"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, April 28th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 1:13:19, Apr 27th 2015 - middle ground - Do you "enlightened' people who say the science is settled know that ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Apr 27th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - at doc- NEWS FLASH, Al Gore just stated the reason for the drought In ... [Read More]
- 5:45:13, Apr 26th 2015 - LOLZ - Do the corporations disclose the list of chemicals used in fracking? I didn't ... [Read More]
- 11:13:40, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - I think this is a little hysterical given this sand has been widely used ... [Read More]
- 10:59:21, Apr 26th 2015 - hawkeye63 - Mr. Panko, a few facts to interject: 1] There is no lack of state and f ... [Read More]
- 10:21:24, Apr 25th 2015 - ScienceMan - Mr. Earley, please listen to how illogical your opposition is to Mr. Re ... [Read More]
- 8:18:02, Apr 25th 2015 - doc - It sure is a never ending source of amusement for me to read the right wingers' ... [Read More]
- 12:28:34, Apr 24th 2015 - Kim Wentworth - to science dude and rest of you liberal tatters: www.forbes.com/... ... [Read More]
- 12:50:38, Apr 21st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks for the awesome tribute to the many firemen involved and ... [Read More]
- 8:36:39, Apr 21st 2015 - cheryl erickson mahaffay - Henrytown Lutheran Church has shaped me ll my life. I will ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 14th, 2003
Posted in Features
Posted in Features
Due to bad weather on the evening of the Harmony City Council’s meeting, this reporter wasn’t able to attend. However, a telephone interview with the city’s new Administrator was conducted.
Jerome Illg of Brooklyn Park, MN attended his first city council meeting. He disregarded the heavy snows and whiteout conditions, making his drive to southeastern MN a challenge. He and his wife, Jane, met with council members Tuesday evening, Feb. 11, 2003 and then drove back to Brooklyn Park. Illg grew up in the New Prague area and is a graduate of St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN, which is near St. Cloud. He has been working as Brooklyn Park’s accountant the past two years. Jane comes from the Spring Grove area where her parents, David and Marge Storlie, still live. The move from a city , which is the sixth largest in the the state, to Harmony will be a big change. Illg appreciates the small town atmosphere and how friendly people are in the rural community. Illg likes to do “putsy” things with friends and family members. He wants people to know that he is always open to any suggestions, that he is “approachable” and wants to make a positive contribution to the community. The new city administrator starts officially Feb. 24. Illg said he would like to meet as many people as possible and get up to speed on the city’s business. Other business • Chuck Janski informed the council that some of the Rural Development Grants the city was hoping to use for the wastewater treatment plant have not come through. He will be looking into revolving loans as another option. • Due to bad weather, Craig Skott of Mason City was not able to attend the meeting. He was scheduled to discuss the community center’s roof. A special meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2003. • There was a brief discussion on the possibility of raising utility rates. The council decided to wait until the new city administrator could take a look at current figures. • The Board of Review is set for Tuesday, April 29, 2003.