"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Sunday, September 21st, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 6:14:51, Sep 20th 2014 - email@example.com - Since I grew up in Pilot Mound I have memories of REDS DOG PATCH ... [Read More]
- 1:41:34, Sep 19th 2014 - yorty - Parade is at 11 am ... [Read More]
- 1:00:41, Sep 19th 2014 - - Visited the facebook page of The Fillmore County Journal and was unable to find mo ... [Read More]
- 10:46:40, Sep 19th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, so what if the "Deputy" was asleep? Maybe he was tired. Y ... [Read More]
- 10:40:04, Sep 18th 2014 - Gussie - Well Kingslandgrad for starters how about a few nights ago on my way to wor ... [Read More]
- 9:45:10, Sep 17th 2014 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Okay they gave you the we want to help the world and full of ... [Read More]
- 11:05:24, Sep 16th 2014 - - Good and informative but wish it stated the TIME of the parade! Coming from out-o ... [Read More]
- 1:05:53, Sep 15th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Gussie, what's your proof that stuff like this happens at the Fillm ... [Read More]
- 10:45:10, Sep 12th 2014 - Bill Butler - The article contains the usual deniers’ slogans, but as per usual is ... [Read More]
- 9:13:55, Sep 11th 2014 - Great Aunt Linda - Great article on becoming a doctor in MN. Congrats to Morgan. ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Raymond C. Himli, 80, of Fountain, a longtime cook and cafe owner, died Feb. 17, 2003 at his home.
Born Feb. 4, 1923, in Rushford, he lived in the rural Lanesboro area until joining the Army during World War II. He participated in the Battle of the Bulge. After the war, he returned to Lanesboro and was a cook at Jack's Cafe and later a cook at the Green Gables Cafe in Fountain. He then owned the Dew Drop Inn in Lanesboro until returning to Fountain, where he owned and operated Ray's Supper Club. He then retired and later opened Ray's and Dot's Cafe in Fountain, which he operated for 10 years until the time of his death. On Dec. 12, 1946, he married Dorothy Kuyath in Lanesboro. Mr. Himli was a former member of the Lanesboro City Council, a member and past commander of the Fountain American Legion and a member of Fountain Lutheran Church. He enjoyed fishing and storytelling. Survivors include his wife; five sons, James (DeeAnn), Kevin and Douglas (Amanda), all of Fountain, Jeffrey of Fayette, Iowa, and Gerald; a daughter, Carol (Jay) Brossoit of Dexter; 15 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter and a brother. The funeral for Raymond C. Himli was Feb. 20, 2003 at Fountain Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Kieran Darcy officiating and the Fountain American Legion conducting military rites. The body was cremated after the service. Interment will be in the Lanesboro Cemetery at a later date. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.