"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, September 19th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - email@example.com - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Frances Grabau, 92, of Spring Valley, a former school cafeteria worker, died February 7, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Frances Hansen was born Dec. 12, 1910, in Melbourne, Iowa, and moved with her family in 1911 to a farm in the Spring Valley-Ostrander area. She attended Happy Corners country school in Beaver Township, Fillmore County, and graduated from Spring Valley High School in 1930. On Dec. 7, 1935, she married Lorain Grabau. While her husband was in the Navy during World War II, she worked at the Spring Valley Bakery and later was employed in the Spring Valley Elementary School cafeteria for 15 years until her retirement. Her husband died in 1986. She was a member of Faith United Methodist Church and its women's organizations. Survivors include two sons, Robert (Kathy) of Spring Valley and Gary (Paige) of Lynd, Minn.; and five grandchildren. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral was held Feb. 10, 2003 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.