"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Friday, February 5th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 12:18:10, Feb 5th 2016 - future - @says So your recommendation is that all those who disagree with the dir ... [Read More]
- 12:01:52, Feb 5th 2016 - Okayyyy - What happened to your cousin? This is odd to say the least. ... [Read More]
- 10:38:47, Feb 5th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth Oh, horrors! Hawkeye's right wing twin has emerged from his c ... [Read More]
- 10:26:09, Feb 5th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, Your response is puzzling to me. In your latest posts, you have j ... [Read More]
- 11:18:59, Feb 4th 2016 - - As a school "supporter", I propose you put your money where your mouth is. Are you ... [Read More]
- 12:52:27, Feb 4th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- I believe Hawkeye63 has been to the point in his responses to ... [Read More]
- 11:03:59, Feb 4th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye63 You have several obnoxious flaws, Hawkeye, that make you an undes ... [Read More]
- 4:34:24, Feb 3rd 2016 - whocarez - Forget political correctness, im a Norwegian in Filmore county. I hope we ... [Read More]
- 11:57:40, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, how is my status as a commentary writer germane to the topics of ... [Read More]
- 7:00:13, Feb 3rd 2016 - Hawkeye63 - Pastor Grandal, your comments are perfectly appropriate for a minister. Ho ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
Due to bad weather on the evening of the Harmony City Council’s meeting, this reporter wasn’t able to attend. However, a telephone interview with the city’s new Administrator was conducted.
Jerome Illg of Brooklyn Park, MN attended his first city council meeting. He disregarded the heavy snows and whiteout conditions, making his drive to southeastern MN a challenge. He and his wife, Jane, met with council members Tuesday evening, Feb. 11, 2003 and then drove back to Brooklyn Park. Illg grew up in the New Prague area and is a graduate of St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN, which is near St. Cloud. He has been working as Brooklyn Park’s accountant the past two years. Jane comes from the Spring Grove area where her parents, David and Marge Storlie, still live. The move from a city , which is the sixth largest in the the state, to Harmony will be a big change. Illg appreciates the small town atmosphere and how friendly people are in the rural community. Illg likes to do “putsy” things with friends and family members. He wants people to know that he is always open to any suggestions, that he is “approachable” and wants to make a positive contribution to the community. The new city administrator starts officially Feb. 24. Illg said he would like to meet as many people as possible and get up to speed on the city’s business. Other business • Chuck Janski informed the council that some of the Rural Development Grants the city was hoping to use for the wastewater treatment plant have not come through. He will be looking into revolving loans as another option. • Due to bad weather, Craig Skott of Mason City was not able to attend the meeting. He was scheduled to discuss the community center’s roof. A special meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2003. • There was a brief discussion on the possibility of raising utility rates. The council decided to wait until the new city administrator could take a look at current figures. • The Board of Review is set for Tuesday, April 29, 2003.