"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, May 24th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:43:25, May 24th 2016 - Cervidae - In my husband's defense, he is the most unselfish person I know and anyon ... [Read More]
- 4:29:20, May 23rd 2016 - - His house and all his surrounding land is for sale, yet he's not going to move and ... [Read More]
- 11:16:49, May 23rd 2016 - Paul - Well read does not mean only reading books that you find that are in-line wit ... [Read More]
- 9:55:22, May 21st 2016 - Aaron Swartzentruber - You have said it very well. I, too, believe most of America is ... [Read More]
- 10:47:20, May 18th 2016 - Paul - You ask a legitimate question and one we as a country need to address with ot ... [Read More]
- 12:57:18, May 18th 2016 - Combat Veteran (Derek) - @ Paul: I agree with 100% with what you said there, asking ... [Read More]
- 10:52:23, May 17th 2016 - Paul - Obviously the commandment to love one another is not so straight forward. You ... [Read More]
- 2:59:13, May 17th 2016 - Andy OConnor - @SV Resident...I think you nailed the crux of the situation in a coupl ... [Read More]
- 2:16:26, May 17th 2016 - Corrupt - Amazes me what Wykoff continues to do. Guess who just got hired by the Cit ... [Read More]
- 11:34:56, May 16th 2016 - Paul Little - Derek, Refugees should be vetted properly, the process should take as ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Frances Grabau, 92, of Spring Valley, a former school cafeteria worker, died February 7, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Frances Hansen was born Dec. 12, 1910, in Melbourne, Iowa, and moved with her family in 1911 to a farm in the Spring Valley-Ostrander area. She attended Happy Corners country school in Beaver Township, Fillmore County, and graduated from Spring Valley High School in 1930. On Dec. 7, 1935, she married Lorain Grabau. While her husband was in the Navy during World War II, she worked at the Spring Valley Bakery and later was employed in the Spring Valley Elementary School cafeteria for 15 years until her retirement. Her husband died in 1986. She was a member of Faith United Methodist Church and its women's organizations. Survivors include two sons, Robert (Kathy) of Spring Valley and Gary (Paige) of Lynd, Minn.; and five grandchildren. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral was held Feb. 10, 2003 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.