"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, April 17th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:36, Apr 3rd 2014 - Attendee - I do think the meeting went well in terms of sharing information. But also ... [Read More]
- 11:56:59, Apr 2nd 2014 - svtaxpayer - Start the meeting with the same old rehash about how great college class ... [Read More]
- 11:30:55, Mar 28th 2014 - RoryKramer - I couldn't have said it any better. My family has shopped at Willie's f ... [Read More]
- 8:44:51, Mar 26th 2014 - Gunnar Berg - Would that be Henrik's lessor known younger brother "Al"? ... [Read More]
- 1:21:46, Mar 23rd 2014 - REDHORSE51 - EXCELLENT COMMENTARY ON BULLYING, HOWEVER THE AUTHOR STILL SUPPORTS THE ... [Read More]
- 6:23:24, Mar 17th 2014 - about time - About time they start giving tickets to people who park where it days no ... [Read More]
- 5:51:04, Mar 17th 2014 - what? - I guess it depends who you are in this town. I called and talked to the city ... [Read More]
- 4:03:17, Mar 14th 2014 - - Looking for his mom and found this. Randy you will be greatly missed. I loved all ... [Read More]
- 10:21:04, Mar 14th 2014 - Doc - So many winners. ... [Read More]
- 8:58:49, Mar 10th 2014 - dan - Great letter Steve! That is attitude we should be taking, alternatives will be ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Frances Grabau, 92, of Spring Valley, a former school cafeteria worker, died February 7, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Frances Hansen was born Dec. 12, 1910, in Melbourne, Iowa, and moved with her family in 1911 to a farm in the Spring Valley-Ostrander area. She attended Happy Corners country school in Beaver Township, Fillmore County, and graduated from Spring Valley High School in 1930. On Dec. 7, 1935, she married Lorain Grabau. While her husband was in the Navy during World War II, she worked at the Spring Valley Bakery and later was employed in the Spring Valley Elementary School cafeteria for 15 years until her retirement. Her husband died in 1986. She was a member of Faith United Methodist Church and its women's organizations. Survivors include two sons, Robert (Kathy) of Spring Valley and Gary (Paige) of Lynd, Minn.; and five grandchildren. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral was held Feb. 10, 2003 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.