"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, January 29th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:25:03, Jan 29th 2015 - justhearing - Agree with the lack of sportsmanship in the FC stands. Too much loud c ... [Read More]
- 8:37:09, Jan 28th 2015 - state medalist - Good post, love it! ... [Read More]
- 6:36:47, Jan 28th 2015 - blueberry - With 90 vendors it sounds like there are lots of antiques! ... [Read More]
- 6:33:07, Jan 28th 2015 - penny4yourthoughts - I don't think that they lack good sportsmanship at FC, I just th ... [Read More]
- 1:48:35, Jan 28th 2015 - Harmony Rocks - Whatever....I drove behind the school the other night, and watched a ... [Read More]
- 7:13:43, Jan 27th 2015 - state medalist - Yes u r right penny4for your thoughts....good sportsmanship, that's ... [Read More]
- 8:08:51, Jan 26th 2015 - REDHORSE51 - COACH VIX? NOTHING BUT A CLASS ACT! CONGRATULATIONS AND MANY MORE. ... [Read More]
- 8:35:52, Jan 26th 2015 - doc - Great. Now to get more antiques in there. ... [Read More]
- 6:25:24, Jan 26th 2015 - neighbor - Who do u think you are...fountain farmer....seen your other posts you seem ... [Read More]
- 6:23:31, Jan 26th 2015 - whatever - Fountain farmer because the cops don't care. And want to show how disrespe ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Walter Henry Hemker, 77, of Preston, a former employee of Pine Tree Apple Orchard and HECO in Harmony, died Feb. 6, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Care Center following a lengthy illness.
Born Aug. 20, 1925, in rural Wykoff, the son of Otto and Martha (Thielker) Hemker. He attended a country school for the early grades, St. John's Lutheran School for seventh and eighth grades and graduated from Wykoff High School in 1943. He lived and worked on his parents' farm until his marriage to Margaret Schultz on Jan. 6, 1962, in Albert Lea. They made their home in Preston. Mrs. Hemker survives. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston. The funeral was held Feb. 10, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Rev. James Rushton officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.