"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 8:44:09, Jul 20th 2014 - @ new resident - Wykoff has a summer softball league for youths ages 5-18 and they ha ... [Read More]
- 11:28:08, Jul 18th 2014 - Go kaase! - Tom I hope you get elected as sheriff! Although you have worked in roche ... [Read More]
- 3:14:00, Jul 18th 2014 - SV citizen - I have concern that there would be a conflict of interest with Kaase bei ... [Read More]
- 1:22:00, Jul 18th 2014 - Bear - Obama care isnt the answer. Sure Mr. Grehl some people in Minnesota have medi ... [Read More]
- 9:13:08, Jul 18th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - what?-even though smoking marijuana is illegal, unless the amount o ... [Read More]
- 6:52:38, Jul 17th 2014 - Kaase for Sheriff - First of all I think that both candidates have great ideas. But i ... [Read More]
- 4:13:24, Jul 16th 2014 - Two dogs - Why would Mr. Kaase want to take a pay cut of $30,000 dollar a year plus t ... [Read More]
- 9:57:55, Jul 16th 2014 - Kaase got my vote👍 - With this interview kaase got my vote! We need change in the ... [Read More]
- 6:54:19, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - The school on 1st ave pushes there snow onto the street. And NO ONE in harmon ... [Read More]
- 6:43:45, Jul 16th 2014 - what? - Christan was one of the kids who was caught smoking pot by the school, along ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Walter Henry Hemker, 77, of Preston, a former employee of Pine Tree Apple Orchard and HECO in Harmony, died Feb. 6, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Care Center following a lengthy illness.
Born Aug. 20, 1925, in rural Wykoff, the son of Otto and Martha (Thielker) Hemker. He attended a country school for the early grades, St. John's Lutheran School for seventh and eighth grades and graduated from Wykoff High School in 1943. He lived and worked on his parents' farm until his marriage to Margaret Schultz on Jan. 6, 1962, in Albert Lea. They made their home in Preston. Mrs. Hemker survives. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston. The funeral was held Feb. 10, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Rev. James Rushton officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.