"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:40:54, Feb 27th 2015 - Wood - The City of Peterson's attorney is Dick Nethercut. ... [Read More]
- 4:55:27, Feb 27th 2015 - oh wow - Really people. Having a fit about Kwik Trip and a beer license? Get a lif ... [Read More]
- 3:15:26, Feb 27th 2015 - Who? - Who is the attorney? This sounds familiar of another small town not to far aw ... [Read More]
- 3:09:41, Feb 27th 2015 - What? - "He has been sustained through the huge challenges of the last six years by h ... [Read More]
- 2:59:54, Feb 27th 2015 - BIG ISSUE - One big issue is the terrible internet and cable - There are many people ... [Read More]
- 2:26:10, Feb 27th 2015 - Public Information - Anyone know who the city attorney is for Peterson? ... [Read More]
- 7:18:47, Feb 27th 2015 - WhaT@JoKE - Happy to see i am not the only one that sees the Bully in Fountain farmer ... [Read More]
- 6:51:38, Feb 27th 2015 - OH WOW - Fountain farmer there u go again trying to start a fight. U know there is fr ... [Read More]
- 3:01:47, Feb 26th 2015 - FountainFarmer - doc, I'm a recording secretary for an organization and items like ... [Read More]
- 2:42:22, Feb 25th 2015 - doc - Oh, FountainFarmer, the 3.2 license was just renewed then. That's big news. ... [Read More]
Do you feel we should give up on observing Punxsutawney Phil to predict the remaining length of winter?
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Walter Henry Hemker, 77, of Preston, a former employee of Pine Tree Apple Orchard and HECO in Harmony, died Feb. 6, 2003 at Preston Good Samaritan Care Center following a lengthy illness.
Born Aug. 20, 1925, in rural Wykoff, the son of Otto and Martha (Thielker) Hemker. He attended a country school for the early grades, St. John's Lutheran School for seventh and eighth grades and graduated from Wykoff High School in 1943. He lived and worked on his parents' farm until his marriage to Margaret Schultz on Jan. 6, 1962, in Albert Lea. They made their home in Preston. Mrs. Hemker survives. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Preston. The funeral was held Feb. 10, 2003 at Christ Lutheran Church in Preston, with the Rev. James Rushton officiating. Burial was in Greenwood Cemetery in Preston. Thauwald Funeral Home in Preston was in charge of arrangements.