"Where Fillmore County News Comes First"
Saturday, February 13th, 2016
Volume ∞ Issue ∞
- 9:05:21, Feb 12th 2016 - VikeFan1 - Wentworth Your post contains disconnected ideas and makes little sense. ... [Read More]
- 1:21:44, Feb 12th 2016 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Well said. I cook on wkends too, leftovers during the week a ... [Read More]
- 1:07:17, Feb 12th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85 and vikefan1- the countries I mentioned in my last post are all ... [Read More]
- 8:40:49, Feb 11th 2016 - VikeFan1 - @Wentworth "Universal health care not covered in the Constitution" ? ... [Read More]
- 1:11:48, Feb 11th 2016 - SV85 - @Wentworth If you will do an unbiased research on the positive features of th ... [Read More]
- 9:43:47, Feb 11th 2016 - Kim Wenworth - @ sv85- exactly what are the benefits of obamacare? the last time I ch ... [Read More]
- 2:39:33, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - Hawkeye Also your blind devotion to Fox News. Did it ever occur to you that ... [Read More]
- 2:26:35, Feb 9th 2016 - SV85 - @Hawkeye 63 And your blind loyalty to anything and anybody to the far right ... [Read More]
- 1:44:23, Feb 9th 2016 - Taylor - @Rushford Man...you have a problem with me? Bring to me personally instead of ... [Read More]
- 1:16:28, Feb 9th 2016 - Hawkeye63 - @ SV85, You are correct when you state the negative comments were mostly f ... [Read More]
Fri, Feb 21st, 2003
Posted in Obituaries
Posted in Obituaries
Raymond C. Himli, 80, of Fountain, a longtime cook and cafe owner, died Feb. 17, 2003 at his home.
Born Feb. 4, 1923, in Rushford, he lived in the rural Lanesboro area until joining the Army during World War II. He participated in the Battle of the Bulge. After the war, he returned to Lanesboro and was a cook at Jack's Cafe and later a cook at the Green Gables Cafe in Fountain. He then owned the Dew Drop Inn in Lanesboro until returning to Fountain, where he owned and operated Ray's Supper Club. He then retired and later opened Ray's and Dot's Cafe in Fountain, which he operated for 10 years until the time of his death. On Dec. 12, 1946, he married Dorothy Kuyath in Lanesboro. Mr. Himli was a former member of the Lanesboro City Council, a member and past commander of the Fountain American Legion and a member of Fountain Lutheran Church. He enjoyed fishing and storytelling. Survivors include his wife; five sons, James (DeeAnn), Kevin and Douglas (Amanda), all of Fountain, Jeffrey of Fayette, Iowa, and Gerald; a daughter, Carol (Jay) Brossoit of Dexter; 15 grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by a daughter, a granddaughter and a brother. The funeral for Raymond C. Himli was Feb. 20, 2003 at Fountain Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Kieran Darcy officiating and the Fountain American Legion conducting military rites. The body was cremated after the service. Interment will be in the Lanesboro Cemetery at a later date. Riley Funeral Home in Chatfield was in charge of arrangements.