"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, March 26th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
- 12:15:11, Mar 25th 2015 - old farmer - Good job Gabrielle, just a couple extra thoughts. Animals deserve our w ... [Read More]
- 9:18:51, Mar 25th 2015 - luver of all thingss laft - Vikean1 dude don't blame them, take some ownership of wat ... [Read More]
- 11:34:43, Mar 24th 2015 - LOOKonTheBrightSide - Cheer up guys, you're all idiots regardless of political party ... [Read More]
- 11:27:21, Mar 24th 2015 - Jaded - Thanks for turning a teenager's journal project as a springboard for your ow ... [Read More]
- 8:41:18, Mar 24th 2015 - tootsie - I enjoyed your story about your great, great grandmothers Norwegian trunk. ... [Read More]
- 2:20:37, Mar 24th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left. Yes, you have a point. I'm afraid I have ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Walter Henry Hemker, 77, of Preston, a former employee of Pine Tree Apple Orchard and HECO in Harmony, died Feb. 6, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Care Center following a lengthy illness.
Born Aug. 20, 1925, in rural Wykoff, the son of Otto and Martha (Thielker) Hemker. He attended a country school for the early grades, St. John's Lutheran School for seventh and eighth grades and graduated from Wykoff High School in 1943. He lived and worked on his parents' farm until his marriage to Margaret Schultz on Jan. 6, 1962, in Albert Lea. They made their home in Preston. Mrs. Hemker survives. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston. The funeral was held Feb. 10, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Rev. James Rushton officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.