammy Lafky of Bird Island and Betty (Douglas) Woxland of Waupun, Wis.; eight grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; two brothers, Lester (Marlene) Bellock of Rushford and Alfred Bellock of Knoxville, Tenn.; and five sisters, Carol (Ron) Mierau of Rushford, Marion Swenningson of Winona, Ruth Ann (Dick) Lupa of Troy, Mich., Dorothy (John) Wunderlich of Lewiston and Janet Gibbons of Arcadia. Wis. A memorial service for Alta J. Lafky was Feb. 14, 2003 at Hoff Funeral Homes - Rushford Chapel, with the Rev. Roger Michaelson officiating. Spring burial will be in Frank Hill Cemetery in Wilson.