"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
David 'Dick' Bartz, 76, of Virginia, formerly of the Rochester area, died of leukemia Feb. 15, 2003 at his home.
Born Oct. 16, 1926, in Ogilvie, Minn., he lived in Chatfield and Rock Dell in his early years. During World War II, he served with the Army Air Forces. Mr. Bartz lived in this area until moving to northern Minnesota in 1955. He was employed by Reserve Mining Co. until his retirement in 1985. During retirement, he worked at various jobs, including at Deb's Diner. He was a member of the Northern Club of Virginia and the Eveleth Elks Lodge. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and cooking Survivors include three daughters, Sonia Hoffman of Lakeville, Minn., Deb Olivanti of Virginia and Wendi (Jim) Oja of Deltona, Fla.; six grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; a sister, Geraldine (Orville) Bahl of Fort Collins, Colo.; and special friend JoAnn Ohmann. A memorial service for David "Dick" Bartz was Feb 22, 2003 at Gethsemane Evangelical Lutheran Church in Virginia, Minn., with the Rev. Clarence Schaffner officiating. Military rites will be conducted by the Virginia Servicemen's Color Guard.