"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 3:23:50, Jul 30th 2014 - Bear - So Eagle, let me get this straight... To save money on medical insurance prem ... [Read More]
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
Due to bad weather on the evening of the Harmony City Council’s meeting, this reporter wasn’t able to attend. However, a telephone interview with the city’s new Administrator was conducted.
Jerome Illg of Brooklyn Park, MN attended his first city council meeting. He disregarded the heavy snows and whiteout conditions, making his drive to southeastern MN a challenge. He and his wife, Jane, met with council members Tuesday evening, Feb. 11, 2003 and then drove back to Brooklyn Park. Illg grew up in the New Prague area and is a graduate of St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN, which is near St. Cloud. He has been working as Brooklyn Park’s accountant the past two years. Jane comes from the Spring Grove area where her parents, David and Marge Storlie, still live. The move from a city , which is the sixth largest in the the state, to Harmony will be a big change. Illg appreciates the small town atmosphere and how friendly people are in the rural community. Illg likes to do “putsy” things with friends and family members. He wants people to know that he is always open to any suggestions, that he is “approachable” and wants to make a positive contribution to the community. The new city administrator starts officially Feb. 24. Illg said he would like to meet as many people as possible and get up to speed on the city’s business. Other business • Chuck Janski informed the council that some of the Rural Development Grants the city was hoping to use for the wastewater treatment plant have not come through. He will be looking into revolving loans as another option. • Due to bad weather, Craig Skott of Mason City was not able to attend the meeting. He was scheduled to discuss the community center’s roof. A special meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2003. • There was a brief discussion on the possibility of raising utility rates. The council decided to wait until the new city administrator could take a look at current figures. • The Board of Review is set for Tuesday, April 29, 2003.