"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:52:43, Jun 1st 2015 - SV80 - Wentworth. Doesn't seem sporting to engage someone who can't spell 3rd grade ... [Read More]
- 3:40:30, Jun 1st 2015 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Congratulations Girls! You all did a super job. What a wonderful ... [Read More]
- 2:46:35, Jun 1st 2015 - sbearbow - Babe (Mom to the Twins), really needs your help. She has injured her groin ... [Read More]
- 2:34:00, Jun 1st 2015 - doc - @ doc and sv80- why don't you two go get a room some where We can just do it ... [Read More]
- 2:12:48, Jun 1st 2015 - Kim Wentworth - @sv80- the news of the your global warming FARCE is on to some degree ... [Read More]
- 1:59:15, Jun 1st 2015 - lol - 2nd place is the first lossers. Then the girls go home and cry. Lol. Most of you ... [Read More]
- 1:55:05, Jun 1st 2015 - wow - So, you people are funny. Do u remember in history class about the glaciers that ... [Read More]
- 11:04:50, May 31st 2015 - trojan fan - Margaret Carlson, you need to read RP school board chair Linder's respo ... [Read More]
- 10:23:01, May 31st 2015 - fact check - Yes Stan's OPINION is shocking....it is also not factual. I'm certain ... [Read More]
- 1:07:49, May 31st 2015 - Spam and Saltines - It's a weekly paper, and they put the online version up a few day ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Raymond C. Himli, 80, of Fountain, a longtime cook and cafe owner, died Feb. 17, 2003 at his home.
Born Feb. 4, 1923, in Rushford, he lived in the rural Lanesboro area until joining the Army during World War II. He participated in the Battle of the Bulge. After the war, he returned to Lanesboro and was a cook at Jack's Cafe and later a cook at the Green Gables Cafe in Fountain. He then owned the Dew Drop Inn in Lanesboro until returning to Fountain, where he owned and operated Ray's Supper Club. He then retired and later opened Ray's and Dot's Cafe in Fountain, which he operated for 10 years until the time of his death. On Dec. 12, 1946, he married Dorothy Kuyath in Lanesboro. Mr. Himli was a former member of the Lanesboro City Council, a member and past commander of the Fountain American Legion and a member of Fountain Lutheran Church. He enjoyed fishing and storytelling. Survivors include his wife; five sons, James (DeeAnn), Kevin and Douglas (Amanda), all of Fountain, Jeffrey of Fayette, Iowa, and Gerald; a daughter, Carol (Jay) Brossoit of Dexter; 15 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter and a brother. The funeral for Raymond C. Himli was Feb. 20, 2003 at Fountain Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Kieran Darcy officiating and the Fountain American Legion conducting military rites. The body was cremated after the service. Interment will be in the Lanesboro Cemetery at a later date. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.