"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, August 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:25:09, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Hank, I wouldn't bet your pension or SS check on ACA being cast in stone ... [Read More]
- 5:10:18, Aug 27th 2014 - hawkeyejay - Just like Yvonne to trot out the " Republican War On Women" routine. I g ... [Read More]
- 7:33:35, Aug 27th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - wtf, why did you make that comment on a story regarding high school ... [Read More]
- 11:00:14, Aug 25th 2014 - wtf - Your article on Preston fastpitch wins big. The under 15 age takes 2nd.. There ... [Read More]
- 8:52:32, Aug 25th 2014 - Rae - I wish that you had included Stab from TJ's Liquor in your article. Stab has b ... [Read More]
- 10:32:36, Aug 22nd 2014 - Mad Mike - Doc, how do you get any truth or facts with the current set up that this ... [Read More]
- 9:31:25, Aug 22nd 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, You mentioned that "Republicans want the truth, they just ... [Read More]
- 8:00:02, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Republicans want the truth, they just don't like facts. ... [Read More]
- 7:58:04, Aug 19th 2014 - doc - Gas prices were $4.25 the last summer that GWB was in office. ... [Read More]
- 4:40:55, Aug 19th 2014 - dave - Gas prices were $1.79 a gallon when GWB left office ... [Read More]
Which school facilities in our area do you feel demonstrate the highest level of security for students and faculty?
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Frances Grabau, 92, of Spring Valley, a former school cafeteria worker, died February 7, 2003 at Saint Marys Hospital in Rochester.
Frances Hansen was born Dec. 12, 1910, in Melbourne, Iowa, and moved with her family in 1911 to a farm in the Spring Valley-Ostrander area. She attended Happy Corners country school in Beaver Township, Fillmore County, and graduated from Spring Valley High School in 1930. On Dec. 7, 1935, she married Lorain Grabau. While her husband was in the Navy during World War II, she worked at the Spring Valley Bakery and later was employed in the Spring Valley Elementary School cafeteria for 15 years until her retirement. Her husband died in 1986. She was a member of Faith United Methodist Church and its women's organizations. Survivors include two sons, Robert (Kathy) of Spring Valley and Gary (Paige) of Lynd, Minn.; and five grandchildren. A brother preceded her in death. The funeral was held Feb. 10, 2003 at Faith United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, with the Rev. William Rowen officiating. Burial was in Spring Valley Cemetery. Hindt-Hutchins Funeral Home in Spring Valley was in charge of arrangements.