"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, March 27th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:51:48, Mar 27th 2015 - Vikefan 1 - Thanks, Mr. Van Gorp, for speaking out. I'm 100% with you. ... [Read More]
- 10:08:12, Mar 26th 2015 - saverton - Love your story Jim. . . . Good Job! ... [Read More]
- 12:35:40, Mar 26th 2015 - luver of all things left - Sorry pal, I'm kind of new to this. I'll use spellcheck f ... [Read More]
- 6:55:20, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - To lover of all things left In addition please watch your spelling. I ... [Read More]
- 2:38:08, Mar 25th 2015 - vikefan 1 - I take full ownership of what I wrote. Where did you get the idea that I ... [Read More]
- 12:15:11, Mar 25th 2015 - old farmer - Good job Gabrielle, just a couple extra thoughts. Animals deserve our w ... [Read More]
- 9:18:51, Mar 25th 2015 - luver of all thingss laft - Vikean1 dude don't blame them, take some ownership of wat ... [Read More]
- 11:34:43, Mar 24th 2015 - LOOKonTheBrightSide - Cheer up guys, you're all idiots regardless of political party ... [Read More]
- 11:27:21, Mar 24th 2015 - Jaded - Thanks for turning a teenager's journal project as a springboard for your ow ... [Read More]
- 8:41:18, Mar 24th 2015 - tootsie - I enjoyed your story about your great, great grandmothers Norwegian trunk. ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Frances Grabau, 92, of Spring Valley, a former school cafeteria worker, died February 7, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Frances Hansen was born Dec. 12, 1910, in Melbourne, Iowa, and moved with her family in 1911 to a farm in the Spring Valley-Ostrander area. She attended Happy Corners country school in Beaver Township, Fillmore County, and graduated from Spring Valley High School in 1930. On Dec. 7, 1935, she married Lorain Grabau. While her husband was in the Navy during World War II, she worked at the Spring Valley Bakery and later was employed in the Spring Valley Elementary School cafeteria for 15 years until her retirement. Her husband died in 1986. She was a member of Faith United Methodist Church and its women's organizations. Survivors include two sons, Robert (Kathy) of Spring Valley and Gary (Paige) of Lynd, Minn.; and five grandchildren. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral was held Feb. 10, 2003 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.