"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, June 25th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 10:55:08, Jun 24th 2016 - dianagoguen - Hello, Is there a place to access obituaries from previous years? ... [Read More]
- 3:45:08, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - With all the people that will be flocking to town to have their kids attend sc ... [Read More]
- 3:44:45, Jun 22nd 2016 - Andy O'Connor - Agree to disagree Stan, we'll likely never see eye to eye on this iss ... [Read More]
- 3:23:28, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - #sickofitall...do yourself a favor and get your dictionary out and look up " i ... [Read More]
- 3:15:56, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Palacek easement never was useable. He got to his property, with permi ... [Read More]
- 2:56:30, Jun 22nd 2016 - disgusted - There are a couple of issues here to be addressed The first one is the ... [Read More]
- 2:31:21, Jun 22nd 2016 - #sickofitall - Re: Palacek. He can not develop without a public road. His easement is ... [Read More]
- 1:15:13, Jun 22nd 2016 - Stan Gudmundson - An old building that can be replaced at 50 cents on the dollar? Su ... [Read More]
- 7:28:50, Jun 22nd 2016 - doc - The GOP's war on education is a continuing success. ... [Read More]
- 7:26:23, Jun 22nd 2016 - SEMN - You're not a very intelligent grandparent. Nobody needed to go to those meetin ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
David 'Dick' Bartz, 76, of Virginia, formerly of the Rochester area, died of leukemia Feb. 15, 2003 at his home.
Born Oct. 16, 1926, in Ogilvie, Minn., he lived in Chatfield and Rock Dell in his early years. During World War II, he served with the Army Air Forces. Mr. Bartz lived in this area until moving to northern Minnesota in 1955. He was employed by Reserve Mining Co. until his retirement in 1985. During retirement, he worked at various jobs, including at Deb's Diner. He was a member of the Northern Club of Virginia and the Eveleth Elks Lodge. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and cooking Survivors include three daughters, Sonia Hoffman of Lakeville, Minn., Deb Olivanti of Virginia and Wendi (Jim) Oja of Deltona, Fla.; six grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; a sister, Geraldine (Orville) Bahl of Fort Collins, Colo.; and special friend JoAnn Ohmann. A memorial service for David "Dick" Bartz was Feb 22, 2003 at Gethsemane Evangelical Lutheran Church in Virginia, Minn., with the Rev. Clarence Schaffner officiating. Military rites will be conducted by the Virginia Servicemen's Color Guard.