"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Thursday, October 8th, 2015
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:10:55, Oct 7th 2015 - @ Concerned - I have wondered about this too. Most of the Wykoff kids don't even go t ... [Read More]
- 2:53:37, Oct 6th 2015 - Concerned - Has the school board & administration ever checked into why so many studen ... [Read More]
- 9:58:41, Oct 6th 2015 - - Why don't you run for school board, SomethingNeedsToBeDone? Write-in candidates we ... [Read More]
- 2:05:39, Oct 5th 2015 - Paul - The Quaran does not tell Muslims to kill non-muslims. In fact it says Muslims a ... [Read More]
- 1:01:48, Oct 5th 2015 - GoldenRule - Let us be mindful of the Golden Rule and how we treat others. Be careful ... [Read More]
- 11:32:26, Oct 5th 2015 - SomethingNeedsToBeDone - Are people blind?? How can they continue to use a facility ... [Read More]
- 11:23:54, Oct 5th 2015 - James1952 - Pig poker- what did you crybaby vote yes losers do both times you lost th ... [Read More]
- 10:51:29, Oct 5th 2015 - Pig poker - We all know why Jon Peterson doesn't want the school, he's mad because he ... [Read More]
- 10:37:45, Oct 5th 2015 - - Mr. Cerling(and many others), Let me start by admitting that I am beneath you in ... [Read More]
- 7:33:17, Oct 4th 2015 - Redhorse51 - Talk about drinking the Liberal Kool-Aid, WOW! WOW! WOW! Obama not a Mus ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Raymond C. Himli, 80, of Fountain, a longtime cook and cafe owner, died Feb. 17, 2003 at his home.
Born Feb. 4, 1923, in Rushford, he lived in the rural Lanesboro area until joining the Army during World War II. He participated in the Battle of the Bulge. After the war, he returned to Lanesboro and was a cook at Jack's Cafe and later a cook at the Green Gables Cafe in Fountain. He then owned the Dew Drop Inn in Lanesboro until returning to Fountain, where he owned and operated Ray's Supper Club. He then retired and later opened Ray's and Dot's Cafe in Fountain, which he operated for 10 years until the time of his death. On Dec. 12, 1946, he married Dorothy Kuyath in Lanesboro. Mr. Himli was a former member of the Lanesboro City Council, a member and past commander of the Fountain American Legion and a member of Fountain Lutheran Church. He enjoyed fishing and storytelling. Survivors include his wife; five sons, James (DeeAnn), Kevin and Douglas (Amanda), all of Fountain, Jeffrey of Fayette, Iowa, and Gerald; a daughter, Carol (Jay) Brossoit of Dexter; 15 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter and a brother. The funeral for Raymond C. Himli was Feb. 20, 2003 at Fountain Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Kieran Darcy officiating and the Fountain American Legion conducting military rites. The body was cremated after the service. Interment will be in the Lanesboro Cemetery at a later date. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.