"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Wednesday, July 30th, 2014
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 7:19:30, Jul 29th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - Wow- so you're still going to do your shopping in Iowa to save 50-c ... [Read More]
- 4:02:43, Jul 29th 2014 - wow - Didn't read did you. I live on Iowa border doesn't take anymore had then going ... [Read More]
- 12:15:51, Jul 29th 2014 - kyle - or George Bush ... [Read More]
- 9:02:44, Jul 29th 2014 - notacookoo - WOW, this is the most unconnected rambling yet. It started out nice as ... [Read More]
- 9:21:56, Jul 28th 2014 - RFDvolunteer - Thank you Brett for a good article. I hope people will respond positiv ... [Read More]
- 7:50:52, Jul 28th 2014 - KingslandGrad95 - @wow-so you're willing to spend more on gas money to buy in Iowa wh ... [Read More]
- 11:01:18, Jul 27th 2014 - Eagle - Dear Mr. Bear, I thought to address a few of the issues you bring up. ... [Read More]
- 10:05:23, Jul 27th 2014 - - Exciting. .and welcome to SE Minnesota. Good Luck with your new venture. ... [Read More]
- 1:39:15, Jul 27th 2014 - yes - Spanish books would be GREAT! They don't have any books now at FC and if your c ... [Read More]
- 1:30:09, Jul 27th 2014 - wow - Living on the Iowa border I will do all my shopping in Iowa if they do that! ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Raymond C. Himli, 80, of Fountain, a longtime cook and cafe owner, died Feb. 17, 2003 at his home.
Born Feb. 4, 1923, in Rushford, he lived in the rural Lanesboro area until joining the Army during World War II. He participated in the Battle of the Bulge. After the war, he returned to Lanesboro and was a cook at Jack's Cafe and later a cook at the Green Gables Cafe in Fountain. He then owned the Dew Drop Inn in Lanesboro until returning to Fountain, where he owned and operated Ray's Supper Club. He then retired and later opened Ray's and Dot's Cafe in Fountain, which he operated for 10 years until the time of his death. On Dec. 12, 1946, he married Dorothy Kuyath in Lanesboro. Mr. Himli was a former member of the Lanesboro City Council, a member and past commander of the Fountain American Legion and a member of Fountain Lutheran Church. He enjoyed fishing and storytelling. Survivors include his wife; five sons, James (DeeAnn), Kevin and Douglas (Amanda), all of Fountain, Jeffrey of Fayette, Iowa, and Gerald; a daughter, Carol (Jay) Brossoit of Dexter; 15 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter and a brother. The funeral for Raymond C. Himli was Feb. 20, 2003 at Fountain Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Kieran Darcy officiating and the Fountain American Legion conducting military rites. The body was cremated after the service. Interment will be in the Lanesboro Cemetery at a later date. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.