"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, September 16th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
- 10:07:39, Sep 10th 2014 - Gussie - Well put. If people only knew what went on at the Fillmore County Sheriff's ... [Read More]
- 10:07:20, Sep 8th 2014 - ostranderite - Mayor Nessler owns 1 of the 3 businesses in Ostrander that has a liquo ... [Read More]
- 7:37:46, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - doc, was that comment really needed? Just because I said that same t ... [Read More]
- 3:39:25, Sep 6th 2014 - doc - Sounds like a young republican. ... [Read More]
- 9:54:10, Sep 6th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - youwho, I couldn't agree with you more. There are people out there ... [Read More]
- 7:17:52, Sep 6th 2014 - youwho - Which would make him 15 on June 1st, 2014. The correct age to play 15U for t ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
David 'Dick' Bartz, 76, of Virginia, formerly of the Rochester area, died of leukemia Feb. 15, 2003 at his home.
Born Oct. 16, 1926, in Ogilvie, Minn., he lived in Chatfield and Rock Dell in his early years. During World War II, he served with the Army Air Forces. Mr. Bartz lived in this area until moving to northern Minnesota in 1955. He was employed by Reserve Mining Co. until his retirement in 1985. During retirement, he worked at various jobs, including at Deb's Diner. He was a member of the Northern Club of Virginia and the Eveleth Elks Lodge. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and cooking Survivors include three daughters, Sonia Hoffman of Lakeville, Minn., Deb Olivanti of Virginia and Wendi (Jim) Oja of Deltona, Fla.; six grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; a sister, Geraldine (Orville) Bahl of Fort Collins, Colo.; and special friend JoAnn Ohmann. A memorial service for David "Dick" Bartz was Feb 22, 2003 at Gethsemane Evangelical Lutheran Church in Virginia, Minn., with the Rev. Clarence Schaffner officiating. Military rites will be conducted by the Virginia Servicemen's Color Guard.