"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 5:40:17, Dec 4th 2013 - Kiko - I feel the pain for anybody feeling the effects of this health care law. On th ... [Read More]
- 7:55:33, Dec 3rd 2013 - quail - I visited Austin's Goat Farm about 8 years ago when I was a patient at the nea ... [Read More]
- 3:29:59, Nov 27th 2013 - Eric - Good Website ... [Read More]
- 8:44:28, Nov 19th 2013 - bwenthold - The author's insight reflects her vision of the world. I enjoyed this ar ... [Read More]
- 7:13:48, Nov 19th 2013 - - Colin's custom work is of the highest quality. He continues to produce unique prod ... [Read More]
- 2:53:19, Nov 18th 2013 - mark scheevel - paul, you have said it all! it is truly an event that we as parents w ... [Read More]
- 11:50:51, Nov 12th 2013 - Sharon Rustad - Mr. Kues: Just for the record the invitation to join the Task For ... [Read More]
- 12:04:51, Nov 10th 2013 - email@example.com - In response to Mrs. Neyhuis' response, you put an interesti ... [Read More]
- 8:39:45, Nov 6th 2013 - cbothun1234 - I will miss you forever and always lady! You have made such a positive i ... [Read More]
- 3:57:24, Nov 6th 2013 - MNFarmboy - Mr. Kues, the bill you mentioned about the district receiving $20 million ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
David 'Dick' Bartz, 76, of Virginia, formerly of the Rochester area, died of leukemia Feb. 15, 2003 at his home.
Born Oct. 16, 1926, in Ogilvie, Minn., he lived in Chatfield and Rock Dell in his early years. During World War II, he served with the Army Air Forces. Mr. Bartz lived in this area until moving to northern Minnesota in 1955. He was employed by Reserve Mining Co. until his retirement in 1985. During retirement, he worked at various jobs, including at Deb's Diner. He was a member of the Northern Club of Virginia and the Eveleth Elks Lodge. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and cooking Survivors include three daughters, Sonia Hoffman of Lakeville, Minn., Deb Olivanti of Virginia and Wendi (Jim) Oja of Deltona, Fla.; six grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; a sister, Geraldine (Orville) Bahl of Fort Collins, Colo.; and special friend JoAnn Ohmann. A memorial service for David "Dick" Bartz was Feb 22, 2003 at Gethsemane Evangelical Lutheran Church in Virginia, Minn., with the Rev. Clarence Schaffner officiating. Military rites will be conducted by the Virginia Servicemen's Color Guard.