"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:04:17, Oct 1st 2014 - linda hovland - As Andy Prinsen knows, I research and I go to meetings to get all the ... [Read More]
- 7:44:37, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 6:50:00, Oct 1st 2014 - no name again - Thanks also for the quick response. I am glad to hear that R-P is ... [Read More]
- 12:03:09, Oct 1st 2014 - davin thompson - If you walked into the R-P School High School right now, your child ... [Read More]
- 12:05:33, Oct 1st 2014 - open enrolled out for lack of curriculm choices - Thank you for the quick response; i ... [Read More]
- 9:12:52, Sep 30th 2014 - Justthefacts - "open enrolled out" 1) WIth your username "open enrolled out" you ... [Read More]
- 6:24:43, Sep 30th 2014 - hawkeye62 - What we really need is a President with the will and experience to lead i ... [Read More]
- 9:49:34, Sep 29th 2014 - REDHORSE51 - PRETTY GOOD CHANCE THE ANIMALS ARE DEMOCRATS CROSSING THE ROAD TO SEE WH ... [Read More]
- 4:48:52, Sep 29th 2014 - open enrolled out - It is time for us to again listen to thoughts of passionate peopl ... [Read More]
- 9:28:02, Sep 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - The person's identity will be made known at the meeting. The perso ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
Due to bad weather on the evening of the Harmony City Council’s meeting, this reporter wasn’t able to attend. However, a telephone interview with the city’s new Administrator was conducted.
Jerome Illg of Brooklyn Park, MN attended his first city council meeting. He disregarded the heavy snows and whiteout conditions, making his drive to southeastern MN a challenge. He and his wife, Jane, met with council members Tuesday evening, Feb. 11, 2003 and then drove back to Brooklyn Park. Illg grew up in the New Prague area and is a graduate of St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN, which is near St. Cloud. He has been working as Brooklyn Park’s accountant the past two years. Jane comes from the Spring Grove area where her parents, David and Marge Storlie, still live. The move from a city , which is the sixth largest in the the state, to Harmony will be a big change. Illg appreciates the small town atmosphere and how friendly people are in the rural community. Illg likes to do “putsy” things with friends and family members. He wants people to know that he is always open to any suggestions, that he is “approachable” and wants to make a positive contribution to the community. The new city administrator starts officially Feb. 24. Illg said he would like to meet as many people as possible and get up to speed on the city’s business. Other business • Chuck Janski informed the council that some of the Rural Development Grants the city was hoping to use for the wastewater treatment plant have not come through. He will be looking into revolving loans as another option. • Due to bad weather, Craig Skott of Mason City was not able to attend the meeting. He was scheduled to discuss the community center’s roof. A special meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2003. • There was a brief discussion on the possibility of raising utility rates. The council decided to wait until the new city administrator could take a look at current figures. • The Board of Review is set for Tuesday, April 29, 2003.